[1.2] Rathik's EK build +40k DPS/52.3%Crit/+375% Multiplier. Anti-Reflect. "The Immortal Shuriken"

"
Rathik2 wrote:

The problem with high damage though is reflect. And since most casters out there go CI and EK does mostly physical damage, reflect is a big issue since its hard to stack armour on a CI build.
This setup uses life and armour to counter reflect and it does it pretty well.

I don't understand why its hard to stack armour on a CI compared to life build?
I don't see any armour nodes on either life and CI witch area so where do u get your armour from that CI doesn't? (besides items ofcourse, cuz CI can get armour from items as well).

I must be missing something, Please advise as im really torn between life/CI EK witch.

Another thing- care to explain please how do u compensate on not utilizing great uniques such as Rainbowstride & Maligaro's virtuosity? (spell block & extra crit mods, shortly more dps)

Thanks in advance for a fast reply and for the very comprehensive guide!
"
MrH4T wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

The problem with high damage though is reflect. And since most casters out there go CI and EK does mostly physical damage, reflect is a big issue since its hard to stack armour on a CI build.

I don't see any armour nodes on either life and CI witch area so where do u get your armour from that CI doesn't? (besides items ofcourse, cuz CI can get armour from items as well).

I must be missing something, Please advise as im really torn between life/CI EK witch.

Another thing- care to explain please how do u compensate on not utilizing great uniques such as Rainbowstride & Maligaro's virtuosity? (spell block & extra crit mods, shortly more dps)

Its the items, plain and simple. I get my armour from my items and determination aura.

Rainbowstriders are not bad but they lack armour and life. You can still use them, I think rares have more potential.
Maligaros are evasion based (and low evasion at that), have no life or resist and the multiplier will most likely kill you on reflect. 5% attack speed is worthless also.

Also the only benefit from CI is the immunity from chaos damage, which is really not that great, you can counter it easily with some chaos resistance which you can get pretty much on every single item.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
"
Rathik2 wrote:
"
MrH4T wrote:
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Its the items, plain and simple. I get my armour from my items and determination aura.

Rainbowstriders are not bad but they lack armour and life. You can still use them, I think rares have more potential.
Maligaros are evasion based (and low evasion at that), have no life or resist and the multiplier will most likely kill you on reflect. 5% attack speed is worthless also.

Also the only benefit from CI is the immunity from chaos damage, which is really not that great, you can counter it easily with some chaos resistance which you can get pretty much on every single item.

First of all id like to thank you for committing to your guide with such a fast reply time.

Rejecting the uniques i mentioned for reasons like balancing offense with defense vs reflect is something i can highly relate to, so tnx.

Armour from items + determination aura : what prevents the CI to get armour this way as well (along with an equal and even higher amount of effective HP from ES)? couldnt he get the same amount of armour from armour items with ES or from armour items along with ES items? (not to mention he can get more armour from the Templar's hybrid nodes of Armour&ES...)
If you go CI you can't take EB which means your mana regen will be very low.
That means you can't use a high level Arctic armour.

With CI you will get stun/freeze/shocked/etc on every hit which means you need unwavering stance. You will also need to take Ghost Reaver and Vaal Pack. That is an entire different build.

And to get high armour with a CI build you will need very expensive armour/es gear.

There is no point to go CI, life does it better and cheaper.
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Last edited by Rathik2 on May 13, 2014, 4:25:36 PM
Has anyone tried to link Empower to EK instead of one of the other 5 gems that adds the least DPS? the increase of the flat physical dmg on EK from the +3 levels should be colossal...
"
MrH4T wrote:
Has anyone tried to link Empower to EK instead of one of the other 5 gems that adds the least DPS? the increase of the flat physical dmg on EK from the +3 levels should be colossal...

I don't got one so I can't test it.
The thing though of boosting the physical part of your damage is that it makes you more vulnerable to reflect.

For example added fire damage spreads your damage output so reflect doesn't punish you as much.

I really don't think the build needs more DPS but nothing stopping you to go for it :).
IGN Riokar | My guides
ARGH! As soon as I find this (granted, I still have to craft it a bit):

They announce a (potential?) nerf to EK in the upcoming patch! :p
20% reduced cast time, damage and mana cost. Probably due to Spell Echo support.
"

20% reduced cast time, damage and mana cost. Probably due to Spell Echo support.

It's only a nerf for CoC builds. The dps for selfcasted EK won't change (20% less base is neutralized by the 20% more damage due to better cast speed). Actually it is a defensive buff as reflected damage can be mitigated better with the new version.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
"

It's only a nerf for CoC builds. The dps for selfcasted EK won't change (20% less base is neutralized by the 20% more damage due to better cast speed). Actually it is a defensive buff as reflected damage can be mitigated better with the new version.

Well, more cast speed means you need more mana to do the same DPS.

I guess will have to wait and see, EK already does great DPS, it might not be that bad.
IGN Riokar | My guides
"
Rathik2 wrote:

Well, more cast speed means you need more mana to do the same DPS.

I guess will have to wait and see, EK already does great DPS, it might not be that bad.

Mana costs will also be reduced by 20% so all should be well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info