How we deal with young children in this forum

Due to recent events, I know many of you are upset and felt betrayed. However, you need to realize, that when dealing with children, you can't expect them to fully understand what they say and to keep their word. Furthermore, you are not their parents and therefore not in a real position to "educate" them when they do something wrong.

Let's take for instance a 12 year old, can you really expect that child to think from a longterm perspective? Can you really trust that 12 year old to take care of his 9 years younger sibling alone at home? Of course not, they get easily distracted, they let their emotions get the best of them. That child that seems so mature and "disciplined" is still just a child and you can't expect it to be able to play in the adult world; like when a burglar arrives.

You shouldn't expect the same from a child as you would from an adult. That's just common sense. They do not have nearly the same life experience nor developed brain functions.

In the forum, you may not directly see the age of another poster. And no, it isn't enough to simply look at how they write, because there are children who are able to write properly but they are still just children.

Sure it sucks when you donate items to someone you thought were a responsible adult who was promising something, but then it turns out to be a child and then that child doesn't keep his promise. However, a child is a child, and your anger should be directed to the parents.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
A 12 year old should be playing outdoors, not getting a fat ass playing video games.
wat
How about: adults shouldn't get so upset about virtual items in a game? ;-) :-D
"
wat

There have been threads in this forum and reddit about a case where people donated a lot of fusings to what they thought was a responsible adult who was giving them promises. Judging by the name of that forum poster, his lack of longterm thinking, his emotional phrases, it is extremely likely that it is a child.

I don't find it suitable for a lot of adults to do a witch hunt against someone that is most likely just a child and that's why I created this thread.
"
mazul wrote:
"
wat

There have been threads in this forum and reddit about a case where people donated a lot of fusings to what they thought was a responsible adult who was giving them promises. Judging by the name of that forum poster, his lack of longterm thinking, his emotional phrases, it is extremely likely that it is a child.

I don't find it suitable for a lot of adults to do a witch hunt against someone that is most likely just a child and that's why I created this thread.

I have a feeling ...[Removed by Admin]
oh noes - i have an abundance of gasoline and i have no idea what to do with it. oh wait, whats that twinkling in the distance? a fire! perfect!
"
mazul wrote:
Due to recent events, I know many of you are upset and felt betrayed. However, you need to realize, that when dealing with children, you can't expect them to fully understand what they say and to keep their word. Furthermore, you are not their parents and therefore not in a real position to "educate" them when they do something wrong.

Let's take for instance a 12 year old, can you really expect that child to think from a longterm perspective? Can you really trust that 12 year old to take care of his 9 years younger sibling alone at home? Of course not, they get easily distracted, they let their emotions get the best of them. That child that seems so mature and "disciplined" is still just a child and you can't expect it to be able to play in the adult world; like when a burglar arrives.

You shouldn't expect the same from a child as you would from an adult. That's just common sense. They do not have nearly the same life experience nor developed brain functions.

In the forum, you may not directly see the age of another poster. And no, it isn't enough to simply look at how they write, because there are children who are able to write properly but they are still just children.

Sure it sucks when you donate items to someone you thought were a responsible adult who was promising something, but then it turns out to be a child and then that child doesn't keep his promise. However, a child is a child, and your anger should be directed to the parents.

Did I miss something??? This game is 16years upwards. Children? HERE?

And why do you try to trivialize a scammer as helpless child ?!?!??
Last edited by Moonlight33 on Oct 19, 2013, 2:30:33 PM
"
Junkx wrote:
oh noes - i have an abundance of gasoline and i have no idea what to do with it. oh wait, whats that twinkling in the distance? a fire! perfect!

Like I said: it sucks, but you wouldn't really beat the crap out of a child who both isn't yours and put something on fire. The child either has a psychological issue or his parents failed hard to take their responsibilities: regardless, you simply do not beat the crap out of the child.
"
mazul wrote:
"
Junkx wrote:

Like I said: it sucks, but you wouldn't really beat the crap out of a child who both isn't yours and put something on fire. The child either has a psychological issue or his parents failed hard to take their responsibilities: regardless, you simply do not beat the crap out of the child.

what?
my post was simply stating you're fueling the fire buddy, you're not helping at all by continually bringing this issue up. I disagree hes a child and the mindset you're taking on it. Simple fact is there is this huge puffed up proud mob mentality to lynch this guy and its literally disgusting.
you're also equating to what happened to him being psychologically impaired and/or having failed parents, acknowledging yourself you feel what was done is wrong. you're literally insulting him in your own posts whilst claiming to defend him

its just so funny to me how hypocritical everybody is being on this issue only because they were involved.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info