New 0.11.6 Content and a Research Survey

So, you took away Wrath, Anger, and Hatred auras then you replace them with microtransaction aura effects. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

Bring back the original auras as an optional setting and then I wouldn't have a problem with the microtransaction aura effects.
"
"
RaGoNXIII wrote:
I think the survey didnt go deep enough into game mechanics. When it ask if you reached the map system, it should ask another driven questions for a bit of feedback regarding that topic, and maybe other controversial ones like crafting, looting and so on. It would be great to do so at official webpage, with at least 2 months of poe experience as a requirement to make the data more accurate and avoid multi account ragekids. Just my 2 cents ;).

We don't know many of the details of what this data will be used for, so it's not really our place to judge the questions in that way. A few made me uncomfortable but they were still obviously on-target with what the academic desired. I am sure the researcher deliberated long and hard over these questions before asking the *lead dev* to share them with the players.

This isn't for the devs or any sort of game feedback. It's a survey of the players. Simple.

Read what you wrote there, and now ask yourself why you judged the two questions you were uncomfortable about. IT appears that you, like so many others feel that the questions are to do with whether or not people should be able to pay to influence the game.

This seems to me to be a poor assumption given that we do not know the purpose of the questions. What is far more likely, given that this is a survey for an Economics thesis, is that the questions are simply to gauge what the majority of people are willing to pay. But then again, I have no idea about this either.
"
ghymini wrote:
So, you took away Wrath, Anger, and Hatred auras then you replace them with microtransaction aura effects. I'm not sure I'm okay with that.

Bring back the original auras as an optional setting and then I wouldn't have a problem with the microtransaction aura effects.

as long as I can have an option to disable them in a party. Meaning the old disco ones. Sure. Those things were horrid.

Dont want to see them in a party I start.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
ghymini wrote:

as long as I can have an option to disable them in a party. Meaning the old disco ones. Sure. Those things were horrid.

Dont want to see them in a party I start.

But you're fine with seeing razor footprints? or do you want a personal setting for that aswell, sweetheart?
Last edited by Mythicpoe on Sep 21, 2013, 1:59:08 AM
DP.
Last edited by Mythicpoe on Sep 21, 2013, 1:59:23 AM
That's pretty awesome to see a guy writing his economics PhD. about POE. Hopefully we can give the author some nice data.
Available to mediate cross-league trades and mirror services. Send me a PM here or in-game.
IGN: SpudOfDoom | The Exiled - Path Of Exile's oldest clan
Is it considered working as intended that we're allowed to do the survey multiple times?

Am i allowed to make a auto mater do multiple surveys for me? skewing the results for bad/good?
[Removed by Support]
Very cool to see Many new skills and gems but when are u guys going to fix the cyclone and multistrike gem from all the desync from server its been like this for ages now will u never fix it? It should should be more inportant then gems and Microt. As it is now it is pretty boken.
I have a question which might seem to be unimportant but it is... to me.
Will all Unique items have a proper 3d art until/in 1.0.0?
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
Last edited by KorgothBG on Sep 21, 2013, 7:56:14 AM
"
demin54 wrote:
Very cool to see Many new skills and gems but when are u guys going to fix the cyclone and multistrike gem from all the desync from server its been like this for ages now will u never fix it? It should should be more inportant then gems and Microt. As it is now it is pretty boken.

u understand that the people working on de desync issues are not the ones that make the microtransactions right? there is different people with different professions working on both. you cant tell a guy specialized in graphics and skins to fix complex programming issues because he most likely didnt learn for it.

looking forward to the new patch!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info