GGG: How did you react to D3 announcement?

Hey!

I would really like to hear from the developers of PoE, how you guys reacted when you heard about D3 being in development. Since you guys started working on the project in late 2006 I guess you might have had an idea about, making a game for all the Diablo 2 fans who were waiting for any signs about a new Diablo.

We all know how D3 turned out to be, but the trailers and gameplay demonstrations from 2008 was pretty good, so how was your reaction to all that? As I can see on your GGG-homepage you're all pretty new in the field, so getting competition from a big guy like Blizzard might have been very demotivating.

I think it's amazing that you guys kept on, and actually managed to expand the team with more developers.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Oct 6, 2012, 5:16:16 AM
I bet

We can do better than this!
"I'm programmed to say something that is kind and uplifting at this point, but there is apparently an error that is working in my favor."
Last edited by Alternalo on Oct 6, 2012, 7:52:49 AM
What they think about D3, probably differs from one employee to another, although they're probably not legally allowed to say how that honestly felt. xD
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Last edited by ac429 on Oct 6, 2012, 9:48:25 AM
"
Alternalo wrote:
I bet

We can do better than this!

+1
Originally Posted by battlebug on 12.02.2011:

can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
I am more interested about what they thought of playing the game. Like in inferno when you identify 1000's of rares and vendor all of them because they are useless AND worthless.
Standard Forever
Ya well they are probably just scared of commenting because jay wilson will say 'fuck those losers' and hurt their feelings. It hurts alot coming from him, in all his genius of knowing what is fun and all...
FFA loot=Single player MMOARPG. GGG please consider a change.

All I gotta say =x
"
BloodBlade22 wrote:
Ya well they are probably just scared of commenting because jay wilson will say 'fuck those losers' and hurt their feelings. It hurts alot coming from him, in all his genius of knowing what is fun and all...

Lol, he did say that, didn't he? xD
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
There are actually plenty of indicators how they reacted in the interview links I have provided, but you need to read between the lines.

Probably the best such indicator, however, is on your very computer, maybe even your desktop, in the form of a shortcut to a little game they KEPT making no matter what.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Diablo 3 is out?!

"Why the HELL aren't I notified about these things?"
"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info