"BURNING BAD" Incinerate Maurader Build (Includes Leveling Guide, Build Progression, and More!)

"
Vanilla93 wrote:
Can you post some gameplay with this build ?

Fraps isn't working with me atm, will post ASAP!
IGN = Dearest (Warbands)
Whats the damage like on this build?
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
At the moment I'm running on a tooltip of 514.8, *5 (for GMP) *4 (Incinerate's last stage). So 10296 DPS! And my gems are only level 16, which is lowering the DPS by atleast 66%.
IGN = Dearest (Warbands)
Last edited by IceIight on Sep 21, 2013, 1:11:50 AM
Three things came to mind when I read your ideas and thoughts.

Your main link - Incinerate - Faster Casting - Blood Magic - Iron Will - Fire Penetration/Life Leech - Greater Multiple Projectiles

1. Incinerate - Faster Casting - Blood Magic - Iron Will - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Added Chaos Damage

I've experimented with a setup like this on a character of mine that doesn't use Iron Will yet with some awfully leveled gems and no damage passives, and my dps ends up comparable to yours at roughly 8.5-9k~ using a build made for meleeing.

2 & 3. I would also consider using Aegis Aurora and Unwavering Stance, reason being that you're intending to stand still and facetank while casting - being stunned will interrupt your Incinerate and drop your stacks - Aegis with high block and armour would nullify most of the incoming damage, if you stack some spell block you can reduce the risks of Lightning Thorns too.

Example of a tankier build idea with a focus on using Aegis Aurora to mitigate damage (30% less life from nodes, but lots of ES and armour along with max endurance charges): Build
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it.
Last edited by Aragashia on Sep 21, 2013, 9:15:23 AM
You reserve alot of hp to run clarity for AA, is it really worth it?
Mark_GGG 2012
If you put on your full plate mail, and I throw hundreds of toothpicks at you, you'll basically not feel it.

If someone catapults a whole tree at you, don't expect the Armour to prevent as much of the damage.
Couldn't you run mana leech instead of blood magic?

They both don't do anything for damage but they both enable the build to actually use the spell, but mana leech isn't effecting your survivability at all.

IGN: Ghured
You get extremely mana hungry even with clarity and mana leech, so it isn't really worth it. It's also harder to roll 2 greens.
IGN = Dearest (Warbands)
I really find this build intriguing. What do you think about going dual wield with 2x Cybil's Paw?

I put together this build which is essentially a DW modification of yours.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzFE2iAAJxLdLZYVcNkc677dIhns2nMBRxBg5j_SWtCfYUIFBHAec26GSjGlVhIRLhourvTii1KNvf70CgBS1gS3rvdO0hYHTxGNtDnA6tKaXBi6zq0_xbr90N_MVnoId2Sn06szWGnaq5zVb67g4j9u_wWkga2_ljFfA6WAR-hxkF-ZcGxKJOKrZBNJNjcO_jnrmQCg==

Most of the total stats end up roughly the same (including spell damage from claws) with the following exceptions:

1) Blocking is about half (39% instead of 73% with passives + Tempest Shield + Lioneyes).
2) I found extra points available to get 2 more endurance charges.
3) You lose the stats of Lioneyes shield but gain ~10 cast speed from the extra claw.
4) You get twice the life gained on spell hit.

The last one there is the key point I think that might make DW worth it. If you are able to sustain BM incinerate with just one Cybil's I imagine your life gain with two of them could balance out the reduced block chance.

Any thoughts?
I originaally thought dual wielding would be another way of doing this build then I realized If you could get enough int you could just dual wield Spell Damage type Daggers and scepters Have more spell power than this build would ever dream of having as well as spell Crit Chance/Power on top of it. Scepters are capable or rolling cast speed mods aswell. Posible you could do Dagger/Scepter scepter with a 20% cast speed mod aswell

You would only need 131 int to wield imperial skeen for example then find a scpeter with Castspeed and Spell damage. Or roll this claw and a Dagger.

So somthing like this IDK I think would be more OP.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3UjxkuJ-2sqlnzwBpmnhZAhX0pT4Kb5CIabJ2upwjYJDbFNtjxbOxViBvvhRJpFxxxeY5k96a2-rUEXcZG193zYG2dgIM473wUTQSzAnHwH6IA8i9yqfcyJOH7RRfq-OtBqhRxBg5j_SWtCfYOPDpShmBWBGFSYIgotSjb3-_vTkCgBS1gS3rvdO0hYHTxnrkshVoatkE0k2Nw7-NVqZe0rLpnmyku4dowdZrMvqduacS41fg=
Last edited by WarlordClaw on Sep 23, 2013, 5:04:22 PM
"
CaptainKapow wrote:
I really find this build intriguing. What do you think about going dual wield with 2x Cybil's Paw?

I put together this build which is essentially a DW modification of yours.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7ayqWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4OthN2Ix2njyBbwSzFE2iAAJxLdLZYVcNkc677dIhns2nMBRxBg5j_SWtCfYUIFBHAec26GSjGlVhIRLhourvTii1KNvf70CgBS1gS3rvdO0hYHTxGNtDnA6tKaXBi6zq0_xbr90N_MVnoId2Sn06szWGnaq5zVb67g4j9u_wWkga2_ljFfA6WAR-hxkF-ZcGxKJOKrZBNJNjcO_jnrmQCg==

Most of the total stats end up roughly the same (including spell damage from claws) with the following exceptions:

1) Blocking is about half (39% instead of 73% with passives + Tempest Shield + Lioneyes).
2) I found extra points available to get 2 more endurance charges.
3) You lose the stats of Lioneyes shield but gain ~10 cast speed from the extra claw.
4) You get twice the life gained on spell hit.

The last one there is the key point I think that might make DW worth it. If you are able to sustain BM incinerate with just one Cybil's I imagine your life gain with two of them could balance out the reduced block chance.

Any thoughts?

I've thought of this, but then you also lose out on about most of your armor by losing the shield. The +life gained does not match being able to tank at least tentacle bttches in maps, cause armor is more important than dual wield atm. 10% cast speed is nothing for incinerate, as the more you get the efficiency gets lowered, sort of how armor works.
IGN = Dearest (Warbands)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info