1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

"
BlindSinner wrote:

if you have not obtained those unique legacy items by this time, it would be unlikely you would have ever obtain them. as said in another post these items are in the legacy leagues, which player who have spent time and effort to obtain these items. why should they be screwed because, of your lack of ability to obtain them.

Most asinine reasoning I've heard.
so a quick couple questions on the unique business.....it was stated that certain undisclosed uniques would only DROP in end game maps....could you please clarify the following:

1) what exactly are end game maps? do you mean any map opened from the eternal lab? or is it certain level maps?

2) if the high end uniques are only able to be obtained as drops from high end maps, can you still chance them? if not congratulations on finally making a lower value currency than the wisdom scroll scrap! only reason to chance a hugely disadvantageous rate is to get something awesome, soul taker, voltaxic, lioneye, shav, kaom's....you get the drift....now by the time soul taker is obtainable (assuming you can't chance) for example, it's already too late to build with it cuz you have to be a high end character to get it.

3) If they are chanceable, have the rates of chance been changed? they are less powerful and harder to get as drops, have they been made harder (or easier) to get from chancing?

4) is there a true reason other than being worried about community backlash from the stockpilers that you don't retronerf legacy items? i'm not complaining about them because i hope to (one day) be able to afford a now legacy soul taker, but i mean c'mon....release pvp and the most overpowered legacy stuff at the same time....as much as i hate to admit forum whiners are correct, on this one subject they might be. this could end badly.
"The new Ground Ice looks awesome." - Love the way you phrase this, haha.
Can't wait for the release!

Will be in! ;)

btw: plz even more whining postings...
What about monster golf? Hit it HARD - go find it - Hit it hard again :D
"
Prpnnightmare wrote:
And here we have it. 90 pages of testimonials about how bad this patch is, from 90 pages of people that haven't played with any of the changes.

Forums are the best. :)

On Topic: HELL YEAH GGG, IT'S RELEASE TIME! :D

While I understand not reading all 90 pages (I still haven't), generalizing all of it as bitching isn't going to make you any friends; especially because from what I've seen, only about 3/4 of it is bitching and the rest of it is people getting hyped out of their minds and/or people bitching about bitching.
Last edited by TherosPherae on Oct 22, 2013, 5:34:57 PM
Most of these changes are pretty fantastic, however:
Legacy items - DO NOT WANT

I'm glad Pillar of the Caged God is getting a buff, it needed it. Hopefully now it won't be a niche item requiring a heavily focused character build. Perhaps now it won't simply be considered Facebreaker's weak younger brother.
Last edited by MrAuntJemima on Oct 22, 2013, 5:51:38 PM
I'm actually looking forward to playing the the new version, despite all the rage about nerfs in this thread. I congratulate GGG for such hard work at developing this game.

Of course I'm concerned about some of the changes (My main char is a dual Spork Totem and the second char is BM ranger + auras), but I'll wait to see the new skill tree and the options we'll have to counter these issues. Probably some new, different builds will become available.

As for the uniques, of course I'd love to get a Kaom's Heart, a Shavronne's or a Thuderfist, even post-nerf, but according to this statement:
"
Some of the rarest Unique items can now only drop from end-game Maps.

I know I'll never se any of those drop. I can barely find a lvl 71 map, and when I do the best I find is a mere lvl 66 or 67 map whithin it (if any, and cr@p for loot from the mobs). So nothing will actually change in my gameplay regarding these particular changes (which is sad).

you guys dont want legacy items. but if they were nerfed or removed other type of ppl would complain. the ones with chars over lvl 50. :P
ign : ruffa_dualstorm
yeah agree the legacy items are unnecessary. they are only making the rich people insanly rich or overpowered ^^
i even got some of the items being nerfed. but wheres the point in creating kaoms hearts selling for 5 mirrors?^^
Last edited by Lagis on Oct 22, 2013, 5:41:28 PM
"
mvm199 wrote:
Auras now reserve 60% mana each

you probably get more chances to reduce mana reservation, as was posted before.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Purity now gives even less max res.

who cares, endgame just got more difficult. a wise decision as it should be a desirable goal, not normality for everyone.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Cant 2 or 3 link 4 socket items.

chris said this will be possible, only 6socket and 6 linked items are protected, imho.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Dual wield finally nerfed into oblivion

cleave isn't the only skill for dual wield.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Unique items that were OP are now nerfed, but legacy items STILL exist making hc / sc leagues rubbish dumpsters

although i don't like it either, the choice is to piss off all players who played the game hard to get one or please players like me who never got such a item.
"
mvm199 wrote:
The 'best' unique items can now only drop in the highest level maps

i find this decision questionable, the least as it favors one highlevel char / account if you are the average user with 3 hours a day.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Facebreaker nerfed

it was obviously necessary, probably to be able to introduce other uniques.
"
mvm199 wrote:
2 handers buffed ... exciting change, except kaoms is now nerfed

by increasing the damage of 2 handed it's now kill it beore you get killed. exciting.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Armor and spike damage

reflect got reduced. not much but it got reduced.
"
mvm199 wrote:
Tree messed up, path of scion all the way.

scion is available for you as well.
"
mvm199 wrote:
We dont care about solo play

they favor party play. not unusual for an online only arpg.
"
mvm199 wrote:
We dont care about the map drop rates

this and other changes can still be fixed in later patches as they're not really essential just right now. as you can level in (bigger) normal levels now, maps are more important for getting high level items and so not mandatory for everyone.

ignored the rest of your insults towards the developers.
this game is about having a choice: for you it's probably keep playing or leave. i would recommend you the latter.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info