Is Lighting strike still viable?

Just got back into the game and want to make a new char ( all my other chars died in HC)
Is LS s a viable build? I want a build with great survability but also good dps ( so i can solo end game maps and bosses)

Any suggestions/ tips will be much appreciated

Ty
anyone?
"
Camaron wrote:
anyone?

Yeah. Go 2handed sword.

Run Lightning Strike (20%) + Multistrike + Life Leech + WED + Faster Attacks + Elemental Proliferation / or / Blood Magic

Get a Kaom's heart, along with a high physical damage fast attack speed 2h sword (usually Reaver, or Tiger.)

For passives, get Static Blows, Iron Grip, Blood Magic (if not taking gem), Resolute technique, along with all the 2h weapon/sword physical damage nodes you can get.
Mess with the best, die like the rest.

So its only viable for 2 hander? Because i only play HC so would rather use shield
Or would i be gimping myself by goin LS?
"
Camaron wrote:

So its only viable for 2 hander? Because i only play HC so would rather use shield
Or would i be gimping myself by goin LS?

In the endgame, you actually will be more tanky with a 2hander, simply because your health pool will be 2-4k more with kaom's heart - and you cannot get a 6 linked LS without a 2hander.

Leveling wise, sword and board would be ideal.
Hy!

I think u can get 6k life without kaoms too, so u can use 6l with shield too, and i think 4k life with block (+spell block) >>> 6k life without it.
but u can go with kaom, shield and 4l too, like i do with my cycloner, which works great.
Its all about balance, if u have kaom ---> u need less life nodes, u can take more demage/ defensive nodes. If u dont have kaoms, u must take more life nodes, but dont really need to spend points on dps, couse u can use 6l chest ( with much better defensive stats than kaom)

Compare demage one hand/two handed build, about the same if u compare a top ( or avarge) 2h weapon to a top (avarge) 1h weapon. Its not a big distance u see.
And than compare what happens with shield and without it :D
Shield win in this game anyway.

IGN : FlatBuffalo
Last edited by laposbivaly on Oct 10, 2013, 10:59:52 AM

Ty for the answers

About the gem to use is LS ok? or cyclone or any other gem bbetter for dealing damage?
"
laposbivaly wrote:
Hy!

I think u can get 6k life without kaoms too, so u can use 6l with shield too, and i think 4k life with block (+spell block) >>> 6k life without it.
but u can go with kaom, shield and 4l too, like i do with my cycloner, which works great.
Its all about balance, if u have kaom ---> u need less life nodes, u can take more demage/ defensive nodes. If u dont have kaoms, u must take more life nodes, but dont really need to spend points on dps, couse u can use 6l chest ( with much better defensive stats than kaom)

Compare demage one hand/two handed build, about the same if u compare a top ( or avarge) 2h weapon to a top (avarge) 1h weapon. Its not a big distance u see.

Shields only win with spellblock, and if you can stack a good amount of it. Otherwise, it's still path of life nodes (unless you're CI..) Just look at the highest level HC characters. There either CI, with little to no block, or bow life builds. Not stacked block/shield builds.
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
laposbivaly wrote:
Hy!

Shields only win with spellblock, and if you can stack a good amount of it. Otherwise, it's still path of life nodes (unless you're CI..) Just look at the highest level HC characters. There either CI, with little to no block, or bow life builds. Not stacked block/shield builds.

How/wherte can i check the top HC chars and their build/gear?

Ty
"
Edzilla wrote:
"
laposbivaly wrote:
Hy!

True, but they are mainly glass cannon. high dps/ instant life steal, and ofc noone use 2h weapon too.
And he want to do a marauder, which is noth the best class for a ci/crit char..
And ye i forgot it, but when i said go for shield, i thought get good block/ spell block with it ofc :)
IGN : FlatBuffalo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info