How do you feel about resistance penalties?

"
taekvideo wrote:
I'd rather resistances functioned as a rating, like armor, so people could invest as much as they want to get better mitigation, as the current cap (even pushed up to 80 for mara) is just too low.

We don't need even more mitigation, elemental damage is already pathetic.

And they refuse to change it to a rating system. They seem happy with a percentage system, regardless of its quality.
"
Xendran wrote:
It was a failed experiment.
Elemental damage is still completely harmless with max resists, and it isn't all that difficult to obtain.

We should run some maps and see how you feel about this.

Max resist isnt all that difficult to get, I dont think it was meant to be.
Its meant to be a factor in the items you get instead of a non factor.

I dont think it failed at all. Before resistance wasnt even a factor because just by random rolls on gear you could easy max or near max it. Now you have to look for resist gear, and most importantly rings. Now you have to major choices on other things like skill points in the tree.
Right now I have +15 resist in my tree, and 2 other nodes that add +18 resists. I do this by choice due to map choices I run, and the gear I currently have.
I expect later, I will get gear with more resist and maybe not even need this resist in my passive tree. I tend to run with 90 to 120 resist for maps I like to do. (yes I know the cap is 75 base)

Saying that ele damage is harmless is a joke. You know that the #3 HC player just died because of ele damage right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info