Blizzard shuts down Diablo III Auction house

I was actually very, very shocked and surprised to hear that Blizzard was doing this to Diablo III. I thought that the AHs were there to stay and would end up being a cancer that would never be removed from the game and thus be a major obstacle in making it better...I am glad to be proven wrong. Now, that is not to say that Diablo III is going to suddenly become heads and shoulders better than PoE or whatever other game people will compare it to, but that along with their tentatively proposed 'Loot 2.0' talks are promising. I will certainly keep a very healthy dose of caution and not buy into the hype (the launch of the game as well as some poor patches burned and jaded me to the game), but thusfar it seems Blizzard is taking steps to correct flaws.

Granted, not everything so far is getting fixed, and there are still way too many details left unaccounted for, as well as (IMHO) too much reliance on weapon damage and gear being way too mandatory for skills to function properly...we'll see what happens. There needs to be more light shed on how in-game trading will be improved without the AH, if there will be more ways to customize characters, and potentially even skill trees (though I SERIOUSLY doubt this), but so far...steps in the right direction.
Respect Blizz.

http://imgur.com/EX05H5s
Last edited by Anelit on Sep 17, 2013, 9:34:46 PM
"
Anelit wrote:
Respect Blizz.

http://imgur.com/EX05H5s

For the lazy:
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
I always had a feeling that GGG just never had enough money to write a good enough engine for the game. It feels like that the POE engine is just so badly written that desync can never be fixed to a playable level.
Guild #YoloSwag <SWAG>
HSC: SwaglordYolomancerII
Time zone: GMT +8 (Hong Kong)
"
AveiMil wrote:
This fools everyone who thought the Auction House(s) was the downfall of Diablo 3.

sure man agree, now "oh I can't craft.. the loot is bad..."

c'mon this is a "play a lot" game for the love of vaal
Wise words buff -> balance <- nerf , need to happen , deal with it
"
scorpitron wrote:

and to that end i refuse to be duped again...its not like the AH was the only thing that ruined it...in fact i didnt even care about the AH my gripes were much deeper than that.

guess i did it wrong though, when i was done and realized i hated the game i needed to stay on their forums a few more months to remind everyone how much i hated the game and how aweful the community was for disagreeing with me :)

most of my friends who bought it got accounts hacked during their inactivity and got tired of dealing with support so they gave up.

That's probably the wise approach. I'll admit I am quite interested in how they try to fix their issues. Removing the AH, fixing the current issues with trash loot and making better uniques is what most people said was wrong with the game though. So if they actually do a good job of fixing these issues, it might be worth trying again.

Just not something I will pick up day 1. I get the feeling that with Jay Wilson gone these two guys running the show over there now actually get it. In my mind scrapping the AH buys them a lot of cred. I wrote the company off completely, but this makes me at least consider their products again.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info