Animate Guardian

"
Because both of their roles are to kill stuff? The main reason they were used was because you could 6L zombie/5L spectre. With that option gone, their not even a valid choice for a summoner who wants GOOD clear speed. If your using zombies as pure tanks, then thats fine, but 6L spirits still outshine spectres.

Not true at all. Some Spectres curse, others have proximity shield. They do not fill the same roles.
Zombies do damage, that's what they do, Spectres, not always the case.

Why are you comparing 6L Raging Spirits? After the damage buff, Raging Spirits damage is a fair bit above any of the other summons. This includes Zombies, not just Spectres.

"
Looks pretty personal to me there. Saying they work fine WITHOUT giving reasons why is vague. I actually gave reasons as to why they are NOT in a good spot right now.

I stated several reasons in the prior post as well as this one as to why they are bad. If you don't understand that I don't know what else to tell you.

You did not state any reasons. You made generalizations and assumptions. You went with the first assumption "Snapshotting nerf pretty much did in these guys". Howabout players that don't snapshot? They see no difference before and after 1.2 patch. And thus the response I gave, its just you. Because you are assuming things.
"
Starxsword wrote:

Not true at all. Some Spectres curse, others have proximity shield. They do not fill the same roles.
Zombies do damage, that's what they do, Spectres, not always the case.

Why are you comparing 6L Raging Spirits? After the damage buff, Raging Spirits damage is a fair bit above any of the other summons. This includes Zombies, not just Spectres.

Cursing Spectres are 100% useless. Proximity spectres eventually die anyways, costing you map portals if you wish to leave to get new ones. As to why compare 6L Raging Spirits, it simply makes my point valid that the other minions are lacking behind as even YOU admit.

"
Starxsword wrote:

You did not state any reasons. You made generalizations and assumptions. You went with the first assumption "Snapshotting nerf pretty much did in these guys". Howabout players that don't snapshot? They see no difference before and after 1.2 patch. And thus the response I gave, its just you. Because you are assuming things.

You refusing to read my reasons is not my problem. The fact that your highest level is 73 shows you have no end-game experience, so enjoy.
"
Cursing Spectres are 100% useless. Proximity spectres eventually die anyways, costing you map portals if you wish to leave to get new ones. As to why compare 6L Raging Spirits, it simply makes my point valid that the other minions are lacking behind as even YOU admit.

It doesn't make your point valid in the least. You are comparing to what is currently an OP skill to what is a normal skill.
It is like comparing Arc, pre 1.2 patch, to some other elemental damage skills. Even if that skill does fine on its own, it still cannot compare to Arc.

Cursing Spectres are fine, I am unsure why you think they are useless.
Proximity Shield spectres die eventually, sure, if the map is too high level compared to its level. Meaning if you use a level 68 spectre on a level 77-80 zone, yeah, its odds of survival are lowered.

There are also some new Spectres which summon stuff. There is also a buff to Spectres and a seemingly buff to some Spectre AI, not that you care.

"
You refusing to read my reasons is not my problem. The fact that your highest level is 73 shows you have no end-game experience, so enjoy.

My highest current character is 73, yes. If you looked at my characters a couple months ago, you would see a level 82, then, a level 79. Both are deleted. But then again, you wouldn't know that, would you?

You started off with an assumption, which invalidates your reasoning. Your assumption was after the snapshot change, Spectres are useless. Now, I have used Spectres without snapshot before the change, so I don't see any difference between then and now. The very least you can do is start off with a valid reason, which you have not.

Also, since you are complaining about Spectres, why are you not posting this on the Raise Spectre feedback thread?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Teriderol wrote:
The gem is a great item sink and really supportive if you go ranged and squishy. However, it would be great if also other stats beside +x to Maximum life or +x% increased Attack Speed would carry over, so that it wont use your defenses.
And yes, if you give it a complete set of rares, you prolly looses a few alterations vendoring it, but it won't die so fast.

Suggestions:
- use item stats from items placed upon it (including movement speed and energy shield)
It does get all the stats of the items you make it from. That's pretty much the entire point of the skill, and what allows for customisation (by using uniques or aiming for certain affixes such as resistance).

This is one of the sources of issues with the skill, since it can be very good with carefully chosen items, but people are wanting it to also be good with just whatever they happen to find. We're looking into ways to raise it's effectiveness when used with sub-par gear without making it too powerful when you put effort into it's build.

I don't understand how you expect us to use rare and expensive items and uniques on this skill. You lose them in so many ways.

If you try to change the socket in which the gem is placed then it gets desummoned and you lose your items. If you log out, you lose your items.

The idea for this skill is exceptional. The execution is terrible.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
"
geffreyy wrote:
If you try to change the socket in which the gem is placed then it gets desummoned and you lose your items. If you log out, you lose your items.
No, you only loose items if it dies.

In both the cases you list you can resummon it with all it's current items (after you've re-equipped the gem or logged back in, of course) by targeting the skill on an empty piece of ground.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 1, 2014, 8:27:49 PM
"
geffreyy wrote:
I don't understand how you expect us to use rare and expensive items and uniques on this skill. You lose them in so many ways.

The idea for this skill is exceptional. The execution is terrible.

You only lose your Guardian when he dies. When you change around the sockets or log out and back in again you can resummon him by casting the skill on the ground.

Edit: Too slow.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
Last edited by Mokihiki on Sep 1, 2014, 8:34:58 PM
I think ggg's view on the guardian is problematic.

Because they are balancing him for the unlikely event that the 1 or 3 people in the world who are rich enough to throw 50 exa items on him will do it.

anything in this game can be broken if you throw enough exalted orbs at it , this is a fact.

but the probability of that happening is beyond remote. we are talking the top .01% of poe players.

It seems ludicrous to me that this gem would be held back because a tiny fraction of the community might exploit it. especially when said people have plenty of other broken things to exploit anyway.

that is what it means to be rich.

it just limits accessibility. A gem for the rich and powerful ... and garbage for anyone else.

Hell at this point i would remove the whole use items mechanic entirely and just give him an aura or something.
Why on earth would you risk exalts for this when there's dozens of other skills that do more for less?

Let him keep the damn items. He doesn't have the AI of a player or any spells, the idea you can make a broken guardian by merely stacking bonuses on top of a braindead summon is far too cautious and has crippled this skill to pointlessness.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
geffreyy wrote:
No, you only loose items if it dies.

In both the cases you list you can resummon it with all it's current items (after you've re-equipped the gem or logged back in, of course) by targeting the skill on an empty piece of ground.

omg, ty, i was about to rage thinking the new big patch killed my AG

And guys, just give up trying to make AG a main skill, specially now that summoners are really short on sockets.... use it as a walking aura, you just need 1 socket and they can add over 30% dmg increase plus aura effect bonus. (leer cast + dying breath + Zahndethus' Cassock is a cheap and decent 1 socket AG)
Last edited by pelife123 on Sep 2, 2014, 11:16:21 PM
"
HyphyHuxley wrote:
He doesn't have the AI of a player
It is actually worse, he doesn't even have the AI of a zombie.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info