Official Path of Exile Release Trailer

I enjoyed the video and got me excited for the future content to PoE. However, that's a little bit of the problem here. I am already a customer of yours and to me the video was more a game update trailer rather than a release trailer.

If I was to show someone that video that was new to the game, they would still ask me what the game was about and what did it all mean.

Not trying to be negative at all here, I liked the video, I just don't think it would work well in trying to lure new business.
Wow, Damien, fkn awesome communication, dude.
Casually casual.

"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Damien_GGG wrote:
Sorry for those who weren't happy with the trailer.

I did, in fact, put more effort into it than the Open Beta trailer, as did the rest of our team, and had equally as little sleep out of the whole thing...

...We're putting as much effort into the new gameplay trailer as we ever have into anything so I hope you'll find something of interest in it!...

Although I do feel the same about the trailer as the other people criticising it, I want to be clear about one thing (and I guess all the others are thinking the same):
We never questioned Your effort. Never. We all know how much work this all needs.
All we want is for the game to be the best it can be, and to have the best possible showcase to attract as many people as possible, and I always thought You might have been carried away with the new character and stuff so that You lost focus a bit.

It was honestly never about effort or workload.

Exactly my thoughts. Keep up the good work GGG.
"
Damien_GGG wrote:

I did, in fact, put more effort into it than the Open Beta trailer, as did the rest of our team

I am sorry that we gave you negative feedback on the trailer, as i was among the first who voiced their concerns. The problem is not that it is a particularly bad video, the problem is that i was hoping for what to me is the best action RPG since diablo 2 to get more publicity at this big occasion.

I really love the clips of the areas and I see how those can attract more people than the hardcore gamer who enjoys making builds and getting into the mechanics of the game. The problems i have are related to the fact that the game is not made to be zoomed in that far and it makes character models and textures seem low quality (an example is the pan over the campfire around half a minute in, that had bad textures).

Animations like red limbs and loot spawning out of thin air on killing blow are just not made to be looked at in slowmotion and up close either, so why start the video by showing something you normaly hide with particle effects? I showed it to my friend in order to get him to play open beta and the dagger appearing when the zombie is hit didnt help convince him.

You have a really good looking game with tonns and tonns of great features. Dont hide it.

Also, I personaly dont have a problem with you focusing on one class as most of what is said applies to all of them.

TL;DR:
Most clips look really great but some clips and animations are just odd. Sorry for the exessive amounts of criticism, but the problem here is really that the game is so good that we want a incredibly good video to represent it.
I agree with alot of others
Open Beta trailer got me pumped and this one fell a little flat.
I didn't get excited by the new trailer.

Edit:rewatched

Actually it's only minus is a few of them closeup slow motion parts. Bit too many of them
Everything else is good like the music and voice over buildup. It flows nicely throughout with the ever growing corpse piles.

Maybe if it ended with dominus looking at you in utter darkness and barely visible with the odd bit of lightning going off and jsut breathing or calling us weak or something endboss related :D . Oh I don't know

I can't wait for release and new league either way :)
Last edited by TheVileOne on Oct 6, 2013, 12:57:59 PM
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Damien_GGG wrote:

I did, in fact, put more effort into it than the Open Beta trailer, as did the rest of our team, and had equally as little sleep out of the whole thing...

...We're putting as much effort into the new gameplay trailer as we ever have into anything so I hope you'll find something of interest in it!...

Although I do feel the same about the trailer as the other people criticising it, I want to be clear about one thing (and I guess all the others are thinking the same):
We never questioned Your effort. Never. We all know how much work this all needs.
All we want is for the game to be the best it can be, and to have the best possible showcase to attract as many people as possible, and I always thought You might have been carried away with the new character and stuff so that You lost focus a bit.

It was honestly never about effort or workload.

Well said. Nothing else is need to be said after this. Big thanks to Damien too for replying.
I hope you all now, besides all the critics, we all have the same goal as you: making this game the best ARPG out there, played by the most people.

P.S.:

It seems there is a fan idea inspired discusson on the gameplay trailer, with regular GGG responses. I'm very excited.
IGN: Afra

Check out the Golden Skeleton Tradehouse!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519557
As many have said before me, I also highly recommend expanding on the open beta trailer or using it as a template. It is in the games best interest to attract new players.

On a positive note, I am really excited about the 23rd and can't wait to get into the new Nemesis League. I actually plan on completing some achievements this time now that I finished college and have a stable job. :D
This trailer makes PoE look like action advanture with ugly graphic and its not. Why is it so zoomed in? Nobody plays like that.
@Chris I am starting to love every single Pixel in POE. Keep this amazing roller coaster going.
GGG thank you for all the great things you are doing. You have combined every element of all other great Rpg's and joined them together as one Diamond, that will shine Forever.

This is coming straight from the heart <3
I honestly couldn't give 2 shits about the quality of a trailer for a game I already love.. I am simply excited for the news this trailer brings, and would be if it was just slow zoomed text too! Kinda disappointing to see avid "supporters" talking so much shit on the trailer.. Naggers.

As for my opinion, I love this damn game and can't wait for the release! Thanks GGG :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info