Any crossover between Dark Souls fans and PoE fans?

Just wondering if there is any Dark Souls loving players that are also enjoying PoE. I realize its 2 different game genres, but in general PoE is a fairly hardcore, unforgiving of mistakes, and generally non hand holding game. All of which can easily describe Dark Souls as well.

And before you want to rush in and say DRK SOOLS 2 EZY. Just remember the type of console games available in this age and the kind of difficulty the game offers for first timers and those who impose challenges on themselves.
"
Just wondering if there is any Dark Souls loving players that are also enjoying PoE. I realize its 2 different game genres,

They are actually the same genre. it's a common mistake though.

Dark Souls= ARPG

Path of exile= Isometric ARPG

The point of view is irrelevant to the fact that they are both ARPG's.

Anyway, I found that the players in Dark Souls had a tendency to be the same players who played CoD, or any other game with a rather nasty playerbase. WoW comes to mind obviously. That said, I came from as far back as Demon's Souls. Where there were less glitches, community events hosted by publisher, and more enticing variety in gameplay. Umbasa master race thanks!
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
That's a interesting point of view, I've found the exact opposite is true about the Dark Souls community. It seems very helpful and friendly for the most part friendly. A bit strange, but perhaps you've had a bad experience.

I also wouldn't think that the CoD crowd would be the big into dark souls but I guess that stems from your previous experience.
I agree with you MR.swagman, DS community is nice and helpful, love the game and the community. Can't wait for the second one!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M9ONL6BcbU
When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Last edited by Xpire on Oct 21, 2013, 5:12:48 PM
DS fan reporting in, all hail to our Fair Lady.
I would so play Dark Souls if it didn't insist on GFWL.
I played through the game a few times on a few different builds, never got into the pvp community as much as I wanted to though.

Haven't played since before the expansion but I still find myself watching youtube videos of high level pvp in that game. High level in terms of skill that is, not SL.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
ionface wrote:
I would so play Dark Souls if it didn't insist on GFWL.

great news then the new one will be steamworks and the old will be moving to steamworks at some point since GFWL is shutting down.

as for the OP. I fucking love Dark Souls. The only thiung that will probably make me quit playing PoE for any substantial amount of time is Dark Souls 2. I cant fucking wait.
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
I played through the game a few times on a few different builds, never got into the pvp community as much as I wanted to though.

Haven't played since before the expansion but I still find myself watching youtube videos of high level pvp in that game. High level in terms of skill that is, not SL.

sooo lag stab...I mean back stab? Dark Souls 2 is actualy going making some changes to that becasue of how it was abused in PvP. Will be interesting to see how it works as I found PvP in Dark Souls really fun except for that bullshit.
"
derbefrier wrote:
and the old will be moving to steamworks at some point since GFWL is shutting down.

Ahh great news. I had heard about them abandoning the "service", but I didn't know they would patch it out of older games.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info