Ranged Attack Totem

will poison arrow ever work with this totem? Because that's the only reason i would have to use this. It worked ok on lightning arrow as pointed out above but then i missed out on spamming la myself which pretty much ruined it, and i'm not running two different la gems just for a mediocre totem. Can any dev please address the poison arrow issue?
Does the totem/skill get the benefit of my passives or just strictly the bow stats? If I have additional bow damage passives or critical chance/damage passives, will the totem get the benefit of those buffs?

" ... to let them know the game isn’t going to be very fair from here on out."
- Qarl
Totems should generally use all player stats that aren't Totem-specific, like life or duration.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
llama wrote:
will poison arrow ever work with this totem? Can any dev please address the poison arrow issue?

i really would like to know this as well. right now, it seems to be against the game mechanics, not beeing able to make a combined use of poison arrow and ranged attack totem.
"
yukyuk wrote:
"
llama wrote:
will poison arrow ever work with this totem? Can any dev please address the poison arrow issue?

i really would like to know this as well. right now, it seems to be against the game mechanics, not beeing able to make a combined use of poison arrow and ranged attack totem.

+1

Why can't we use Poison Arrow?
This should be a Dexterity gem... shouldn't it?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Totems are always strength.
It fits from a cultural background, if you think about it.
Their secondary stat is their skill alignment, Int for Spell, Dex for Ranged.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
If totems by their nature are strength based skills, then having a totem that is weapon specific to bows and wands seems rather counter intuitive. It doesn't make logical sense that spell totem is useable by every class with every weapon while ranged attack totem is limited. I understand where you’re coming from when you say you have to meet the weapon type requirements, but surely a rule could be added to this support gem to ignore weapon type. It’s the totem that is doing the doing not the weapon in your hand. Forcing weapon types on a totem (essentially a spell itself) seems like confusing game design to me.

Would it be particularly difficult to add a mod to scale damage accordingly for different weapon types. I understand that different weapons have different damage outputs, and pairing this totem with a fat old two-hander could prove game breaking.

"
Vel6 wrote:
If totems by their nature are strength based skills, then having a totem that is weapon specific to bows and wands seems rather counter intuitive. It doesn't make logical sense that spell totem is useable by every class with every weapon while ranged attack totem is limited. I understand where you’re coming from when you say you have to meet the weapon type requirements, but surely a rule could be added to this support gem to ignore weapon type. It’s the totem that is doing the doing not the weapon in your hand. Forcing weapon types on a totem (essentially a spell itself) seems like confusing game design to me.

Would it be particularly difficult to add a mod to scale damage accordingly for different weapon types. I understand that different weapons have different damage outputs, and pairing this totem with a fat old two-hander could prove game breaking.

Or have it not care about your weapon even one bit, using its own weapon damage; this would give you an additional incentive to level it up.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
does the totem benefit from your charges?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info