For those interested in making Uniques..

Don't have $1k? Still want to create your own items? I have an HTML template for you. I'm not a photoshopper so this is how I do things. Its pretty basic and if you're handy with HTML and CSS you can modify it to suit your needs for accessories, armor, flasks, or whatever. It's pretty straightforward and nearly identical to the website.. in Firefox. If you use IE, well.. it might not turn out exactly how it should.

If you're crafty, you can insert a screenshot or something as a background image behind the item box since the box is transparent it'll look like it was actually in game. The stash image found at the bottom of this website looks good too.

The template looks like this:

You'll be needing the unique item background images. I usually put a 'u' in front so that I know they're for unique items.
Images

You'll also need the Font used in the game.

Then you'll need the CSS
item.css
body{margin:0;color:#AB9066;font-family:Fontin SmallCaps;background:#222319;font-weight:normal;}
.ItemContainer{position:relative;margin-bottom:20px;font-size:70%;font-weight:normal;}
.ItemBox{text-align:center;color:#EFEFEF;font-size:1.3em;background:url('hoverbackground.png');}
.ItemContent{padding-left:11px;padding-right:11px;padding-bottom:7px;}
.TitleBar{background:top left repeat-x;position:relative;background-image:url('uitemheadermiddle.png');height:53px;}
.TitleBarL {background:url('uitemheaderleft.png') no-repeat top left;height:53px;width:43px;left:-11px;position:absolute;}
.TitleBarR{background-image:url('uitemheaderright.png');height:53px;width:43px;right:-11px;position:absolute;}
.ItemName, .ItemType{font-size:18px;position:relative;top:2px;}
.ItemSeparator{background:center no-repeat;position:relative;background-image:url('useparator.png');height:7.91075px;margin:1px 0px;}
.ExplicitMod,.ImplicitMod{color:#8888FF;white-space:nowrap}
.TextUnique,.FlavourText{color:#af6025}
.FlavourText{font-style:italic;padding-left:5px; padding-right:5px;white-space:nowrap;}
.Text{display:inline-block;padding:0 10px;color:#777;}
.Default{color:#fff}
.Augmented{color:#88f}
.Unmet{color:#d20000}
.PhysicalDamage{color:#fff}
.FireDamage{color:#960000}
.ColdDamage{color:#366492}
.LightningDamage{color:gold}
.ChaosDamage{color:#d02090}

And most importantly, the HTML
Unique.html
<html>
<head>
<title>Make your own Unique</title>
<link href="item.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
</head>
<body>
<br /><br /><br /><br />
<table align="center">
<tr>
<td>
<div class="ItemContainer">
<div class="ItemBox">
<div class="ItemContent">
<div class="TitleBar">
<div class="TitleBarL"></div>
<div class="TitleBarR"></div>
<div class="TextUnique">
<span class="ItemName">Weapon Name</span>
</div>
<div class="TextUnique">
<span class="ItemType">Weapon Type</span>
</div>
</div>
<div class="ItemStats" style="padding-top:3px;">
<span class="Text">Weapon Class<br />Quality: <span class="Augmented">+20%</span><br />Physical Damage: <span class="PhysicalDamage">100-100</span><br />Elemental Damage <span class="FireDamage">10-20</span>, <span class="ColdDamage">5-10</span>, <span class="LightningDamage">1-30</span><br />Critical Strike Chance: <span class="Default">90%</span><br />Attacks per Second: <span class="Augmented">9.80</span></span>
</div>
<div class="ItemSeparator"></div>
<div class="Requirements">
<span class="text">Requires Level <span class="Default">101</span>, <span class="Default">800</span> Str, <span class="Default">800</span> Dex, <span class="Default">800</span> Int</span>
</div>
<div class="ImplicitMod">
<span>Implicit Mod Goes Here</span>
</div>
<div class="ExplicitMod">
<span>Adds 10-20 Fire Damage<br />Adds 5-10 Cold Damage<br />Adds 1-30 Lightning Damage<br />100% increased Attack Speed<br />Explicit Mod Line #5<br />Explicit Mod Line #6<br />Explicit Mod Line #7<br />Explicit Mod Line #8</span>
</div>
<div class="FlavourText">
<span>Flavour Text<br />text text text<br />text text text text text text<br />text text text text text text text text</span>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Have fun! If you can't figure it out, I will not help you so don't ask.
Last edited by FaceLicker on Aug 13, 2013, 4:15:23 PM
I think I will just sketch one on a piece of paper and tape it next my monitor. It will be just as useful.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
1) Oh god, here comes an even bigger influx of fake uniques.

2) The image files you included do not have the necessary prefix "U_" - For example, U_Separator.png is the file the CSS sheet calls for, but Separator.png is the one listed. The only one of the 4 that doesn't have this is the background.

3) The "Seperator" class is misspelled, though the images file is spelled properly: "Separator" - if you got this stuff directly from the site, that's a GGG issue.

4) Here's mine! :3

Had to photoshop the "ffi" in Ruffians in there...for some reason the "Fontin SmallCaps" doesn't like when you place those three letters next to each other. Also messed with the required text a bit, looks like I got it off by a tad...ah well.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Oct 4, 2012, 4:32:14 PM
I'll keep an eye on this thread for inspirational ideas.
"
2) The image files you included do not have the necessary prefix "U_"

3) The "Seperator" class is misspelled
Fixed. I use the U_ for my own files. R_ for rare, C_ for currency, etc.
Gentlemanly Top Hat added. Yes, it's more of a joke than a legitimate idea.
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Oct 4, 2012, 4:37:35 PM
"

Classy.
"A communion...but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach." -Icius Perandus
"

2) The image files you included do not have the necessary prefix "U_" - For example, U_Separator.png is the file the CSS sheet calls for, but Separator.png is the one listed. The only one of the 4 that doesn't have this is the background.

3) The "Seperator" class is misspelled, though the images file is spelled properly: "Separator" - if you got this stuff directly from the site, that's a GGG issue.

Had to photoshop the "ffi" in Ruffians in there...for some reason the "Fontin SmallCaps" doesn't like when you place those three letters next to each other. Also messed with the required text a bit, looks like I got it off by a tad...ah well.

should change the ruffians/hooligans/naysayers to bandits, fanatics (oak's devoted and alira's dearest). act 2 will be a breeze
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
"
Invalesco wrote:
"

should change the ruffians/hooligans/naysayers to bandits, fanatics (oak's devoted and alira's dearest). act 2 will be a breeze

Ah well, at least you'll look like a sir.

"
kaboomzzz wrote:
I'll keep an eye on this thread for inspirational ideas.

Nice Avatar :P

I might throw up some of my ideas on here. Maybe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info