Glacial Hammer + Avatar of Fire + Cold to Fire

"
DaveSW wrote:
Why are people arguing this when Facebreaker doesn't work with Glacial Hammer? Infernal Blow is the only way to go.

Not everyone wants to use Facebreakers.
"
HexenLord wrote:
I did these calcs based on 461 average physical damage (with a 2H weapon, after factoring in strength bonuses). Not going to link the build since its going to get changed with the new skill tree changes anyway. Like I said, all cold damage modifiers act as one large 'More' multiplier at the end of the conversions.

This is all based on the assumption that each damage type has all of its bonuses applied BEFORE being converted to the next damage type. None of these conversions factor in attack speed in any way.

Glacial Hammer Linked with Melee Physical Damage, Weapon Elemental Damage (Melee Splash, Multistrike, Fire Penetration do not count towards these factors).

Physical Damage

461 Base Damage.
268.4% increased physical damage from all passives (2H, Weapon Type, Melee Physical, etc).
-Equals 1698.324 Physical Damage.
Factor in 49% MORE bonus with Melee Physical Damage
--Equals 2530.5 Physical Damage.

50% of this is converted to fire.
50% of this is converted to cold.

Cold Damage
50% of original 2530.5 physical damage.

1265.25 Base Cold Damage
81% Increased Cold Damage from Passives (combo of +% Elemental Damage and +% Cold Damage)
-Equals 2290.1025 Cold Damage.
Factor in 80% More bonus with Weapon Elemental Damage
--Equals 4122.1845 Cold Damage.

100% of this is converted to fire.

Fire Damage
1265.25 Physical Damage was converted straight to fire.
4122.1845 Cold Damage was converted to fire.

5387.4 Base Fire Damage
153% Increased Fire Damage from Passives (combo of +% Elemental Damage and +% Fire Damage)
-Equals 13630.122 Fire Damage.
--Equals 24534 Fire Damage.

NONE OF THIS IS FACTORING IN ATTACK SPEED, THIS IS SIMPLY PER HIT DAMAGE.

Do the same conversion with Infernal Blow, and you eliminate the Cold part.

The full 2530.5 gets converted straight to fire, where the fire damage nodes and WED support apply.

So...

2530.5 Base Fire Damage
153% Increased Fire Damage from Passives (combo of +% Elemental Damage and +% Fire Damage)
-Equals 6402.165 Fire Damage.
--Equals 11523.9 Fire Damage.

In this case, Glacial Hammer will do more than double the per hit damage of Infernal Blow.

wow... dude, i mean you increased the cold damage twice with the WED gem, and then at IB you didnt even use the points you would use to get the cold damage on anything useful.. also links, gems, this isnt a proper calculation of dps man..all conversions are done before elemental increases..

2530 phys damage, 1265 fire

1265 cold then apply cold to fire and aof, increased by cold damage its 2290,

3555 fire damage increased by 153% is 8994 then this is icnreased by weapon elemental damage to 16.189 damage. with glacial and aof..

IB is almost that damage without counting in the nodes you use to get cold damage and the DPS link...you do now realize it would be more if you used those points in lets say more physical damage and if you used a gem like added fire damage instead of CTF or something for the IB side... this is a very biased calculation isnt it?

I suggest going IB, seriously, you get more damage and a lot more AoE..

Its even debatable to go IB/GH/LS + AOF anyway, i got 30k+ dps with a build im doing for release without using AoF, i think it is better because you will do more damage this way with some builds, when you convert all of your damage to elemental then you have to use a life leech gem and unless you are BM or EB you will have to use mana leech. These are 2 dps links you can just skip past if you do half phys and half fire damage, with physical damage you can just leech off gear and passives.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 17, 2013, 9:27:47 PM
Ah, I did include WED in the cold damage, didn't catch that before.

That brings GH to somewhere around 16190 damage and IB to 11523.

This is with both of them having Melee Physical and WED. The biggest downside to use Glacial Hammer is the last support gem. With IB you can have multistrike, melee splash, and fire pen. With Glacial Hammer you have to give up one of these for Cold to Fire.

Glacial Hammer will still come out on top damage wise, but not if you count the explosions from IB linked with Melee Splash.

