(Oct 7 NZT) Three-hour Turbo Hardcore Race

I died to brutus when he did 2 ground slam things instantly in a spot where I was pretty sure I couldn't get hit. That sucked lol.. next time there is a turbo race I am going to play super safe at brutus. Both races died to him :/
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
I played a frost witch using freezing pulse as my main spell and ice spear for bosses (and sometimes for strong single mobs). I took almost purely offensive passives. Freezing pulse did a good job at keeping the increased damage of the monsters in check.

Brutus was as easy as without turbo, I could kite him just fine, he managed to hit me 2-3 times.

Ambrosia (the fireball caster in the Cavern of Anger) nearly instantly killed me, it's easy to slip up and take 2 fireball hits.

Merveil was absolutely impossible for me, so I just leveled in the Caverns until someone was kind enough to help me. With two ranged characters, she's no problem at all.

I died due to being somewhat careless around suicide bombers in the Western Forest, I was the second or third witch despite being held up for a fairly long time by Merveil.

Overall, I think turbo isn't a very fun mod. The difference in the normal monsters is negligible, but the difference in bosses makes certain classes completely unable to progress. A mod that increases difficulty is a good idea, but it would be more fun if the difficulty was more constant throughout the game instead of having a few huge spikes.
Yeah sorry Powster :C
Was fun while it lasted died in Western Forest. Turbo was seemed pretty standard until Brutus and then slowed down again until Sins 3 and really any ranged mob in Act 2. Definitely a lot of fun keeping up with the other big group. Ran with Powster, Kirbs again, and a ranger that was a friend of Kirbs.
WhispInTheWind, a lvl 24 Ranger, 10th place finish, 3rd place ranger.

Spoiler

Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable

Last edited by Waves_blade on Oct 6, 2012, 8:07:45 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
congratulations to the people who managed to kill vaal, quite an impressiv feat.
Thank you for thebird for picking me up, playing in a team before maps is pretty nice
Missed the last event.

Summary:
Brutus is challenging this way.
Merveil needs another AI in short races life cast 2 spears before hitting once.
Turbomode only punishes ranged characters, the melee attack is still really slow.

Turbomode doesn't seem to work on Hellions and small apes.
I saw faster Hellions and apes on maps with speed mod.
Those monsters are still terribly slow.

Another thing that's needed are big mobs at transition points. That way use rushers might die during transition.

Like I already said in Patch notes.
The projectiles are far too slow, that way everybody skill can skip areas with missile monsters.

RACE STATS

Top 10

Congratulations to all winners!

Everyone else, better skill next time.

-Temple of Exiles
UNO - 4th Templar - 24th overall

Frost Nova / Glacial Hammer templar.

Alot of fun. Love the turbo mode. It really encourages parting but alot of desynch for me.

Well prolly the last time I party randoms. Had a party of 5. Ended with a party of 1.

Original Party.
Lost the dual strike shadow in submerged passage lvl 2. Lost the Bow ranger in Rocky Climb R.I.P.
Lost the Maurader in Prison we were in necromancer hell.
Lost the Duelist in Cavern of Anger.

My back was hurtin the whole time from carrying my team but it is alot more fun as a team. I just wish they were slightly mose skilled. I killed about 80% of all mobs. Was tyring to get more people to join me but no one wanted to join.

Once I got merveil down to 1/2 life a bunch of people decided to join me. I was hoping I would have a nice party again. Well everyone joined only to leave the party after Merveil was killed. :/ Oh well thier loss LOL! I was lvl 17 they were all lvl 14.

Brutus is Brutal. Took me and the duelist a while to kill. Merveil wasn't as bad as I thought.

IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967
Kinda surprised i made it 5th, since all my party died before hailrake, ranger bit slow in act 1, but after that it was fast. Also got 2 alchemy orbs 1 regal, amazing item luck.

Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
IGN: Rollface
This is my Gear:
Spoiler
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
Unavailable
IGN: YeahCrit

My Guides
Dual Claw Molten Strike Ranger HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1178252
Elmo Fire Templar HC: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/93967

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info