Animate Guardian

That's because it must activate it, and AG can't activate skills even if you grant them to it somehow. But "static" effects granted by items (for example, asenath's TC-on-hit) are used(passively ofc) by AG.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Apr 13, 2017, 5:25:07 AM
do vengeance from unique shield work?
Animate Guardian needs immediate reinforcement.
While playing the beta this morning, discussion spawned about the new support and their interactions with minions, and I ended up chatting with a fellow "Guardianite", another player that is trying to make the Guardian be worthy in itself.

I think that many guardian players will agree that it needs some tuning, or at least a new version (the old one is satisfying a lot of people I guess). I've compiled a list of remarks and possible thoughts about the Guardian; I encourage you to add yours and make your voice heard here, if you have ideas or reflexion regarding one of the most interesting minion skills in my opinion.

Animated Guardian

Current Guardian's is a bit underwhelming:
- A "standing there" kind of guy, not really participating in the fight in itself. Means that we have to rely on Zombies/Spectres/SRS to be the main force of impact
- Past videos have shown it being able to do something, but it requires exalts of investment and very specific skills interaction to perform well (the Starforge/Poison - wither targeting dude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L17oPmP8ORo )
- Unreliable regarding hitting stuff, as it spends lots of time taunting, looking at stuff, wondering around what to do.
-- if you want to rely on Hit effects from it (cursing, or equipped items with chance on hit effects), it's tedious due to the "stop and look at butterflies"
- that usually limits it to the classic Dying Breath / Leer Cast combination
- Basically, a vanilla Stone Golem is more mobile and more efficient as a minion (and grants you regen)
- Invested gear can be wiped on nukes (if your guardian is in the middle of a Bearer group detonating, or I saw it getting some serious Chaos/Burn degen); and since there's no Unsummon it, you have to rely on TPing out, unsocketing. Only because there's the risk of losing all items

Needed
- a better prevision of the stats of the guardian in the skill panel in Character's panel.
- Clarify the interaction that the Guardian has with items with special things (ie. Edge of Madness)
- almost every Guardian player complains about the item destruction on death for a reason.

Possible directions for a rework/threshold jewel
- remove the Taunt animation. Or at least make it actual use the Taunting effects (see Slab Slam from Stone Golem)
- The Primordial jewels give a nice flavour to Golems' behaviour; I guess "guardianites" would love to see that kind of thing applied to the fella
- The item consumption is a definite flavour of the Guardian. We should be able to consult what's equipped by it. And even if there's an Haku mod specifically for that, I believe the items should not be destroyed on Guardian's death (I mean, those golems and zombies and spectres have it easy compared to the lovely guardians)
- Something that gives more power to the guardian, but lower zombies/spectres/other minions (something like 50% less other max spectres, skeletons, zombies, SRS). I'm specific here because I really like the spawned wolves and I'd be happy to see them working with that kind of interaction if it happens. To make a Wolf God Guardian for example :)

Cheers
Ravine
Is there any way how I can see items currently equipped by the guardian? My point is I do not want to accidentally delete better items just because I forgot what items I equipped the guardian with.
Permanently losing items really holds this skill back from its full potential IMO.

Perhaps there could be a threshold jewel that preserves the items used for the guardian in exchange for some other malus when it takes fatal damage. Some ideas:

- Guardian does not die when it takes fatal damage, but instead siphons health/ES from you, possibly killing you instead.
- Guardian does die when it takes fatal damage, but respawns after a period based on the total rarity of items used for the guardian. You cannot create a new guardian while one is respawning.
- While a guardian is summoned, you gain a 'Dismantle Guardian' skill (similar to how mine gems grant us a 'Detonate Mines' skill) allowing you to reclaim items and/or check what you've equipped the guardian with. This disables the Animate Guardian skill for a while to discourage us from dismantling/remaking the guardian just before it dies.

This skill would also feel much better if its idle/taunt animations were either removed or given some clear purpose, like actually applying a taunt effect to nearby enemies.
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Aug 24, 2017, 3:33:51 AM

Was very exited to use the new ability on Al Dhih:"Trigger Level 1 Abyssal Cry on Hit"

Sadly, on my AG it does not trigger anything. FeelsBadMan

Please fix because this should work, no?
Spoiler
"
Ravine wrote:
While playing the beta this morning, discussion spawned about the new support and their interactions with minions, and I ended up chatting with a fellow "Guardianite", another player that is trying to make the Guardian be worthy in itself.

I think that many guardian players will agree that it needs some tuning, or at least a new version (the old one is satisfying a lot of people I guess). I've compiled a list of remarks and possible thoughts about the Guardian; I encourage you to add yours and make your voice heard here, if you have ideas or reflexion regarding one of the most interesting minion skills in my opinion.

