Cast on Melee Kill

"
Kittah_Khan wrote:
I fear that this trigger is not going to be used as is.
The reason ? It needs to be linked both with the skill you want to cast and your primary killing attack. Both of these skill gems will probably be needing lots of sockets, especially your primary skill( which you want to be dead killy ).

I suggest removing the constraint on needing to be bound to a specific attack skill and instead make it apply to all melee kills ( including melee-inflicted DoT/secondary effects ).

The same goes with the on crit trigger.
Tha use cases for this gem as is are sparse at best. The trigger condition, sockets and mana cost of triggering(if this applies, i am unable to play at the moment) alone are pretty big constraints already.

Conversely, on damage taken and on stun are going to see loads of use because they will likely trigger frequently and don't need to be linked to anything beyond the spell to cast.

No need to point out how little use on death is going to see( unless it somehow prevents the damage that would kill you ).

I could not put it better myself.

The perceived advantage of those trigger gems is that you have a bit less micromanagement than having to manually cast your utility skills at the expense of highly decreased damage on your primary skills.

I do not see much application of using up two sockets on your main skill to augment its power by casting a secondary skill that will probably be not be very powerful due to limited augments.

My suggestion for cast on melee kill is that it should apply to all melee skills even regular one without being linked to that skill like cast on damage taken currently work. The proc rate should of course be lowered.

Seems like everyone here is in consensus. Now that CODT was neutered... some of us have put totem+molten+melee kill in a three link.

Please hurry up and implement the necessary fix. :)

Because as it currently stands, no one is going to waste two precious sockets to activate an un-augmented skill.
IGN: Narbays
I feel that other gems are going to get nerfed to make this one look more viable. In the end, very few people will use any of those cast on xyz. Seems to be the practice of "balancing" so far.
"Path of Exile be a online Action RPG set up in tha dark fantasy ghetto of Wraeclast. Well shiiiit..."
- Uzicorn, for teh children.
This gem wouldnt even be op if this cast on melee would be global (meaning whenever you kill smth with any melee skill you cast skill) and now its just rubbish.
The change you suggest isn't OP, it's extremely OP :)

Thik about it: you'd have a melee skill with 4-5 support gems that about 80% of the time can cast another skill with 3-4 support gems without cast speed and mana cost.
"
cofranz wrote:
The change you suggest isn't OP, it's extremely OP :)

Thik about it: you'd have a melee skill with 4-5 support gems that about 80% of the time can cast another skill with 3-4 support gems without cast speed and mana cost.

It has chance to cast when you kill and you need to kill stuff already...Atm this skill is garbage at later lvls.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Nov 27, 2013, 5:59:12 PM
Cast on melee kill with global effect :D 2x CoMK + chain + 4x arc :D Not the optimal thing, but HA it would be nasty.
Does this works or do is have to put the gems together with my melee-Skill-Gem?

Nope, you have to link those gems to your Melee-skill.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
this is one of my favorite gems in the game. the amount of versatility it can add to a build is immense. I've used it on a templar with sweep, CoMK, lightning warp and ice nova. I've used it on a CI shadow with reave, CoMK, ethereal knives and discharge. Right now I've got a 2H Scion using frenzy with cast on kill lightning warp AND flicker strike with cast on kill discharge. I actually think it's one of the best things capable of being produced in this game, character build-wise. I'm quite proud of it. Everyone complaining about this support gem is absolutely, dead wrong.
Last edited by FatesDefiler on Dec 8, 2013, 2:32:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info