Official Path of Exile Release Trailer

"
Destruktor wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to respond to us Damien, and we certainly appreciate the hard work you put into the trailer, we just want to make sure that we provide the necessary feedback to bring more players into the fold and make PoE as successful as it can be! \m/ \m/

Thanks Destruktor, I appreciate it - and everyone else : ). I just figure that if I'm going to ask to keep presenting PoE on video then I'd better be able to stand up to the community here and explain anything I've done with y/our game!

Ultimately, all the creative decisions are handled by Erik Olofsson, the Art Director and co-founder, with input where needed from the other founders, Jonathan and Chris - I'm lucky they give me some latitude but Erik has a very clear vision, and imo uniquely cultural mix of his (Swedish / European) and ours (New Zealand / Maori), that keeps things nicely cohesive and gives me some clear lines to work within as an editor and contributor to the creative decisions and direction.

I wouldn't be able to improve and learn the dynamics of being a responsible part of a community project (which is what PoE is since it got into the hands of players) if you guys weren't straight up about what's not working so cheers for the honest feedback - it only leaves me weeping in a foetal puddle when it gets particularly intense and I haven't had my meds.

Cheers : ).
"
PoERickety wrote:
Excellent news!!

OK, just watched trailer. Just wondering who the girl is as this is a character Ive never seen before? Is this a new one, a female model of an already existing male character?

It's a new class, starts in the middle of the passive tree.
In a vacuum, before hearing anyone else's reactions/criticisms, i really enjoyed the trailer and had no complaints. Loved the macabre parts and matching music.

After seeing some of the criticism, i do agree it kind of feels more like a 'Scion trailer'. Being immersed in PoE, like the devs i probably have an insulated view. Hard for me to say how outsiders would experience this trailer, and whether i should introduce people to the game with it or not.
Necropolis: 96
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
"
Septile wrote:
"
PoERickety wrote:
Excellent news!!

OK, just watched trailer. Just wondering who the girl is as this is a character Ive never seen before? Is this a new one, a female model of an already existing male character?

It's a new class, starts in the middle of the passive tree.
I seriously did not see that coming, if I ever mentioned a 7th class starting at the middle I did it sarcastically because I never thought it would happen. Still in shock, I dont think its a bad thing, but it certainly surprised me.

Not sure I voiced this opinion yet, so here goes: Does this mean that and build that wants to go through the centre of the tree has to be a scion? If this is true, I think it would mean there are going to be a lot of scions compared to any other class.

(Because I have quite a few builds where I pass the centre, they may or may not work anymore if I can not cross the centre of the tree, unless I went Scion)
Thumbs Up for Damien's responses :) GGG team is an awesome team.
Last edited by Esev on Oct 6, 2013, 1:58:06 AM
okay the trailer probably should have been called scion trailer instead of release trailer.... but guess that does not matter anymore since Damien has been so kind as to respond to the criticism of the community. Def looking forward to new trailer. this one was alright but unfortunately named wrong :/
www.twitch.tv/knowfear823

IGN: knowfear
At First I have to say how great it always is to see these Reactions from GG (here Damien), as they are really listening and do get the Point the constructive People here want to get to them.

Personally - as I said before - I like the Trailer & did hope that it will not be the only Release-Trailer, because exactly that would be the Critic in Terms of a Lack of Gameplay, Skilltree, ... and in Comparison with the great OB-Trailer.

In the End we got a great new Trailer for our beloved Game ... and now now there will be more of that going more into Depth, just great :)

All the best, Guys!
Keep calm, play PoE, drink Tea & listen to Prog!

Exiled.eu ... deutsche PoE-Community mit News, TS3, Guides & vielen netten Leuten :)
"
Damien_GGG wrote:
Sorry for those who weren't happy with the trailer.

I did, in fact, put more effort into it than the Open Beta trailer, as did the rest of our team, and had equally as little sleep out of the whole thing...

...We're putting as much effort into the new gameplay trailer as we ever have into anything so I hope you'll find something of interest in it!...

Although I do feel the same about the trailer as the other people criticising it, I want to be clear about one thing (and I guess all the others are thinking the same):
We never questioned Your effort. Never. We all know how much work this all needs.
All we want is for the game to be the best it can be, and to have the best possible showcase to attract as many people as possible, and I always thought You might have been carried away with the new character and stuff so that You lost focus a bit.

It was honestly never about effort or workload.
I love you guys.
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
Damien_GGG wrote:
Sorry for those who weren't happy with the trailer.

I did, in fact, put more effort into it than the Open Beta trailer, as did the rest of our team, and had equally as little sleep out of the whole thing...

...We're putting as much effort into the new gameplay trailer as we ever have into anything so I hope you'll find something of interest in it!...

Although I do feel the same about the trailer as the other people criticising it, I want to be clear about one thing (and I guess all the others are thinking the same):
We never questioned Your effort. Never. We all know how much work this all needs.
All we want is for the game to be the best it can be, and to have the best possible showcase to attract as many people as possible, and I always thought You might have been carried away with the new character and stuff so that You lost focus a bit.

It was honestly never about effort or workload.

This :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info