I guess maybe Glacial Hammer isn't the best idea after-all. Back to the drawing board?
all conversions are done BEFORE applying elemental increases
IGN: Feels
"
analdischarge wrote:

Are you sure about this? Is it just physical damage that scales fully before being converted? I noticed that physical damage gets all of its modifiers before being converted to other elements. Ive never actually had it confirmed that elements get converted before modifiers apply.
"
HexenLord wrote:
"
analdischarge wrote:

Are you sure about this? Is it just physical damage that scales fully before being converted? I noticed that physical damage gets all of its modifiers before being converted to other elements. Ive never actually had it confirmed that elements get converted before modifiers apply.
only cold specific passives will apply in that part of the calculation (before it is converted to fire). WED will only ever be applied after all conversions and increases.
IGN: Feels
double post
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 17, 2013, 9:33:10 PM
"
analdischarge wrote:
"
HexenLord wrote:
"
analdischarge wrote:

only cold specific passives will apply in that part of the calculation (before it is converted to fire). WED will only ever be applied after all conversions and increases.

This is from the Wiki:

"
Interaction with other modifiers

Converted damage is affected by modifiers that apply to be both the original damage type it was converted from, and the new damage type that is was converted to. For example Fire Damage that is added by the Added Fire Damage gem will be affected by both increased Physical Damage modifiers and increased Fire Damage modifiers.

Also, converted damage can itself be converted. For example:
A player is wielding a weapon that deals 100 Physical Damage,
the player is affected by a level 11 Hatred aura which has the modifier 20% of Physical Damage Added as Cold Damage,
the player is using an attack supported by a level 1 Cold to Fire support gem, with the modifier 40% of Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage
In this example 20% of the Physical Damage is added as Cold damage, and 40% of that Cold damage is converted to Fire. The resulting damage is therefore 100 Physical Damage, 12 Cold Damage, and 8 Fire Damage.

The Physical Damage was not the result of a conversion, and so is only affected by modifiers that affect Physical Damage, as normal

The Cold Damage will be affected by any mods that affect either Physical Damage or Cold Damage

The Fire Damage will be affected by any mods that affect Physical, Cold or Fire Damage
Last edited by HexenLord on Oct 17, 2013, 9:32:29 PM
"
HexenLord wrote:
"
analdischarge wrote:

Yes, thats why your calculations are mostly off, you assumed the damage gets increased BEFORE conversions by other gems and stuff, like using weapon elemental damage twice.

"
HexenLord wrote:

This is with both of them having Melee Physical and WED. The biggest downside to use Glacial Hammer is the last support gem. With IB you can have multistrike, melee splash, and fire pen. With Glacial Hammer you have to give up one of these for Cold to Fire.

Glacial Hammer will still come out on top damage wise, but not if you count the explosions from IB linked with Melee Splash.

I guess maybe Glacial Hammer isn't the best idea after-all. Back to the drawing board?

yeah, and GH is at 16.190 with extra nodes in cold damage, and an extra link where IB hasnt ahd any icnreases with the points you would have used to get the cold damage, and of course it has a free link since it doesnt have CTF.

By just using added fire damage with IB instead of the CTF, we get 16.015 damage, now with the points you didnt use on the IB calculation that you sued for cold damage i assure you it would be more dps.

And again, i find it more effective to not grab AoF at all with these melee gems since you dont have to use BM/EB and/or sacrifice links for leech gems when you are also doing physical damage.
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 17, 2013, 9:36:58 PM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
"
HexenLord wrote:
"
analdischarge wrote:

Yes, thats why your calculations are mostly off, you assumed the damage gets increased BEFORE conversions...

"
HexenLord wrote:

yeah, and GH is at 16.190 with extra nodes in cold damage, and an extra link where IB hasnt ahd any icnreases with the points you would have used to get the cold damage, and of course it has a free link since it doesnt have CTF.

By just using added fire damage with IB instead of the CTF, we get 16.015 damage, now with the points you didnt use on the IB calculation that you sued for cold damage i assure you it would be more dps.

There are no cold specific nodes taken in my build. The 81% Comes from 40% Increased Elemental Damage with Weapons and 41% Increased Elemental Damage. IB wouldn't get a buff by spending the points elsewhere, all reachable fire damage nodes were taken anyway.

And by adding Added Fire Damage to IB, you have to give up either Multistrike, Melee Splash, or Fire Penetration. Giving up Fire Penetration is a no-go in an AoF build, and giving up Melee Splash is a no-go in an IB build. Are you sure Added Fire Damage is worth giving up Multistrike?
Last edited by HexenLord on Oct 17, 2013, 9:36:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info