(Oct 7 NZT) Three-hour Turbo Hardcore Race

Prizes have been awarded!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
DemiDawGZ!

Congrats other winners, we were hoping to take all 6 demigods today, but it never goes as you plan!

We took Shadow, Ranger, Witch and Templar, never leaving Western Forest, we had intended to go to Cruel Ledge, however our ranger died at level 10/11 early on, so we actually waited for him to catch back up, which cost us around 15 minutes (or so).

The ranger and duelists death were both completely avoidable, and did not happen because of the Turbo mode, ultimately just some bad luck, had it not happened (which it rarely does) we would have made it exactly the same level as a standard 3hour, if not further.

My concern is, this league does not seem to actually adding much difficulty outside of bosses, and I feel this needs to be adjusted (I said this last league, but just reiterating).

Moar Difficultyness please, add 100% to all the mobs health, add 30% damage, just make everything super beast mode, make act2 impossible to get to!

Went solo this race, with a steady and safe pace. Drops were terrible until the last 10 mins- was in half whites at merveil, and all my blues were junk- but thankfully there were zero desyncs. Weaver appeared to teleport once due to getting trapped in his blue pack but otherwise the gameplay was very clean (surprisingly, considering the speed increase).

My pace didnt allow for cruel so i chose a farming spot for the last 45 mins and grinded to the end. 2nd place shadow in the end.

Feedback: Noticed cold resist listed on merveil. Resists on act bosses... please, no. This sort of thing works fine on normal monsters since every build type sees enemies that are resistant to them, and on rares because killing them isnt required to progress. On act bosses its just an arbitrary numbers nerf to specific builds, and theres nothing well designed or fun about that.

We sorely need a move-only skill and a way to disable clickable ui entities. Not really race-specific, but the lack is far more noticable when allowed reaction time is reduced like this.

Ill also echo what another poster said about hellions, monkeys and a couple other monsters not being affected by the speed increase. Seems like a bug.

Overall i think this mode is great for 3 hour races and am very much looking forward to a solo turbo race in the (hopefully near!) future.

See you all next race!
IGN: KoTao
"
Neonspyder wrote:
Moar Difficultyness please, add 100% to all the mobs health, add 30% damage, just make everything super beast mode, make act2 impossible to get to!
It really felt to me that the snakes in vaal were moving SLOWER than normal. I think for this type of race, the monster run speed cap should be removed or increased or else its not really turbo. The 60% mod feels more like a 20% mod that you see in maps because of the cap to MS.
"
Neonspyder wrote:

My concern is, this league does not seem to actually adding much difficulty outside of bosses, and I feel this needs to be adjusted (I said this last league, but just reiterating).

Especially for people who are soloing with certain classes/builds, the bosses add too much difficulty spike. Stuff other than bosses felt about the same than normal and could be made slightly harder in some way.
IGN: Rollface
Cool race, really enjoyed it, a solo turbo race would also be awesome. Good job guys.
Got a friend to try out the game today, he never played it before this race.

I got to level 9 as a Templar then lagged in the rocky climb and got hit by 4 arrows and 2 fireballs at once and died.

Rolled a frost witch after I died and got it to 18 was #5 witch overall. Found barely any orbs or decent items for my class.

My friend made it to level 10 as a ranger with my guidance and a waypoint to the ledge. I also helped him kill brutus which was alot of fun to do with two people.
There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root - Thoreau, Henry David
Just like KoTao I was with 3 whites against Merveil. Went with Frozen Pulse crit Shadow /finished 4th/ and it worked until her. Boss with a specific resist is just not right - if there must be some resists on her - make them triple or none at all - it is not fair this way.

Monster speed increase did not made the game harder - just easier to lvlup. And as previous posters - apes and hellions were not affected like they should be.

Special thanks to UNO who tanked Merveil and I was able to continue with the xp grind onward.

It was fun and hectic, but please GGG consider the time zone some players are in - 00:00 to 03:00 is .... meh.

Good luck to all next time and have fun :)

P.S. Full speed charging Rhoas ..... what a deadly milisecond sight !

Edit : typo
Last edited by anvill on Oct 6, 2012, 9:20:30 PM
Sadly, I encountered some bad instances and had to play on the American gate which caused my untimely demise in the flooded depths.

It was a lot of fun like every other race, I hope the instance stability will improve as more time progresses.

EDIT: Gratz to ssnodgrass1283 for his first demigod!

I was listening to him and devmoon run as I was playing, really happy he ended up winning.
Last edited by vor on Oct 7, 2012, 2:55:39 AM
thanks vor! yeah it was quite an interesting experience. After all, i did die to hillock in normal lol! Ran out of pots and was getting nailed by crabs (the ranged ones) it was ugly... and then in mud flats... there must have been like 20 of those rhoas all grouped up... almost ended me there had to leave... luckily i grabbed the wp... so yeah my start was the worst start i have ever had... still managed to pull off level 30 though and killed vaal...

vaal was something else lol! omg his lightning was sooo fast and his fist smash was crazy fast... luckily by the time i was at him i had 750 hp with 75 fire res and 60 lightning res... he hit me one time with his fist smash and took me down to 200 hp... oh and i forgot to mention my brutus experience... i think we spent atleast 5 minutes on brutus me and devmoon... we finally got him and then went to the prisoners gate where devmoon met his end unfortunately :(... but yeah here was all of my gear at the end of the race... it was really fun and i can't wait for the next one... thanks chris for this awesome game! :)

EDIT: oh and another thing i decided to rush resolute so by lvl 11 i had resolute... at 6 i picked up the +30 life +30 strength node for increased survivability... it worked very nicely... before mervil i picked up the diamond skin passive and the rest of the life nodes that i skipped... after that i picked up some more life nodes the pack of 3... 2 give 8 percent... 1 gives +10 percent and 20 to strength... after that it was all dmg nodes cuz i had about 700 hp by then...

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Spoiler

Last edited by imSnoddy on Oct 7, 2012, 3:26:16 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info