Cast on Melee Kill

sadly , my zombies and skellies can not cast stuff when they kill something with this, the link renders them uncastable

maybe -> cast on damage taken with zombie -> cast on melee kill -> spell

but that's way outside the realm of interesting.
Arbitrary placeholder decisions should never be embraced as final.
I'd like to see this gem and gems like it made to work without being linked to the triggering attack (Like the cast when damage taken and cast on death gems). However, I understand that the %chance to cast would have to be lowered significantly, and that's fine.
"
Damon_Tor wrote:
I'd like to see this gem and gems like it made to work without being linked to the triggering attack (Like the cast when damage taken and cast on death gems). However, I understand that the %chance to cast would have to be lowered significantly, and that's fine.

Ye i wanted that aswell, cast on kill without having to link it to att gem, make it like 25% or so, but that would make it atleast somehow usefull.
Never mind!
Last edited by f0kke on Nov 12, 2013, 2:13:24 PM
Cast on Melee Kill should just be Cast on Kill, working with any supported Attack, and changed to a green gem. Frankly, every good Cast on Kill opportunity for melee is already present in a more economical form; there is no reason to use Cast on Kill with Detonate Dead when you have Infernal Blow, and there is no reason to use Cast on Kill with Raise Spectre when you have Dominating Blow. Melee already gets those abilities for free, so give archers and wand-slingers a chance to use them, at a cost. Exploding Arrow + Cast on Kill + Detonate Dead actually sounds fun, doesn't it?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
With Cast on Crit still unchanged, I see no reason to keep Cast on Melee Kill around. It's got a higher trigger chance, but a much worse condition.
One can sacrifice two Support slots for some conditional damage after stuff is already dieing, or just kill them faster in the first place. The latter option is also notably less terrible against packs of five dudes.

I'm really curious to see some decent use out of this.
could someone try using this support with dominating blow + summon zombie/spectre? if my guess is right, only dom blow "works" otherwise a crash might happen or "oops two allies made at once"
When using Cast on Melee Kill with Dominating Blow + summon zombie/spectre, if Cast on Melee Kill procs, the zombie/spectre will be summoned in place of the Dominated minion. But if Cast on Melee Kill doesn't proc, then you just end up with the normal Dominated minion. It makes sense since you only have 1 corpse to work with. You can't summon 2 minions from 1 corpse.

But an interesting combo that I've found was Inferno Blow + Cast on Melee Kill + Summon Zombie/spectre. Who says you can't summon your zombie and explode the corpse too? Well you can with this combo!

Oh and if you 5link Inferno Blow+Cast on Melee Kill+Summon Zombie+Melee Splash+Melee Physical Damage, you get mass explosions->mass zombie minions who also do more physical damage+splash.

Now, it's time to go make a build with this >.>
"
EmAitch wrote:
When using Cast on Melee Kill with Dominating Blow + summon zombie/spectre, if Cast on Melee Kill procs, the zombie/spectre will be summoned in place of the Dominated minion. But if Cast on Melee Kill doesn't proc, then you just end up with the normal Dominated minion. It makes sense since you only have 1 corpse to work with. You can't summon 2 minions from 1 corpse.

But an interesting combo that I've found was Inferno Blow + Cast on Melee Kill + Summon Zombie/spectre. Who says you can't summon your zombie and explode the corpse too? Well you can with this combo!

Oh and if you 5link Inferno Blow+Cast on Melee Kill+Summon Zombie+Melee Splash+Melee Physical Damage, you get mass explosions->mass zombie minions who also do more physical damage+splash.

Now, it's time to go make a build with this >.>
melee splash causes minions' attacks to splash? for some reason I didn't think that would happen; I suppose because splash is associated with a skill and they don't use skills.

Anyway it still results in an extra slot being used compared to just the same thing without CoMK where you'd cast the zombies manually. I guess it could save time casting zombies, but is that worth a whole slot?

I'm finding it hard to find something for this gem to be good at.
Perhaps glacial hammer + multistrike (perhaps not necessary, but helpful)+ melee splash + CoMK + detonate dead. The key advantage is that you'd kill any monsters in the splash that get down to 1/3 health from the glacial hammer after the detonate dead goes off. This is a bit dependent on detonate dead would working with shatter though; the reason I suggest it is because he did mention that CoMK + IB allows a zombie to be raised without a corpse, so perhaps a detonate would work without one as well.
Of course another issue with it is that it deals both cold and fire damage,
Fresh cakes for all occasions.
Delivery in 30 eons or less
Call 1-800-DOMINUS
Remember - 'Dominus Delivers'
Last edited by Xapti on Nov 16, 2013, 6:44:14 PM
This is from a Facebreaker standpoint:

Using CoMK to summon seems like a real waste of slots since you could manually summon, but in practice it's superior since you don't have to worry about cast time/cast interruption. This is why Dominating Blow is so good for survivability because you get instant minions to take aggro off of you. Now why waste slots with IB+CoMK+Summon Zombie/Spectre/Skeleton when there's already Dominating Blow? Well, truth is having 20+ dominated minions is great, but Dominating Blow lacks the damage IB has and DB also has a massive mana cost. Usually you'd have to support Dominating Blow with blood magic(+life leech)/mana leech so you lose a damage slot(s). IB vs DB came down to Damage vs Survivability+mana cost. Now with CoMK thrown into the mix with IB, you get a middle ground. Still decent IB damage plus the survivability of minions. And you won't have to waste 3-4 more slots for zombies+support gems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info