Your Crafting Resource Guide

"
Invalesco wrote:
"
Afghani84 wrote:
hey,

I really like the guide. but i don't really understand how prefix and suffix work every time. for example, I have this 2h:

The ilevel is 13, so for the lightning dmg it should be somewhere between 1 and 14-15 (Buzzing). Even if I add the Humming category, I don't get over 20 max dmg. So my question is: why is the lightning dmg so high on this one?

good question. No idea. that lightning damage mod can't be from the snapping category coz if it were the case, the required level on your driftwood maul would be 17 not 10. Plus the maximum roll on the snapping category is +23 anyway.

only reason I can think of is that the lightning damage prefixes on the website aren't accurate. Either that or there's a bug with the crafting system. Gonna need a dev response.

Buzzing 13
Local Minimum Added Lightning Damage 1 to 2
Local Maximum Added Lightning Damage 23 to 25

Note that on the prefix table you are looking for Weapon-only Elemental Damage.
oh damn, looked at the wrong table. cheers neon
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
thanks guys,

i was looking at the wrong table as well then :)
actually...is the "weapon-only" category really just for weapons or does it include shields?

I'm talking about the +spell damage mod (ilevel 16) and the normal Spell Damage category just goes up to 7 (Chanter's mod). the only thing that would work is "weapon-only spell damage".

if that's the case, I find it to be very confusing since I don't usually consider a shield as a weapon (unless i use shield charge)
Last edited by Afghani84 on Apr 19, 2013, 1:01:40 AM
Hi, i have a question regarding chromatic orbs. I know how they work and how it becomes unlikely to get green sockets for example on a ES item.

Hi, i have a question regarding chromatic orbs. I know how they work and how it becomes unlikely to get green sockets for example on a ES item.

My questions are:[asking about a helm/glove/boots with 4sockets]

1st case:
PURE ES item, 1 green 3 red, or 2green 2 red.

2nd case:
PURE ER item, 1 green 3red.

3rd case:
hyrbid item, AR/ES, 1green 3red or 2green 2red.

4th case:
PURE ES item, 1blue 2green 1red

As far as i know the 3rd case is possbile, correct me if i'm wrong.
However i'm unsure about the other 3, if they are, how many chromatics am i possibly expecting to burn? thanks.
Last edited by zheavy on Apr 19, 2013, 7:45:29 PM
"
zheavy wrote:

My questions are:[asking about a helm/glove/boots with 4sockets]

1st case:
PURE ES item, 1 green 3 red, or 2green 2 red.

2nd case:
PURE ER item, 1 green 3red.

3rd case:
hyrbid item, AR/ES, 1green 3red or 2green 2red.

4th case:
PURE ES item, 1blue 2green 1red

As far as i know the 3rd case is possbile, correct me if i'm wrong.
However i'm unsure about the other 3, if they are, how many chromatics am i possibly expecting to burn? thanks.

all of them are possible but (as you already said) the chance of getting 1 green and 3 red on an ES piece are very slim. I haven't seen any actual numbers on how many chroms you have to estimate for certain combinations. But the more sockets you need that are different from the common color (e.g. blue for ES), the more chroms you have to use to get it (on average).

anyone able to answer my question? (2 posts above)
Alright so i read 20 pages trying to find this info and it's getting late so i'll just ask!

Any update on overlapping mods such as %Increased Physical Damage and %Increased Physical Damage / + Accuracy Rating ?

I came to the conclusions that it's impossible to tell whether some items rolled 1 of the 2 prefixes or both prefixes. In some cases it's possible to tell (Low/High Values, 7+ Stats on item, 2 Extra identifiable Prefixes, etc) but in a lot of cases we just can't.

My Suggestion is as follows :

List all the mods individually in the MouseOver/Ctrl + C Feature, here's a couple examples.

How it is now (Here we can tell that this item rolled the %Increased Physical Damage / + Accuracy Rating mod because there is 7 stats on the item) :

Spoiler
Itemlevel: 64
--------
18% increased Accuracy Rating
--------
60% increased Physical Damage
+24 to Strength
Adds 25-45 Fire Damage
Adds 25-39 Cold Damage
+2 Life gained when you Kill an enemy
+29% to Fire Resistance
+82 to Accuracy Rating

How it would look like with my suggestion :

Spoiler
--------
--------
60% increased Physical Damage / +82 to Accuracy Rating
+24 to Strength
Adds 25-45 Fire Damage
Adds 25-39 Cold Damage
+29% to Fire Resistance

Now let's replace the Fire Dmg mod with %IPD prefix, would look like :

Spoiler
--------
--------
#% increased Physical Damage
60% increased Physical Damage / +82 to Accuracy Rating
+24 to Strength
Adds 25-39 Cold Damage
+29% to Fire Resistance

If you really want to push it further :) :

Spoiler
--------
--------
#% increased Physical Damage (Bloodthirsty)
60% increased Physical Damage / +82 to Accuracy Rating (Champion's)
+24 to Strength (of the Lion)
Adds 25-39 Cold Damage (Frozen)
+2 Life gained when you Kill an enemy (of Success)
+29% to Fire Resistance (of the Kiln)

Any chance we're going to see something like this added in the near future?
min maxing Vortex Occultist two leagues in a row. What next?
"
shackwove wrote:
Any update on overlapping mods

No.
That's because ggg is sticking to their very questionable and lame "tension" philosophy and they want you to suffer in almost every aspect of the game, including this.
A /itemstat or /itemmod chat command was suggested more than a year ago and would be very easy to implement ... but then it would be very easy for you as a player and you won't suffer, eh?
"
It might be a good idea to use 1 fusing orb on a 6S (white) item you find, because MIGHT get a 5L/6L, and even if you don't, you can sell the 6S to a vendor for 7 jewellers, which is still a net profit of 3 jewellers.

I think it is a very bad idea !
Instead of wasting a fusing, just sell those for 7 jewellers. Later if you find a very good 6 socket or a high ilevel 6 socket item that you plan to use THEN waste your fusings on it. No need to throw fusings on items you don't want to use or bad items.
See it like this, there are different lotteries with the same chance to win the big prize and one thicket cost the same for all lotteries. Would you rather play the lottery with 100$ as the big prize or the one with 10000$ ?
EDIT I was wrong =)
Last edited by SoggyShorts on Apr 23, 2013, 3:12:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info