Animate Guardian

"
Antistes wrote:
is there any way to check if the guardian died by checking game log?
if he's dead, he shouldn't appear on the top left with the buff icons.
Question, if you do not give him any weapon will he attack with fists? Does facebreaker then work with him?
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm
"
Question, if you do not give him any weapon will he attack with fists? Does facebreaker then work with him?

no facbreakers dont work with him
IGN: TapYourIt
I've got a few question about AG, i don't expect that one guy answer them all, sorry for the big list and ty in advance.

1 - Leer Cast and Dying Breath increased dmg bonus aura works on it?
2 - If i use Queens decree/bones of ullr on it will that extra spectre work for me?
3 - Do iir/iiq on the items used to summon it works or are they ignored?
4 - Can AG get charges? If so, would Lochtonial Caress passive (conduit) works on it?
5 - Can it critical strike?
6 - Its base hp is related to the gear lv i use or is it irrelevant?
7 - If i use an item with skill gems attached to it will it be able to use those skills? for example, i get a 4 link gloves, put a dual strike with other support gems on it, drop the glove on floor and use AG on it, will it be able to dual strike?
8 - Does it have a base ele/chaos res? Is ele/chaos dificulty penalty applied to it (-60 on merc)?
9 - Matua Tupuna group aura works on it? (10% increased Effect of Auras on your Minions )
10 - Reaper's Pursuit culling strike works on it?
"
pelife123 wrote:
I've got a few question about AG, i don't expect that one guy answer them all, sorry for the big list and ty in advance.

1 - Leer Cast and Dying Breath increased dmg bonus aura works on it?
2 - If i use Queens decree/bones of ullr on it will that extra spectre work for me?
3 - Do iir/iiq on the items used to summon it works or are they ignored?
4 - Can AG get charges? If so, would Lochtonial Caress passive (conduit) works on it?
5 - Can it critical strike?
6 - Its base hp is related to the gear lv i use or is it irrelevant?
7 - If i use an item with skill gems attached to it will it be able to use those skills? for example, i get a 4 link gloves, put a dual strike with other support gems on it, drop the glove on floor and use AG on it, will it be able to dual strike?
8 - Does it have a base ele/chaos res? Is ele/chaos dificulty penalty applied to it (-60 on merc)?
9 - Matua Tupuna group aura works on it? (10% increased Effect of Auras on your Minions )
10 - Reaper's Pursuit culling strike works on it?

1 - Yes, he'll provide you with the auras
2 - No.
3 - Yes, but it will check the gems linked to him everytime you switch instances.
4 - Yes, but conduit doesn't work due to GGG's weird definition of a "party".
5 - Yes, but it has horrible hit accuracy.
6 - Yes and no. It was said somewhere by GGG that at 20 it is considered a level 68 Minion for HP purposes, items added to it will simply increase its base, which then get multiplied by AG itself + passives + minion gems + minion gear. It should check to see if said gear is equipped or not each time you zone into a new instance.
7 - No.
8 - First part is unknown by all but GGG. Elemental/Chaos resist penalties are not applied to any minions, only players.
9 - Yes.
10 - Yes.
Last edited by Moose65 on Feb 10, 2014, 10:59:05 PM
"
Moose65 wrote:

1 - Yes, he'll provide you with the auras
2 - No.
3 - Yes, but it will check the gems linked to him everytime you switch instances.
4 - Yes, but conduit doesn't work due to GGG's weird definition of a "party".
5 - Yes, but it has horrible hit accuracy.
6 - Yes and no. It was said somewhere by GGG that at 20 it is considered a level 68 Minion for HP purposes, items added to it will simply increase its base, which then get multiplied by AG itself + passives + minion gems + minion gear. It should check to see if said gear is equipped or not each time you zone into a new instance.
7 - No.
8 - First part is unknown by all but GGG. Elemental/Chaos resist penalties are not applied to any minions, only players.
9 - Yes.
10 - Yes.

tyvm, but what i meant on 3 was, if i use, for example, a helmet with 40 iir and a glove with 20iir on my AG will it have an extra 60iir when he kills something?
"
pelife123 wrote:

tyvm, but what i meant on 3 was, if i use, for example, a helmet with 40 iir and a glove with 20iir on my AG will it have an extra 60iir when he kills something?

Good question, thats what I would like to found out too.
IGN: Clovence
Nope. Minions can apply IIQ/R from the Supports, but otherwise use your IIQ/R.
If i use chober chaber sidebreth or something like that at the time i summon my guardian, he will get that bonuses,but if i relog or unequip this items,will he continue to have this bonuses? ty
IGN: Ariannahh
Alf's True summoner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1322360/page/1
Alf's Only SRS: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1454368
Hideout: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1428672
Last edited by kjksdajk on Feb 17, 2014, 3:17:54 PM
"
kjksdajk wrote:
If i use chober chaber sidebreth or something like that at the time i summon my guardian, he will get that bonuses,but if i relog or unequip this items,will he continue to have this bonuses? ty

Nope. If you wish to maintain the bonuses, you will have to wear the gear every time you zone into a new instance because he is "resummoned" each time you change instances, and will check your current gear. After you load into the instance you can feel free to take off your Chober Chaber, Sidhebreath, and Skullhead.

Hoping that this skill gets revisited in the upcoming mini patch. He has so much potential, but the perma death and different rules for PvP and PvE are really holding him back. Makes zero sense that he is utterly useless for high end PvE content but yet he gets a free pass in PvP. Really wish they'd apply it to PvE so we would see some use from him.

Simply make it to where if he dies he doesn't resurrect till you change instances when he is normally "resummoned". That way people can actually bring him to maps, instead of shelving him for anything that is remotely dangerous for fear of him dying with his silly AI and permadeath status for PvE. Hitting weapon swap to keep him alive is about as fun as hitting Alt + F4 in Hardcore.
Last edited by Moose65 on Feb 22, 2014, 5:14:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info