Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Cast on Crit

I;m just curious ....

Spectral Throw can hit the same mob TWICE on one use of the skill.
- once - when the spectral weapon flies from the char
- second - when the spectral weapon comes back to the char

right ?

but if the Spectral Throw rolls a critical hit .... that means Spectral Throw will critical hit a mob TWICE !!! I'm talking about mobs that won'r run away and the spectral weapon will pass through it both times ....

does the Cast on Critical activate TWICE ?! or only one time ?!?!

Does anyone know this ?!
Long Live the Templars !!!!
It got a chance to proc twice yes.
However arc is not good idea becasue it doesn't synergise with ST. Can't benefit from LMP/GMP and can only chain while ST can't chain.
Also power of ST build is AoE big mob packs while arc is target limited.
"
Stt3r0 wrote:
However arc is not good idea becasue it doesn't synergise with ST. Can't benefit from LMP/GMP and can only chain while ST can't chain.

Maybe the best idea would be to use ST without LMP/GMP or Chain but rather one more instance of Arc gem. Then the synergy you're talking about wouldn't matter that much.
"
NorbTheOne wrote:
"
Stt3r0 wrote:

Maybe the best idea would be to use ST without LMP/GMP or Chain but rather one more instance of Arc gem. Then the synergy you're talking about wouldn't matter that much.

But that might be nerfed knowing ggg, you know having few instances of the same spell, even without the option to get support gems for those :(.
This gem is horrible.

-It needs an attack - spells are excluded, so you cant cast spells, that will trigger the other linked spells on crit.
-You need to A) Waste 2 gemslots B) Invest in crit - for this to trigger alot. Currently it triggers way too little
-Due to needing an attack and spell both, building around this gem is a skillpoint-eater. You need attack speed and/or crit AND spell damage / spellcrit to give the linked spell noticable damage
-Wont work with stuff like tempest shield, again, spell?

This game should EITHER be cast on hit not crit, OR the % chance to proc needs a serious buff. The skillgem also needs to work with other spells, not only attacks.
I don't like this gem, the trigger should be linked with global critical chances and not a single attack.
-
few observations:

- power siphon with cast on crit + arc and usual power siphon supports (chain, added lightning) is VERY effective because..

- power siphon with chain activates UP TO 3 TIMES! with high crit chance this is better than adding two typical supports. and a lot mana-cheaper.

- same is applied to Lightning Arrow+chain. try it with firestorm (easier to notice what is happening) with good crit and mobs densely packed one arrow can release like 5+ firestorms (hard to count really)

- because EK is 'spell' this means a lot of abuse with LA as they share some supports

My prediction is that this gem will get nerfed to one spell per skill activation next patch, thus making it completely worthless and on par with the Righteous Fire and Elemental Hit changes, as well as Curse on Hit and Cast on Kill gems.

So enjoy the fun while it lasts ;)
Last edited by azmodael on Nov 9, 2013, 10:54:41 AM
"
azmodael wrote:
My prediction is that this gem will get nerfed to one spell per skill activation next patch, thus making it completely worthless and on par with the Righteous Fire and Elemental Hit changes, as well as Curse on Hit and Cast on Kill gems.

So enjoy the fun while it lasts ;)

This will make it pretty poor gem and probably not usable anymore for end game heck even mid game since it already needs crits and then even if you crit it still has 68% chance to activate and extra link. Atm is pretty bursty and really strong in some combos but very shitty vs small groups or one monster and needs high placement of stats in different areas like spell damage/ att speed/spell crit/spell dmg and such which you cant get all of them. Plus using this gem gets you raped vs reflect and specially vs lightning thorns.
Last edited by NagiSoi on Nov 9, 2013, 2:12:46 PM
I disagree, this skill is still very good without the ability to cast multiple spells per crit, you just have to hyper specialize. This is actually a good thing because unlike cast on damage which is good basically on everybody, this only works if you revolve your entire passive tree plus gear around it, it gives the build an identity and flavor, as well as balance cost vs reward.

What would kill this gem however is if GGG add a cooldown timer on it. That would be an extremely retarded decision so I wouldn't think GGG will go that far, but with 1.01 RF I'm saddened to say I'm not 100% confident.
IGN Vermillionillusion
GMT-4, usually 8-12 pm

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info