Blizzard shuts down Diablo III Auction house

"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Hey hey, that's interesting. Now I might consider buying the expansion once it drops to a 3rd of it's release price.

Cute.

You forget its a Blizzard Game.

Diablo 2 is still $89.99

Spoiler
I know it's not really $89.99 anymore (down to $70)
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
There is too much wrong with Diablo 3 for me to ever go back, but the gold AH was never a problem. The real issue is when the gear you find is so unrewarding that you're forced to resort to trading.
[quote="Path of Exile forums"]Draft out of sync.[/quote]
Who gives a sh*t about what Blizzard does? I know I don't.

I want more hints about what GGG is doing!
TY to those who called me out on my BS on these forums. There is no benefit to being so selfish as to fail to acknowledge others' differing beliefs of what "should be" or believe your own opinions so supreme as to be factual and thus dismiss others' opinions as being somehow a lie or delusional.
Last edited by Perfect_Black on Sep 17, 2013, 5:53:36 PM
"
artemis42 wrote:
There is too much wrong with Diablo 3 for me to ever go back, but the gold AH was never a problem. The real issue is when the gear you find is so unrewarding that you're forced to resort to trading.

Emphasis mine.
That's sort of how I feel about PoE right now w/ my mapping characters.
Last edited by shoju on Sep 17, 2013, 5:56:29 PM
"
artemis42 wrote:
The real issue is when the gear you find is so unrewarding that you're forced to resort to trading.

Just like PoE
"
Velocireptile wrote:
"
Lord_of_Error wrote:
Hey hey, that's interesting. Now I might consider buying the expansion once it drops to a 3rd of it's release price.

Cute.

You forget its a Blizzard Game.

Diablo 2 is still $89.99

Spoiler
I know it's not really $89.99 anymore (down to $70)

I didn't forget it's a Blizzard game. You see, I'm that interested in the expansion.
Interesting development. Wonder who made the big decision?

Doubt this will have any major effect on PoE in the short term. Blizzard somehow managing to transform D3 and its expansions into games worthy of the original legacy would be another matter, but with their recent track record, that seems pretty unlikely to say the least. Removing the auction houses (in their current implimentation, anyway) is a big step in the right direction though.

"
Xendran wrote:
"
artemis42 wrote:
The real issue is when the gear you find is so unrewarding that you're forced to resort to trading.

Just like PoE

Yup. Both games could use some major work in this regard.
IGN: KoTao
Welp, casuals shouting for instant gratification are here. Glad that will never happen to PoE.
Not surprised in the least...Blizzard is a shell of the company it once was.

Anyone giving them money should be ashamed of themselves, companies like Blizzard are whats ruining gaming as a whole.
IGN: Ghured
Wow, lots of jaded responses by people who aren't even tying to think of this as a good thing. I've noticed the development of D3 take a turn for the better ever since some of the higher positions within the D3 team got shifted around, the shutting down of the auction house is sort of a best-case natural conclusion to the direction development has taken.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what happens to each community if they replace the auction house with a web-based offline trading system before GGG gets around to implementing one for PoE. I would certainly choose D3 over PoE if they reach all their design goals, primarily because I doubt GGG will ever reduce desync to a level that is on par with other games in this genre.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info