Animate Guardian

This is possibly a dumb question.

Why doesn't life regen. apply to Animate Guardian?
It seems as though it should is all.
Life regeneration on animated gear should. Vitality does. Minion heals do. Rejuv totem does.

The only regeneration that doesn't is % on tree taht isn't tagged with "minion".

The thing is, non % regen values are laughable compared to the guardian's total HP so you're not really going to see it work.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Are we likely to see any more detailed stat's on AG implemented in a future patch?

Such as how much life it has and how much dmg it does?

I love the skill just wish there was more info on the Guardian you create

Cheers
"
ConansMight wrote:
Are we likely to see any more detailed stat's on AG implemented in a future patch?

Such as how much life it has and how much dmg it does?

I love the skill just wish there was more info on the Guardian you create

Cheers
Technically speaking you know how much damage it does. The problem is that the tooltiip can;t support things like "your guardian does X damage" or "has X life" because of how modular the skill is.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
So, has anyone tried AG without minion(life) nodes on the passive tree? I don't have any but I'd love to have a buddy around me x) So what I'm basically asking is: Whats the best item setup to keep him alive?
"
kahzin wrote:
Whats the best item setup to keep him alive?
Single AG gem in second weapon slot. Your guardian will be totally invulnerable :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Jul 22, 2014, 4:02:03 AM
"
kahzin wrote:
So, has anyone tried AG without minion(life) nodes on the passive tree? I don't have any but I'd love to have a buddy around me x) So what I'm basically asking is: Whats the best item setup to keep him alive?

That depends on which item slot you put him in.

The tankiest Guardian you can get is one put in a Matua Tupuna corrupted to have "+1 to level of gems in this item" as its implicit and linked with empower and minion life. With non-corrupted gems he can reach 15045 life. If you corrupt +1 level on all three gems you can get him up to 19036 life. Without any minion passives.

If you put the same gems in a rare +2 minion helmet or a +1 gem level item you can get him up to ~11900 life without vaaling anything, which is much more reasonable.

A high health pool alone isn't enough though. Without any regen passives you'd need to wear a Skullhead or run vitality or feed him regen items such as Blood Dance and Springleaf to keep him healthy.
My supporter items: Victario's Charity and The Forsaken
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Vincendra wrote:
when using necro. aegis, does AG doubledip from shields ? how is NA handled with AG?
The Guardian has the stats of any shield it has equipped, as well as the stats of a shield you have equipped if you have Necromantic Aegis. This allows it the stats of two shields at once. some unique shields can be quite powerful when doubled up this way.

As someone running a Necromantic Aegis build, I find this kind of awesome. At least the idea of it, in practice, no way am I going to throw uniques away. Period, end of.

I love the idea of this skill, I really do. It's a phenomenal idea, but the implementation has a lot to be desired. Even the best ideas are killed by poor implementation.
Now to be honest I used this skill for all of about 5 minutes before giving up on the idea, because it's extremely heavy micro management and it consumes freaking items.
It's the trash compactor of Path of Exile.

I'd be willing to throw uniques at it if I knew I could get them back. Because what if you want to experiment or upgrade equipment as you go along? As is your just throwing good equipment away for no good reason. I don't mind having heavy restrictions, but bloody hell mate, that's a bit much don't you think?

Which is a shame, since I really like summoning stuff in general, in any game. Sadly minions in this game are pretty one note, tank and spank. All you can do is beef them up and that's about it, besides Necromantic Aegis that is. It's not nearly as creative as other combat options.

AG could have been an interesting skill with a lot of depth, but sadly it has far too high of a cost and barrier to entry. I'd rather just explode things into giblits with my Facebreaker instead thank you.
animate guardian would be usefull the day we won't lose the gear we put in.
IGN TylordRampage
Was going to post this in the other forum but since this is feed back for this skill ill post it here

I think once you use the skill to make the magic gear once its hp hits 0 the gear should drop to the ground like any other drop does from a mob

This seems to make more sense in that once its hp hits 0 the *magic* used to make it alive isn't there anymore so the gear (that makes up the minion) falls to the ground to be summoned again with full power (would have to resummon each part that it had/it drops)

Ive seen movies with armor that comes to life like this (im sure more then i have) it just seems better to me

Wouldn't lose gear
Could resummon with other gear without giving up some item it had

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info