Everything you need to know about Release (and Guilds)

"
"
Schlachtvieh wrote:
Das deutsche Klientel ist wohl eher eine Minderheit in PoE und allen internationalen Games.

^^Genau.

Es würde mich übrigens auch nicht überraschen, wenn es eines Tages Uebersetzungen in anderen Sprachen gibt. In der zwischenzeit, PoE ist eine geniale Gelegenheit gamers von anderen Ländern kennenzulernen, und eine Fremdsprache zu üben. Cheers!

deutschland hat nur knappe 7% anteil an steam. warum sollte man für so eine minderheit eine übersetzung einführen und am ende stellt die hälfte der deutschen sowieso auf englisch, weils besser klingt ;)

i wish good luck and lot of fun, everybody!
i hope my steam/ggg-ccc verification-mail will be reaching me next minutes... meanwhile, i'm waitin longer for this than the download of the game took... that sucks :D
Could someone kindly link me a dev post (if there is) with Steam info? (I tried searching but there over 15 pages o.O which seemed to be ppl asking the same questions!)

I have a Steam account but haven't signed in with it and am currently dl'ing. I hope I don't have to dl again to use Steam! [Ed Also I'd like to know what works out best for GGG, to play thru Steam or not]
I wonder if there will be cake?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2_NkyTv8E
Last edited by IcarusFell on Oct 23, 2013, 2:53:58 PM
"
IcarusFell wrote:
Could someone kindly link me a dev post (if there is) with Steam info? (I tried searching but there over 15 pages o.O which seemed to be ppl asking the same questions!)

I have a Steam account but haven't signed in with it and am currently dl'ing. I hope I don't have to dl again to use Steam! [Ed Also I'd like to know what works out best for GGG, to play thru Steam or not]

AFAIK, You'll need to "buy" it, aka add it to your game library, from Steam and then download through Steam.
"
ibugsy wrote:
"
IcarusFell wrote:

AFAIK, You'll need to "buy" it, aka add it to your game library, from Steam and then download through Steam.

I'd guess that as long as you move the already downloaded game folder to where steam expects the game to be (usually Steam\SteamApps\common) and then add the game to steam and click the "Install" button. Steam should then start by checking for any game files that are present and just update any files as required, without having to download the entire game data again.

This is how I backup all my steam games if formatting/changing hard drives.

Edit... Forgot to add, when doing this steam can, after checking existing files, say that it still needs to download the entire game files of X amount of GB, but it only downloads the files required as you will see the amount left to download suddenly shrink after the first few moments of downloading.

Quick example, had a 17.5gb game and steam said all 17.5gb to download... 2 mins later finished and ready to play. Would take 6-8 hours to get that much down on my speed if all 17.5 came down.
Last edited by Jaknet on Oct 23, 2013, 4:05:41 PM
Thx for replies! I will try moving it to where the other Steam games live and hope for the best :D
I wonder if there will be cake?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fz2_NkyTv8E
no closed beta/ open beta badges on profile page anymore?
Saving the world, one mob at a time.
"
Jaknet wrote:
"
ibugsy wrote:
"
IcarusFell wrote:

I'd guess that as long as you move the already downloaded game folder to where steam expects the game to be (usually Steam\SteamApps\common) and then add the game to steam and click the "Install" button. Steam should then start by checking for any game files that are present and just update any files as required, without having to download the entire game data again.

This is how I backup all my steam games if formatting/changing hard drives.

WTF?!...

First of all, PoE is Free To Play here and in Steam, you DO NOT NEED to BUY the game via Steam, yo download the Steam software (15mb), log in the Steam Software with your Steam Account, go the "Catalog" in the very front page of the Catalog you will find a big Path of Exile picture, click IT!, then click on "Play Now" this will DOWNLOAD THE GAME AND INSTALL but you just need to wait you dont need to do a thing wheen it finishes the download click on the Game in your "Library" and then "PLAY".

Yes the game will get downloaded again, but it will be a fresh client, and you will have all the good things of Steam, if you just copy the game it will not gonna work, or if it does, it might not work properly. The download is fast realy fast I live in Argentina and with a 5Mb conection it only take an hour and a half.

Regards!
Indestructible, determination that is incorruptible
From the other side, a terror to behold
Annihilation will be unavoidable, every broken enemy will know
That their opponent had to be invincible, take a last look around while you're alive
I'm an indestructible master of war
Haven't played since the early days of Open Beta back in January. Really hyped to check out all the new content and especially the Passive Skill Tree.

And also, good job GGG!
Loving the new release so far, this is a great game look forward to playing for a long time to come!
You have to tear them apart piece by piece, Do you hear me Isaac?!!!!
you changed most gem costs to 60%, please fix to a more reasonable amount like 50% maximum please.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info