The secrets/mysteries of RNG cloud and Why you should not ever stop playing after a godly drop. Ep3

I'll add some stories to this hypothesis. I've found 3 exalts till now and 2 of them were dropped in one day - in no more than 2 hours of gameplay. One was from a dock skeleton in cruel level while I was playing my very underachieving Discharge Templar(dies 1 in average 3 runs). Another one was from a dock chest in merciless level while I was playing my FP Scion. Interestingly these are not my characters with good farming speed/magic find, even the opposite.

And the story continued when I spent 2.5 ex buying things moments later...
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
"
AnaLoGMunKy wrote:
I started a new char in the Anarchy league and got a gcp at lvl 5. The other day I just got a gcp on my Ranger just as I started merciless. I have found about 5-6 uniques in the hundreds of hours and bunch of chars I have. Im not surprised nor bothered by this, its more uniques than I ever found in D2 or 3.

I suspect confirmation bias because lets face it, people really, really wanna see those patterns and most people on here will just dredge up those bunch of occasions where luck was high and then attribute that to RnGod being "special" to them.

Burst bubble time! RnGod doesnt exist, it doesnt care about you, it is full of wrath, he smites the unworthy and your all going to receive less drops for questioning him. I hope this clears things up.

Santa doesn't have much of a sense of humor so he's gonna be REALLY pissed at you.
Hmmm i just got 2x volls chest then 2x quilrain farming some piety casualy

vendored other quill 50% PS

the cloud be with me.
IGN: "Tezetes" / "Mesku"
---

---
>PM ME IF I WIN< cant always keep track of threads :)
I had to check in on the RNG cloud as I definitely have been experiencing it. Over the course of map runs in a fairly short span I have had:

3 Zahndethus':
Spoiler

2 Stone of Lahzewar in a span of 3 maps
Spoiler

As far as good RNG I did get 2
Spoiler

A few other notes: The Coward's Trial Unique map is guaranteed to drop a unique at the end. It bestowed upon me one of my Zahndethus' to add to the pile. It seems like an interesting way to confirm RNG cloud theory. Although I suggest doing it after a better unique. I seem stuck in low level unique hell personally.

Another thing I have noticed is when crafting, rolling alterations seems very prone to producing the same mod over and over when you do it quickly. Somehow getting a single resist on a weapon will keep getting that same crap roll of a single resist, though I've also seen it step through levels of an affix. IE: the same affix but a higher range each time. Although I have no proof or way to confirm, it makes me feel like whatever method they use to RNG is possibly modifying the previous roll based on the clock or some other number thats prone to being incremental. I've seen far more streaks of bad rolls than good. If for whatever reason you are say in a low streak any multiplicative change has less of a difference than if you were at a high point.

I would like to see some more investigation of rolling items continuously.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
The tinfoil is funny, but you need to remember something.

A computer cannot generate a random number. There is a set algorithm that takes an input and modifies it to yield a different number. The input is usually based on the time or a certain action will increment it.

This was highly exploitable in Final Fantasy 7 chocobo breeding. The random number started from the same point every time the game was loaded, and it didnt even use any clock to increment. The RNG was based on the number of steps your character took since the save was loaded. If you took the same number of steps the result would always be identical. Want a different outcome..take extra steps.

Why do you think they will not say how rarity or any of the loot drops work or the odds on them? It potentially opens it up to being exploited.
"
Fatalflaw wrote:

A computer cannot generate a random number. There is a set algorithm that takes an input and modifies it to yield a different number. The input is usually based on the time or a certain action will increment it.

I know. Though the input could be based on some hash of time & game state. You can even pull from thermal data.

"

This was highly exploitable in Final Fantasy 7 chocobo breeding. The random number started from the same point every time the game was loaded, and it didnt even use any clock to increment. The RNG was based on the number of steps your character took since the save was loaded. If you took the same number of steps the result would always be identical. Want a different outcome..take extra steps.

Old games are funny like that :). They were so limited that some of their algorithms were just sloppy. I'd expect something more robust on anything modern, though.

"

Why do you think they will not say how rarity or any of the loot drops work or the odds on them? It potentially opens it up to being exploited.

They also don't say what the new vendor recipes are. It lets them tinker with the odds, too.

Random numbers are intrinsically streaky. We're all vulnerable to seeing a biased RNG when there isn't one. I know I've had my share of thinking my D6's in whatever board game were unfair, because I'd have rolled like four 1's in a row or something. Then you test them, and everything is fine. It turns out that streaks just happen like that. And they happen pretty often.

It's actually pretty interesting.
Best I ever got was 2 exalts drop on the same day :>
RNG is chaos. Oh and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!
"
RNG is chaos. Oh and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair!

:D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info