Animate Guardian

Does anyone know how much mana an animated guardian has? Or can anyone think of a good way to test it?

It might be a silly idea but if he has a decent amount then giving him a Cloak of Defiance and some damage taken gained as mana items might be worth trying out.

My gut tells me he has 0 base mana and 0 base int though ;_;

Alternatively, if anyone from GGG wants to look it up and share it'd be much appriciated.

- - - - - - - -

And another thing; has anyone tried giving him one of the rampage only unique gloves? I don't have a summoner on rampage so I can't readily try it out myself.

He probably can't proc the "on rampage" effects of the items but then again if he can then Shadow and Dust could be another (silly) support option.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Using some observations . the guardian has no abilities , no spells. just an attack.

following that logic i would say no he does not have mana , or if he does is probably just a token placeholder possibly not unlike the base mana of a melee mob of similar ilevel

I would sand box the gloves for you but , lets face it i have obviously shown that i have no intention of investing in a skill that this risky to use.

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
the guardian is bound to gem, not character...
Incorrect. The guardian is bound to the character which summoned him, not a specific gem used to do so.
If you summon a guardian with high level gear and then swap to a low level gem, it won't be able to summon with that gear.
If at least one item is usable by the lower level gem, it will be resummonable, but will fail to use the other gear which is over it's level restriction. However unless you add more gear to replace it, it will still have the high level gear stored and can use it with a higher level gem.

Why is the skill still in the state it's in? If you don't think it needs to be fixed, then how do you intend for people to use it? What successful builds have your testers made for it?
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
I have a great idea! Have animate guardian have the ability to equip rings and amulets!
To Do List:
-Add Better Minion Supports
-Add More Permanent Minions
GoreFleshSummoner | Low Life Zombie n' Specter Summoner
Summoner Gear: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1633760
"
Enzari wrote:
I have a great idea! Have animate guardian have the ability to equip rings and amulets!

So he can lose more gear when he dies?

This skill honestly needs a complete re-work at this point.
he should be able to wear every kind of gear and be able to use the gems wich are placed into his body armour

ergo: you could basicly play a character wich is two chars in one for examlpe your guardian has a 2h weapon and uses ground slam and u are the swift thief wich uses 2 daggers

or you could make the guardian a aura carrier wich is pretty cool aswell

i dont think that would be op in any way compared to other builds that are out there also you lose alot if the guardian dies so with a lot of potential comes a lot of risk
Last edited by k0rik4 on Sep 25, 2014, 6:06:13 PM
Allow melee skill gems to be equipped on the guardian just like items. Sockets on animated items are not used for this. The gem can be replaced by animating another gem, and unlike animated equipment the current gem will drop on the ground when replaced.

Allowing gems to be used makes the guardian powerful enough that losing items on death is reasonable, although there should still only be a chance for items to be lost. This chance should decrease with guardian gem level and it should fall to 0% at level 24. Animated gems should never be lost when the guardian dies, whether by disappearing or by falling on the ground and not being picked up.

There should be a confirmation when replacing rare or unique items, which is done by casting on the same item twice. Casting on empty ground should desummon it or resummon it where it was desummoned if not too far away. The AI should be adjusted to be less aggressive.
The Amazon Basin: A Community of Friends Playing Games

http://www.theamazonbasin.com
Last edited by OnmyojiOmn on Sep 26, 2014, 7:29:29 PM
Considering cast on melee Kill got buffed, Animae Guardian will probably take the crown for least popular skill now. GGG should think of another way preventing this skill possibly being OP with OP gear other than it losing the said gear on death. I say make the items persist for 24h and then reset and buff him to make him actually usable.
We all can fathom how OP this might get if buffed to much for the 1% that can drop elite items on it. But if it only lasts for a day and he doesn't lose items on death people might actually bother with him if dumping an exalt or less a day will give you a powerful enough minion. This could also create a market for cheap items or the incentive to use masters everyday to craft items for your guardian.
IGN: Smegacore
I think a way to buff this is to change the bonuses on Animate Guardian. Their offense is garbage, so maybe increase the +% physical bonus they already get. Maybe change it from "increased" to "more".

Their accuracy is also bogus, it needs to be improved. Their hit chance seems much lower than a zombie's hit chance of the same level.

Their defense is sufficient. I have used them and they don't die that easily, even against bosses.

While I like their aggro range, they are supposed to be Animate Guardian, so I think they should have a more defensive aggro range.
all they need to do to make him viable is make it so he doesn't lose items on death.

we can't accurately say if his damage is garbage or not since no one is willing to put real gear on him (except for crazy people with money)

if you look in the early game when gear is cheap enough for you to put decent stuff on him for his level he actually kicks alot of ass , but the cost of things balloons into the absurd in end game.

and no one would be willing to throw away 400 dps weapons 2 hand or otherwise on a guardian.

we simply don't know how well he would do if people were willing to put cool stuff on him.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Sep 29, 2014, 10:20:08 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info