(Oct 7 NZT) Three-hour Turbo Hardcore Race

so i won't be able to do the race, again. but i did the 2 hours thing. i was expecting something faster, but maybe the movement speed cap gave me a wrong impression, it was still great fun. i ran solo, necros were able to insta res which make them even more annoying, luckily i found a detonate dead gem, their only known counter! as solo, my fight against merveil was horrible, the cold snap spam was undodgeable, with 30% cold resist, it dealt more dps than my large flask could heal and i needed to chicken alt-f4 twice. i'm curious how other ranged class player did solo versus merveil. overall, i felt the game was 40% faster and i progressed 40% slower.

the faster fight and increased kiting distance made me realized some ai script are really bad, like the hellion one where they stop running as soon they get close to you not very dog/wolfish.

probably because mobs could get close to you much faster, i felt the desync more than usually, but still i think that increasing the overall speed of the game made the monsters seem much more aggressive which was great. you should consider adding a similar speed modifier like what we'll have with the resistances, it would make cruel and merciless more difficult and different than normal.
Was great fun, ended up 7th which was a big surprise for me I had a sloppy speed and I was stuck at brutus for good 10 minutes or so since i was too scared to attack him properly when i had lost my decoy totem :p

Anyways I think the monsters should behave more like this in normal leagues too, well maybe not so much added attack/cast speed, but the monster movement should definately be bit higher by default.

Definately looking forward testing the next one, and as Prozon said hoping for some 1 week race too in the near future.
IGN: Rollface
Last edited by grindis123 on Oct 5, 2012, 12:08:59 AM
yes one weeks rule please start one soon thanks chris! :)
Any parties need a witch? I play by the name TheOnlyWitch. I always solo so don't have much experience in party..
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
:( 11 pm on Saturday here, I'll plan to have a life and won't play it then, what a pity I so wanted to participate ! Also the previous one was on a Friday... again having a job.. Oh well !
IGN: Megawipe
"
tonetta wrote:
You should consider adding a similar speed modifier like what we'll have with the resistances, it would make cruel and merciless more difficult and different than normal.

Cha Ching :D I think you're onto something pal. Even if it was just a 5% boost I think it would make a nice difference.
I jumped on just for a few minutes (missed the post yesterday where the 2hr was announced) but enjoyed it a lot, got to the ledge at lvl 4 and at 1 min to end got lv 5.
Didnt notice a huge amount of speed difference except for a few notable horrible creatures...(the annoying sand spitter things lol) But then I didn't get the boss fights done, ran out of time
Will do the 3 hr one tho, despite the cheaters in the game
I'd love to get into one of those but can they be held in some Europe friendly times? Can't statr at midnight and play till 3AM.
Are you going to be pushing the times back to normal next week since most people will have caught up for Daylight savings now?
"
Metronomy wrote:
Are you going to be pushing the times back to normal next week since most people will have caught up for Daylight savings now?

Noooooooooooooooooooo. I don't think so, they are earlier because of daylight savings, this is the normal time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info