Crash: Vector <T> Too Long

Client.exe just crashed with the message Vector <T> Too Long.

Message was followed up with a C++ runtime error.

Was running circles around 2 rare archers with my Ranger at the time.

2nd crash in 2 hours today, didn't catch an error message on the first one. Anything else that might help with the report?
Basics of how to play (by Malice): tinyurl.com/72wrafn
Walkthrough for Act I and II (by KrapnoV) : tinyurl.com/7w3a3gd
Mechanics - how the game works (by Malice) : tinyurl.com/6p4zbl5
Crafting Guide (by Invalesco) : bit.ly/craftpoe
Mechanics videos (by Eztheal) : bit.ly/UTwFAV
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2017, 1:45:52 AM
I've been unable to find any automated crash reports, and it's not a common crash, so it could be a corrupted pack file. I'd try running the Pack Check and see if it comes up with anything. If not, check that your firewall isn't preventing PoE from sending out the crash reports!
Balance & Design
Oops! Sorry, I took a break from PoE cause of a spike in work.

Is there a particular .exe file I should allow in my ZoneAlarm? The threads I found regarding automatic crash report uploading have already been archived - can't read them.

Here and here.

I've patched up to the current version - that should take care of the corrupted pack file, yes?
Last edited by Singakiwi on Oct 16, 2012, 6:40:13 AM
I dont expect that patching would detect corruptions in unpatched parts; and even if so, it should be no issue to be safe and check it on your own.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
We don't have an automated corruption detection in the patcher yet - We use the Pack Check to do that at the moment! The file used to send crash reports can be found in the folder you installed the game in (Usually Program Files(x84)/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile) and is called CrashUpload.exe. You can just run the program, which should send off the crash reports!
Balance & Design
Thanks for the help Rory and Mr_Cee.

Ran Crashupload.exe (double clicked) and all that happened was a brief 'working' icon at my mouse. Nothing seemed to happen. Also tried running as admin (using Win 7). How do I know it's working right?

Have also followed your link and run PackCheck. It says

"Checking pack file Content.ggpk...."

and hasn't moved for the last 10 min. Is this normal? I'll leave it on and check back in a few hours time...

Edit: finally finished and it just returned me to the command prompt. No error or corrupted filed reports. If it's a rare crash and patching *may* have solved the problem then I guess that's all for now?

Will report if anything else weird happens.

Thanks guys!
Last edited by Singakiwi on Oct 17, 2012, 12:56:02 PM
Thanks singakiwi, let me know if you have any further problems.

You won't notice anything happening with Crashupload, it just sends us the crash details. It usually runs when you first open the client, so most people never notice it at all!
Balance & Design
Hi i have the same Problme .
ING Suole
had the same problem now on 2 different pcs. was using a coc dd toon at the time not sure it that has anything to do with it
Hi Magetank,

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue. As Rory recommended, could you please try running a pack check (if you're using the standalone client) to see if it can find any problems with the game files?

If you're using Steam to launch Path of Exile, I recommend verifying the integrity of your game cache instead.

If this doesn't help, please let us know in a new thread, or email us at support@grindinggear.com
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info