Cast when Damage Taken

Please reduce the damage it takes to proc the gem on higher levels or make it so it procs on % of your maximum hp+es.

Currently this is the only gem in the game which makes it worse the more you level it.
So what is the current behavior of this gem? i wanted to make a lightning templar with shocknova + Increased AoE, Shocknova, and shocknove + concentrated AoE all with CoDT but i have seen some comments that lead me to believe that more then one spell cant proc at a time.
I'm enjoying the change to CWDT, just needs a bit of thought on how to utilise it now. I'm using it on my lvl 69 ST Scion (Dbum's Nemesis build) and have levelled it to 8 (casts when 980 dmg taken = roughly 1/3 of my health pool) and that allows a lvl 45 requirement skill gem. With which, I'm using a lvl 9 enduring Cry (lvl 43 req), currently lvl 4 Devouring Totem (lvl 37 req & also great with an AoE heavy build) and finally a lvl 5 Immortal Call (lvl 35 req).

When I take 980 dmg I get short immunity and easily enough life on hit/leach to make up that health loss. And by the time I've taken the damage, I know there are plenty of corpses around for my devouring totem to top up my health & mana.

Once I get a bit higher health pool, I'll start levelling CWDT again to maintain the 1/3 of max HP.
Last edited by Malesu on Nov 19, 2013, 3:44:26 PM
"
Malesu wrote:
I [...] have levelled it to 8 (casts when 980 dmg taken = roughly 1/3 of my health pool) and that allows a lvl 45 requirement skill gem. With which, I'm using a lvl 9 enduring Cry (lvl 43 req), currently lvl 4 Devouring Totem (lvl 37 req & also great with an AoE heavy build) and finally a lvl 5 Immortal Call (lvl 35 req).

With a lvl1 CWDT you can cast aMolten shell lvl7, a totem lvl5 (reju or shockwave), 2 times 2 skeletons (lvl7), temporal chain or enfeeble (lvl5).

A lvl8 CWDT proc around 2 times less than a lvl1 on the paper (440 vs 980 dmge taken) but in the game it's another story.
A lvl1 just proc all the time...
Is it posible to link cast on damage taken with lets say 3 level 5 endurance cry gems and they all work for a ton of endurance charges?
"
apxeonTepukc wrote:
Is it posible to link cast on damage taken with lets say 3 level 5 endurance cry gems and they all work for a ton of endurance charges?

Enduring cry has a global 4 sec CD if I'm not wrong so it shouldn't work
Just noticed that CWDT is still proccing Devouring Totem, Enduring Cry and Immortal Call even when I haven't taken 980 dmg??? more like any damage???
Last edited by Malesu on Nov 20, 2013, 2:35:07 PM
I'm also running a enduring cry immortal call setup. However, sometimes it seems like I get less immunity than I should have. Definitely feels like less than .6 sec immunity (which is minimum).

Tested this by standing still in a pack of monsters and letting them wail on me. I only see the immunity for a fraction of a second(literately the .2 sec worth).

So my question is am I not getting any endurance charges or is this setup just bugging out.
My other thing I'm trying to figure out is, how does CWDT prioritise what it casts first, or is it all at once? Most times it will always cast Devouring Totem first, but then randomly casts either Enduring Cry next and Immortal Call last (Best option as IC needs the charges from EC), Or the other way around, which is pointless as no charges equals pointless IC.

As for the length of IC, I tend to either see 1 or 2 seconds on the icon.
"
Malesu wrote:
My other thing I'm trying to figure out is, how does CWDT prioritise what it casts first, or is it all at once? Most times it will always cast Devouring Totem first, but then randomly casts either Enduring Cry next and Immortal Call last (Best option as IC needs the charges from EC), Or the other way around, which is pointless as no charges equals pointless IC.

As for the length of IC, I tend to either see 1 or 2 seconds on the icon.

It prioritizes skills in order:
1-2
__|
4-3
|
5-6

for 6-L

However, sometimes (because of desync and cooldown of CWDT) is fails to execute last skills
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Nov 22, 2013, 5:09:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info