Weekend Roccat Races, another 0.11.6 skill preview and Tabula Rasa shirt prototype

this mine is.. (based on what we know now) CRAP

it is a mine - so no possibility to stack it, casting more than one makes no sense (what good is blinding a monster TWICE? they cast at your feet so no ability to cover large area without wasting dps time)

it is a melee buff that requires babysitting - casting AND detonating. it isnt as if melee players have nothing to do between effortlessly and risk-free killing mobs.. oops this is about sporkers

mines will get killed by any and all AOE skills so most probable MO will be - cast/detonate immediately (and die in the process because casting takes some time and can be interrupted.. etc)

meanwhile sporkers just throw lightning mines from safe distance risking nothing..

maybe make 'lightning mine' and 'smoke trap'? so risk/reward is for ONCE on the melee side?

and last but not least - blind (no matter how good it is) is an evasion based defense mechanism that relies on luck and as such works only when extremely stacked and backed up.

i'll try it ofc but somehow see it as another shot that is about to miss the target - make melee viable. just make melee skills grant temp reduced dmg taken! otherwise no matter how you boost survivability ranged will get the same bonus and melee will remain class for masochists/noobs/people with RMT gear
this announcement made me smile , ty GGG <3
"
sidtherat wrote:

it is a mine - so no possibility to stack it, casting more than one makes no sense
I wholeheartedly agree. PoE is in desperate need of more skills that we can blindly spam ad infinitum.
Path of Textile ftw!! lmao
BLAMT!
Does the blinding mean in PvP that the players effected
have their screen goes black
have minimal light radius
make the enemy invisible?

"
Wisdom wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

it is a mine - so no possibility to stack it, casting more than one makes no sense
I wholeheartedly agree. PoE is in desperate need of more skills that we can blindly spam ad infinitum.

current game is based around this type of skills - it is not the skills that are at fault but the mechanics themselves. game rewards spamming one skill -> people are using these skills. doing otherwise is considered gimping yourself

inb4 someone claims that mines are great and this one will not end up being dust collector - how many builds remote mine creates? besides summon zombies/totem shenanigans

remote mine does not fit current metagame and it is not the fault of mine - it is a cool stuff - but current metagame does not need slow-cast, single-use, babysit-need skills
Crowd control is one thing I thought was missing in PoE. This mine is a step in the right direction.

It's kind of a 'I need to get out of here' thing.

But I have to agree with sidtherat on one part. If you are in one of those situations where you need to get out it could be too late when you have to 1)lay the mine and 2)detonate the mine first.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Crowd control is one thing I thought was missing in PoE. This mine is a step in the right direction.

But I have to agree with sidtherat on one part. If you are in one of those situations where you need to get out it could be too late when you have to 1)lay the mine and 2)detonate the mine first.

3) die to spells 4) die to remaining 25% phys hits

if ggg sees it as a melee surv. buff it will either end up being

- to weak to even use as risks are high
- so incredibly overpowered that all players will use it making this game a little more shallow than it is now

make it a trap
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

In that regards, instead of mines, something like bombs should works better?

Yeah.. There should be some keystone nodes that remove traps setup and trigger time... Since, anyway, people are using fire trap as a grenade now, not so much a trap.
Last edited by twintales on Sep 13, 2013, 2:28:06 AM
* edit - wrong button
Last edited by twintales on Sep 13, 2013, 2:27:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info