Please explain "Mind over matter" mechanics...

This passive seems to work fine with Eldrich Battery and Acrobatics. In theory, at least.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
This passive seems to work fine with Eldrich Battery and Acrobatics. In theory, at least.
That sounds like fun.

Acro-EB-MoM combo because why bother getting real DR.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
Hi

This keystone is really fun when you have mana leech and mana regen. Decided to try it out with the full respec, between the full evasion gear ,ondars guile, acrobatics/phse, high block and resists my facebreaking duelist is more stable(less dam spikes) then ever before, also nabbed the mana on kill nodes for a quick 15 every death since melee splash helps kill things in multiples my character always has mana.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
I agree for high mana regen/Leech/On death build, this is a nice source of damage mitigation. Why it's so far down in the Duelist area though is beyond me as melee classes (besides templar) typically don't have a lot of mana. for my Scion build had to take a road trip way down there lol when using the skill planner.
"The path of a true warrior is not how strong you become to defeat others; but how strong you become to protect those who matter most."

Yhuma - melee Dagger Shadow

Wow good thing I read this before going CI + MoM keystone.
PM me here is best way to contact me.
"
Haku777 wrote:
If you have enough mana, do you receive 30% less damage from ALL sources? Because the descrioption says "when being hit", which can be misleading.

I need to know this. Does the 30% less damage work with (for example) chaos degen? And damage to yourself through your own skills like Blood Rage?
"
mavoop wrote:
"
Haku777 wrote:
If you have enough mana, do you receive 30% less damage from ALL sources? Because the descrioption says "when being hit", which can be misleading.

I need to know this. Does the 30% less damage work with (for example) chaos degen? And damage to yourself through your own skills like Blood Rage?

It will not mitigate either, to my understanding. Degeneration effects are not considered damage, and in the case of Blood Rage and other self-damaging effects they are not considered 'damage' that has been caused by an outside source so the only mitigators would be against the damage type (eg resistances.) In the case of Blood Rage specifically, I am uncertain whether it is a degeneration effect or self-damage, but in either case I do not think the keystone will absorb damage caused by it.

Of course, I may be wrong, and clarification yea or nay from a dev would be nice.

edit: On rereading the node it specifically says 'when hit', so chaos or other degen and self-inflicted effects are definitely not mitigated.
Last edited by UmbralForce on Oct 26, 2013, 5:27:30 AM
"
UmbralForce wrote:
"
mavoop wrote:
"
Haku777 wrote:

It will not mitigate either, to my understanding. Degeneration effects are not considered damage, and in the case of Blood Rage and other self-damaging effects they are not considered 'damage' that has been caused by an outside source so the only mitigators would be against the damage type (eg resistances.) In the case of Blood Rage specifically, I am uncertain whether it is a degeneration effect or self-damage, but in either case I do not think the keystone will absorb damage caused by it.

Of course, I may be wrong, and clarification yea or nay from a dev would be nice.

edit: On rereading the node it specifically says 'when hit', so chaos or other degen and self-inflicted effects are definitely not mitigated.

It's a shame. Now I know it's a node I would most likely never use. Thought it had much potential to work with post-patch RF, but it seems it wasn't to be ^^
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Unless they changed things, acrobatics removes ES before it can be converted to mana with EB.
"
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Unless they changed things, acrobatics removes ES before it can be converted to mana with EB.

Acro has been changed to 50% Less ES (and Armour) a good while ago.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info