[3.0] How to Flicker. Two Handed Weapon Edition!

Well of course ... or even for frenzy .. but that wouldn't be a flicker strike character anymore .. at least for the fight it wouldn't be :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
"
Hey man!
A crit dagger build will always have more potential, in general crit builds have much more potential compared to non-crit builds ( with the exception of facebreakers ). Of course you need a lot more currency to reach the level of a non-crit build and even more to exceed it, but with enough exalts a crit build will eventually do better ( you know .. mirrored dagger, acuity etc. ).

Now about how end-game vible is .. that depends on what you consider to be the "end-game". Is it Atziri and Uber Atziri? Is it level 82 maps? Because yes you could do the highest level maps but no when it comes to atziri ... it's extremely difficult to do Atziri with a flicker build ( doesn't matter which one ) because it is hard to get frenzy charges and you can't use multistrike because of the mirror-holding atziri clone in the split phase.

Thanks for the response. Pretty much the answer I was expecting, but just wanted to be sure. Now here's a followup.. It's the beginning of the league, so an early character I make needs to be capable of farming quickly and efficiently on a relatively cheap budget. It seems like this is a pretty inexpensive (and super fun) build to run. Would you recommend it for a first character in the new league? Or is it better as a second after I have some disposable income? Thanks again!
My quest for versatility may lead me to betray the ideals of Flicker-only builds lol
IGN: Frazetta
@Zeppelin
I can't say with 100% confidence "Yes! Do it with your first character!".
I did played this build as a first character twice in the beta ( after wipes ) and it was fine ... but here's the trick ... it was fine for me. Was i very familiar with the build? Yes. Was i lucky with finding/crafting a nice weapon? Perhaps. Can someone else do fine just like me? Sure. But can anyone do it? I can't say ... probably not.

So you see i can't honestly say "Yes! Do it with your first character!" ... and i always try to be honest.

@Sicyo
Nothing wrong with that! :)
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Hey, would you happen to know if it would work to run CWDT + Immortal call with the Daresso's chest piece? and if so, would it be a good option?
Yes, Immortal Call + CWDT works with daresso and when the CWDT activates it takes priority over the endurance charges turned into onslaught mod of the chest. In theory sounds awesome right ? You are loosing the charges anyway when you take a hit so why not start utilizing them ? That's all true but in reality it is not as effective as it sounds. The duration of the Immortal Call even with increased duration support gem is waaay too low ( perhaps if you grab all of the extra endurance charge passives it will be longr but that just takes too much passives ), on top of that in plenty cases your CWDT triggers from elemental or chaos damage thus making the immortal call useless in these situations. Also it prevents you from gaining onslaught and while the CWDT is triggered by reflect ( which i must remind is a joke now ), the daresso chest doesn't so you are loosing the endurance charges that you wouldn't use otherwise.
So in the end it is not bad of course ... but it's not really worth it. Of course this is just my personal opinion
Hey, I was just wondering which weapon you think is the best. You have a tree for basically all of the 2-Handers, but which one do you think is the best? I would assume Axe, because they have the higher damage, right?

Also, how do you think a crit build would be for this? I see you guys have talked about Crit Dagger Flicker here and there, but I mean crit 2-Hander. Idk which weapon would be best because the new Karaketh weapons change a lot for 2-Hand crit builds, but just how do you think that would you with what you assume would be the best one to use.

Finally what are your thought on BM? It got some pretty big life nodes behind it now and I see people are starting to pick it up more. Do you think it's worth it or is it just a waste of a few points because you can handle the mana. Also, how is the mana management on bosses? One of the big changes to leech was to make it worse for single target and better for AoE so how does that affect this?

Oh, I almost forgot, are you planning on adding a item section to the guide? I know Blood Dance boots are a necessity now, but I also saw you talking about Daresso's Defiance? Just are there any uniques you think are really good (Besides Blood Dance :P).

Thanks for the awesome guide, I used it a long time ago and I'm back for more advice :P
Last edited by KillerKookie on Jul 14, 2015, 2:19:34 AM
Hey man!
Well there is a gear section ... just... scroll down a bit :D
Now 2h crit build ... i haven't really discussed it here because it requires an entirely different approach - different gear, different support gems, different passive skill tree ... and that essentially makes it a different build that deserves a different thread and a different guide. When it comes to crit builds you need a high base crit of your weapon and even wit the new weapon types the base crit chance still is a bit low for my taste. The only exception are the staves of course. You could make a cool staff crit 2h flicker build.
About the blood magic passive ... sure you get some nice life nodes behind it but you loose all of your auras which in my case are around 30% of my total damage and that's a pretty big deal, besides using mana is working just fine, no problems with bosses or with anything for that matter.
"
KorgothBG wrote:
Hey man!
Well there is a gear section ... just... scroll down a bit :D
Now 2h crit build ... i haven't really discussed it here because it requires an entirely different approach - different gear, different support gems, different passive skill tree ... and that essentially makes it a different build that deserves a different thread and a different guide. When it comes to crit builds you need a high base crit of your weapon and even wit the new weapon types the base crit chance still is a bit low for my taste. The only exception are the staves of course. You could make a cool staff crit 2h flicker build.
About the blood magic passive ... sure you get some nice life nodes behind it but you loose all of your auras which in my case are around 30% of my total damage and that's a pretty big deal, besides using mana is working just fine, no problems with bosses or with anything for that matter.

Omg, I'm sorry, I totally missed the other post with a lot more info... Didn't think the first half took up that much space, I guess lol.

You really don't think you can get a good amount of crit with the Dagger-Axe? I know it'd be a whole different build, but I've been thinking about doing it, so looking for some opinions on it.

I see your point with BM, I mean you get less Aura reserve cost and a lot of health, but if you have no mana problems, I guess it's pretty pointless.

Thanks for the quick response!
Well yes, the dagger axe has nice crit chance ( though not based and if it has a local crit mod it won't be multiplied by the 7% but by the % without the build-in 40% crit chance ) but there is another problem. Daggers are always the superior crit weapon not only because they have high base crit values but because they also have tons and tons of insanely powerful dagger-only crit passives.
That's why staves in my opinion are good enough too - there are just enough staff-only crit passives around to pull it off.
Now can a 2h crit build with a nice dagger-axe be good? Sure, it will work nicely and it can even be great! But a flicker strike build with a nice dagger or even staff will always be better.

P.S. Yeah sorry about the mess the guide is at the moment. I'll redo some stuff later today to make it look more like it should look :)
Last edited by KorgothBG on Jul 14, 2015, 2:55:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info