Animated Guardian

Current Guardian's is a bit underwhelming:
- A "standing there" kind of guy, not really participating in the fight in itself. Means that we have to rely on Zombies/Spectres/SRS to be the main force of impact
- Past videos have shown it being able to do something, but it requires exalts of investment and very specific skills interaction to perform well (the Starforge/Poison - wither targeting dude https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L17oPmP8ORo )
- Unreliable regarding hitting stuff, as it spends lots of time taunting, looking at stuff, wondering around what to do.
-- if you want to rely on Hit effects from it (cursing, or equipped items with chance on hit effects), it's tedious due to the "stop and look at butterflies"
- that usually limits it to the classic Dying Breath / Leer Cast combination
- Basically, a vanilla Stone Golem is more mobile and more efficient as a minion (and grants you regen)
- Invested gear can be wiped on nukes (if your guardian is in the middle of a Bearer group detonating, or I saw it getting some serious Chaos/Burn degen); and since there's no Unsummon it, you have to rely on TPing out, unsocketing. Only because there's the risk of losing all items

Needed
- a better prevision of the stats of the guardian in the skill panel in Character's panel.
- Clarify the interaction that the Guardian has with items with special things (ie. Edge of Madness)
- almost every Guardian player complains about the item destruction on death for a reason.

Possible directions for a rework/threshold jewel
- remove the Taunt animation. Or at least make it actual use the Taunting effects (see Slab Slam from Stone Golem)
- The Primordial jewels give a nice flavour to Golems' behaviour; I guess "guardianites" would love to see that kind of thing applied to the fella
- The item consumption is a definite flavour of the Guardian. We should be able to consult what's equipped by it. And even if there's an Haku mod specifically for that, I believe the items should not be destroyed on Guardian's death (I mean, those golems and zombies and spectres have it easy compared to the lovely guardians)
- Something that gives more power to the guardian, but lower zombies/spectres/other minions (something like 50% less other max spectres, skeletons, zombies, SRS). I'm specific here because I really like the spawned wolves and I'd be happy to see them working with that kind of interaction if it happens. To make a Wolf God Guardian for example :)

Cheers
Ravine
Spoiler
"
PoofySleeves wrote:
Permanently losing items really holds this skill back from its full potential IMO.

Perhaps there could be a threshold jewel that preserves the items used for the guardian in exchange for some other malus when it takes fatal damage. Some ideas:

- Guardian does not die when it takes fatal damage, but instead siphons health/ES from you, possibly killing you instead.
- Guardian does die when it takes fatal damage, but respawns after a period based on the total rarity of items used for the guardian. You cannot create a new guardian while one is respawning.
- While a guardian is summoned, you gain a 'Dismantle Guardian' skill (similar to how mine gems grant us a 'Detonate Mines' skill) allowing you to reclaim items and/or check what you've equipped the guardian with. This disables the Animate Guardian skill for a while to discourage us from dismantling/remaking the guardian just before it dies.

This skill would also feel much better if its idle/taunt animations were either removed or given some clear purpose, like actually applying a taunt effect to nearby enemies.

I think you two do a very thorough job of explaining what's on my mind.

I think the most annoying aspect of the guardian to me, is that stupid taunt. If that were removed, then I could deal with every other one of his shortcomings.

Dual Wielding taunt looks like he's eating, then rubbing what he was eating around his face.

Then there's a thumbs down taunt (2h taunt I think), where it's like "Yeah man, just give em a good ole thumbs down. That will teach them".

Please, please jebus if you do nothing else;

Remove. That. Useless. F***ing. Taunt. It's not cool. It doesn't make him seem cooler, or tougher, nor does it improve the gameplay. It just interrupts his relatively weak attacks, which he misses enough as it is.

REMOVE THAT TAUNT!
Last edited by Crixus1 on Sep 1, 2017, 7:47:21 PM
Is there a chance that in future patch he can use ranged weapons? (in a certain way, like, via unique or threshold jewel)

:P

been waiting for this for a long long time.
Last edited by insobyr on Sep 12, 2017, 7:14:53 PM
Animate guardian should function like the diablo 2 mercenary. You should have a little equip inventory screen to equip and de equip him with. This alone would be so useful, but probably not that easy for them to implement. But hey, it was done in diablo 2, they should be able to do it here. Also, please dont lose items on death, he sucks enough, and losing items on him just means your stuck using cheap things on him for him to use little buffs for you and your party, while he doesn't even act like a "guardian" anymore. More like some dude that just supports in the backround and possibly dies. Maybe they should just rename him to Animate support guy lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info