"BURNING BAD" Incinerate Maurader Build (Includes Leveling Guide, Build Progression, and More!)

"
IceIight wrote:
"
CaptainKapow wrote:

I've thought of this, but then you also lose out on about most of your armor by losing the shield. The +life gained does not match being able to tank at least tentacle bttches in maps, cause armor is more important than dual wield atm. 10% cast speed is nothing for incinerate, as the more you get the efficiency gets lowered, sort of how armor works.

NOOOOPE!

I'd really reconsider this option. Machine-gun Girl deals mixed fire/phys damage, so armour isn't AS needed against them. Also, if you're blazing shit down, twice the LoH is EXTREMELY profitable.

This also covers your only weakness, Lightning Thorns. however, I'd question whether using a saffel's frame for full spell block isn't just the best option...

Have you considered using the block amulet?
Last edited by lucksickle on Oct 2, 2013, 1:59:15 PM
I am working on a incinerate marauder right now and although and am only lvl 37 right now and I don't even have the items for it yet but I have a good amount "planned out".

this is my planned endish of merc right now for skills:
skill tree
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAecCcQSzBS0UIBRNGS4aMho4GlUdFCSLJ-0oxTB1Nug6UjrYPQ9GaUw1UEdQUFFgVElVxlcNWGNYr14TXp9fP2BLYSFko2aedO1673xLfLt99YM4hO-HKYzPj0aQVZrMnYCezaC0ogCnMKeEqZWsr7ndwBrDhsQVxPbFisbYz2XQ0NIh1I_ZYd0F37_h2udS55HsGew47w7wH_Iv8772SPrS-6o=

I go full blood magic but I feel it isn't really necessary to do so (only aura I really plan on is grace on health)

I also am not 100% sure on the reduced mana cost of skills. That is a thing I will have to get a feel for as I go along, so they could probably be excluded.

for items of course I will be using the claws. currently using the 40% block shield, and once i hit lvl 45 i plan on getting the anvil (which saves me a ton in passive points for max block)

as for linking: highest priority is: incinerate, LMP (have not tried GMP so I could go either way), life leech (not sure if it will be needed but it is the planned right now), iron will (or something else pending damage testing). the other links i am debating on (any of): faster casting, faster proj, blind.

honestly I think blind is down right insane with incinerate, with grace I will prob end up around 35ish evade chance but throw blind in there it ends up around 80's which combine with block you almost never get hit by attacks, leaving spells as the only real issue.

Only thing i am worried about is not having enough damage/ having to much survivability.
Bump in hopes of video :)
IGN: Zaxin
Fear is the mind killer - Dune
Spellblock helps against lightning thorns
IGN: DarkForceImSuckyNoob
I found unwavering stance a must for any incinerate build, thus making blind useless?

I link incinerate - gmp - life leech - faster projectiles - fire pen - blood magic

you can swap out faster projectiles for bosses and use added cold, culling strike etc

added chaos would be a better swap out but the socket colour isnt right

have not tested if added chaos is better then fire pen, but against resistant mobs, which there are alot of, fo\ire pen adds huge dps
Ok guys, so here is my version of this build,...

Passive Tree

So here i'm still thinking about taking "Testudo" which is insane.

Gear
Spoiler

You'll need atleast 150 mana regen. for AA lvl 12 -
Running : Purity - Clarity - Discipline - Grace - Determination - Tempest shield - AA.
5-links : Incinerate - Iron will - Life leech - Faster projectile - GMP.

Inspired by : http://www.twitch.tv/nugiyen
Last edited by fromspaace on Oct 20, 2013, 11:21:44 AM
This patch has greatly improved this build. With the new Cast when Taken Damage you can cast all those things you don't generally have time for like Elemental Weakness, Enduring Cry and Molten Shell. Much more life available. I am running with the BM passive for now, but when I get enough hp/sec I might switch to BM gem so I can run 2 auras. But that might make it difficult to fund the trigger spells off mana.

I currently use a level 1 Lightning Warp with Increased Duration. So I can ramp up my Incinerate stages before getting into the thick of things. However without dual wielding those claws Lightning Thorns is a real pain. Reflect isn't that bad yet. I have been using a 2 handed maul and Heavy Striking the Lightning Mages, but I would love an alternative.
Swap incinerate for fireball to deal with lightning thorns.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info