IGN:Hauntworld - ICU Omniscient PvP guild
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PvP Low life crit caster / Gear -->/1829851
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HLD PvP tournaments -->/1576295
Last edited by hauntworld1 on Nov 23, 2013, 3:30:27 PM
use chaos damage dude, or do they have huge chaos res, or immunity?
I Stream PvP Twitch.tv/GrindcoreTHRALL
THE STORY OF MY Descent into the Abysmal Afterlife( HC to SC, too Stronk!)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/346754
PK massacre, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldz09uBZ-ug
"
use chaos damage dude, or do they have huge chaos res, or immunity?

They wear Shav's but a lot them stack chaos res and es regen, which out runs viper or any other chaos source for the most part.
IGN: _Firebitch
yeah thats the most played type of build of the active pvpers. Dont forget the max block and 1 hit KO molten shell, making it almost impossible for physical melee to have a chance.
IGN: High____Lander | xDominus

40 Arena pvper: Bleed_Pig

Guild: <HERB> THC
Last edited by oowarpigoo on Sep 30, 2013, 6:43:04 PM
Physical melee with Kaoms Heart still dominated even if you were max block/molten shell.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Physical melee with Kaoms Heart still dominated even if you were max block/molten shell.

low life ek molten can 1 shot 6.5k hp without crit..

Never encountered that before....

I don't expect GGG to every balance pvp. My expectations are very low.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
Never encountered that before....

I don't expect GGG to every balance pvp. My expectations are very low.

i havnt seen you pvp since before the pool nerf anyways heh, I know 4 different pvpers that all use low life EK molten with close to max block. but yeah i dont expect them to completely balance everything for pvp but some are very obviously broken in certian situations. all those builds require a shavronies so not everyone can do it, but its pretty hard to fight a guy who keeps a 30k tooltip molten up 100% of the time as a 2her physical melee. The only thing i can do is bear trap kite until i get a hit, then jump in and try and kill them before they cast another shell, and thats all while needing to keep out of EK range.

Thats true I haven't so I know things are different. I'm sure there's plenty of stuff thats still broken and more I don't know about. Unless they do a really good job with it all I probably will not be back but we'll see.

Standard Forever
Ha, yep. Its pretty much a waste of effort to duel versus these builds. I've dueled the same people Warpig has so I know what hes refering to. Even though we both counter block and have mobility and 2h killing power. I don't know if hes gotten a Kaoms yet but I have over 6.6k hp 81 resist max/stacked (not that it matters because penetration ignores stacking). I also have alot of physical resistence toward EK via armor. I can eat 4-5 EK's from the strongest EK players active in pvp. But ya...1 critical and im ass up in 1 shot 90% of the time, I have lived a few but its rare. I get 1hit by Moltens by TemplarTheFall, everyone else I've dueled it takes atleast 2. But its pretty obvious how strong this type of build is. My gear is insanely good, my build is optimized with immaculate detail, I ignore block chance...I kill them no problem as you'd expect a heavy hitting tank melee should vs a caster...but it just takes 1 molten even mid cyclone to instantly kill me. Its the ultimate panic button trump card. Fix penetration gems and how they work in pvp, adjust EK or just straight up adjust criticals and pvp would instantly be in a better place. A place that rewards other builds and effort instead of 1 hotkey win buttons.

When I made my Mara I had BvA and BvC on my mind. My results have been great vs alot of people but if I didn't ignore block I can only imagine how fucked up this would really be. These low life shavs rf molten ek builds are already worse match up then top level Hammerdin vs a BvC or BvA Barb in Diablo2 haha... Only way to semi balance the field is to weapon swap to 1h sword/shield and spell block. I haven't tried it but I doubt the damage would be there when you need it. You'll likely die before you killed them unless you just commited your entire build to 1h/shield. Fact penetration completely ignores actual resistence, yet + max resistence is still a factor. I tried a ruby flask.. still shit stomped me 1hit, haha. So id venture to say the Molten is over killing people by quite a margin of hp/es.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Oct 3, 2013, 4:00:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info