1.0.0 Release Patch Notes

PVP tournaments in standard league are going to be so much fun! I cannot wait to watch the people with legacy items really duke it out!
Dublicious
Liking most of the changes... I'm probably gonna start a new char, just to experience it from the beginning with all the changes. Won't make a Scion though, not until I actually rescue her. :)
Even if you could reduce 60% to like 20%, no one would reserve life.
"
Boruko wrote:
"
Finnien wrote:
So players see the game on Steam, log in, and can never be competitive. Nobody who starts the game at official release can ever compete.

Compete with who? The people who have a year jump on them? They were never going to compete anyway. If anything, not doing a full wipe could be argued as an issue, but the existence of the legacy uniques doesn't change the situation the new players were already in.

Not true. Before, it's just a matter of getting the drops and putting in the time. Now, any drops they get are not as good as the ones that dropped before. It's a case of only having nerfed watered-down inferior items dropping post-patch. The items that drop post-patch are just worse than the ones old players have. It ruins a lot of the anticipation and item hunt fun.
alpha.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMB

for alpha profile
Meh, was honestly really hoping to see some crafting and trade changes. Something that made them both more viable for people who don't spend godly amounts of time on the game, specially solo players.

Aside from the Tree changes, some new abilities and the one new character, everything else not really so exciting.

Play new character till level 65 or so, at which point for solo casual players it becomes damn near impossible(IMO) to craft or trade for gear to get further without being forced into groups.

For the hardcore gamers though, it seems good. Though I wonder how much of the player base is actual hardcore gamers that countless hours every day grinding with groups to get anywhere.

Course this is just my opinion, but the game no longer is fun to play when you can't progress because it is so hard to trade and/or craft the gear needed.

Last edited by Th3jokerz on Oct 22, 2013, 9:20:24 PM
"
syphongreed wrote:
Meh, was honestly really hoping to see some crafting and trade changes. Something that made them both more viable for people who don't spend godly amounts of time on the game, specially solo players.

Aside from the Tree changes, some new abilities and the one new character, everything else not really so exciting.

Play new character till level 65 or so, at which point for solo casual players it becomes damn near impossible(IMO) to craft or trade for gear to get further without being forced into groups.

For the hardcore gamers though, it seems good. Though I wonder how much of the player base is actual hardcore gamers that countless hours every day grinding with groups to get anywhere.

Course this is just my opinion, but the game no longer is fun to play when you can't progress because it is so hard to trade and/or craft the gear needed.

+1 this
No Shav nerf?

"
Finnien wrote:
Not true. Before, it's just a matter of getting the drops and putting in the time. Now, any drops they get are not as good as the ones that dropped before. It's a case of only having nerfed watered-down inferior items dropping post-patch. The items that drop post-patch are just worse than the ones old players have. It ruins a lot of the anticipation and item hunt fun.

Let's consider something. Kaom's Heart is getting 50% less life, but gaining extra fire damage as a result...so while someone's "survivability" may drop, their DPS output is going to make up for that, especially if it was something along the lines of "adds 25% physical damage as fire damage".

You might very well see people with legacy Kaom's wishing that Divining it would give it the added fire damage instead of going LOL GIEB MIRRORS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info