Ranged Attack Totem

As far as I'm informed it does not.
I'm not sure if it benefits from +Max Charges on your character, though, though the only charges it can get are endurance.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:

The totem casts the linked skill for you, using your stats. You get IAS from Frenzy Charges, so the Totem attacks a smidge faster. Correct on that it cannot acquire any Frenzy/Power Charges for its own.

As for +Max Charges passives; passives apply to the character, not the totem. :)
Is there any reason why this gem has much harsher penalties than Spell Totem? (AFAICT Spell Totem doesn't have a casting speed penalty.)
The fact that this gem requires a bow is kind of off-putting :( Why would I need a ranged totem if im ranged myself? It just adds more DPS, not interesting play-styles. Spell totem works with all weapons, it makes no sense at all that ranged attack totem doesnt!
"
sommarlov wrote:
The fact that this gem requires a bow is kind of off-putting :( Why would I need a ranged totem if im ranged myself? It just adds more DPS, not interesting play-styles. Spell totem works with all weapons, it makes no sense at all that ranged attack totem doesnt!
Spells work with all weapons, ranged attacks don't. The totem can't change that.

The totem uses your skills, which are based on your stats, and in the case of attacks, your weapon. If the ranged attack totem could cheat by fire after you changed to a sword and the skill was disabled, it would be applying that sword's damage to it's arrows.
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
I'm not sure if it benefits from +Max Charges on your character, though, though the only charges it can get are endurance.

It does profit from charges. It's easy to check with Frenzy while checking the Character screen on the mounted totem.

*It does profit from your stats = also your charges
*It does NOT generate charges for you.
*I am 80% sure that if you made a Frenzy Range totem AND used Frenzy yourself to gain charges, it would end up giving the full boost of frenzy to the totem. The fact that Totem uses all benefits from ranged skills gives it away. [Like Lighting arrow can chain, Split arrow can split etc.]

I am already on path of exploiting this idea, but will not tell you until it's ready ;) But people will figure it out once they read this text anyway.
hey everyone, wanna know some intresting facts about range totems))
1) if u use in linked sockets split arrow + life lich or life per hit and range totem, amount of hp regened from life lich will applys to you or to totem?
2) Totem use all passives from passive tree? like 30%arrow pierce, hits cant be evaded etc?
3) and how many life will have the totems? on some totems like rejuvernation u can see the hp, but then i do spell totem its not visible... (
4) is anyway to increase totems target seeking range with other sup gems? increase area will effect only active skill i think.

sorry for my english)
Last edited by xphoenx305 on Jan 28, 2013, 10:48:20 AM
1) totem
2) yes
3) there is no information on this, sorry.
4) increased range for totems. there is a passives on grid for this in center of grid, a small/normal node.
more questions )
1) range totem still cant use poison arrow?
2) when i pick passive Ancestral Bond, i can still use traps and remote mines? or it will have no dmg?
1) yes
2) only active hits you the player deals, deals nothing. minions, mines, traps, and non damaging skill effects all still work. currently righteous fire enables damage as it is DoT and currently isn't supported under the "player deals no damage", it'll be fixed eventually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info