105 min TURBO just sucks so hard as Signature Race

"
Hilbert wrote:
"
Merveil's dangerous damage in turbo is her melee hit.. but not when your cold resist is 0. Being frozen is pretty dangerous with those swords (Merveil's) flying around.

Heavy Strike but sometimes it's annoying that merveil ends up knocked into walls.

Dude, take your pills and read balance changes sometime.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Better educate yourself and get a job instead of Visaing and Mastercardinging things in Europe you would be dead for a long time because you would never get a credit.

The fix isn't working because of unsynchronity.

"
So no, my problem is not that I use AoE on a boss ;). Your problem, on the other hand, if you cannot use the weapons that you want, is your build/"path".

No it's a balance Problem

"
So no, my problem is not that I use AoE on a boss ;). Your problem, on the other hand, if you cannot use the weapons that you want, is your build/"path".

The mara just isn't fine because it 10 Str only got moved to the Regen node so you can wear a tribal at level 8.

Because I don't do skillquests in short races and later in longer races you can't use the items at the correct level if you have bad luck.

I got no problem as Templar or Duelist!

That's why my build goes to dmgnodes dexint node Attackspeed str, life life progress to the 2 life nodes

This way I reduce the dependance on certain items for quiet a long time because I can wear Axes Swords and Staves too.

And the first Hybridgear I can't wear is at level 17/18 which means really bad luck if you haven't found any Stateq.
Last edited by Hilbert on Sep 7, 2013, 10:02:49 AM
Nvm doublepost

Last edited by Hilbert on Sep 7, 2013, 10:02:42 AM
"
Hilbert wrote:
Better educate yourself and get a job instead of Visaing and Mastercardinging things in Europe you would be dead for a long time because you would never get a credit.

"
boof wrote:
"
Hilbert wrote:

I chuckled :D.

Hilbert, as soon as you hit Versatility and Butchery, you can use all gear (except int gear ofc) for the rest of the race unless you deliberately avoid the pure dex nodes staring right at you. If you want to follow a different path, yes, you will need stat eq at some point if you want to wear, e.g., Infantry Brigandines. Your call. I don't see any balance issue. Not in normal and not in turbo.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Sep 7, 2013, 6:39:39 PM
Like I said you are forced to take escape routes. Where are infinity build possibilities if 50% of inner routes don't make it possible that you use a mallet at level 12 or a sledgehammer at 17.

40 != 47

"
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAxthYY3uMIQIq9iFVOQ4x-9w9UFCMz_ZI

Situation at level 13 looks like that.

If you didn't take the 2 6 life nodes before you fight merv you don't have do wonder why merv is kicking your ass in Turbo. The 12% life have a bigger help than the 15 Life you get from 3 Str nodes.

Situation at 2h melee Templar at level 13
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREcop0D1SpaBRNBLPwH6IAMolX4uw4d-U=

What if Scenario Duelist would go 2h melee str based. Basically really similar situation to the Templar.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gd3jXznKkITZZU1HfqmUkGyHamEhhO8=

But as far you are looking at Str based items it stops at the Jadechopper the duelist can use at level 9.
After that due duelists go towards acceleration and speed mods.

And yes I am showing level 13! The Mara is an STR ONLY class, meaning he should be able to wear starter EQ no matter which part he takes it might look different at level 22 but the first 20 levels there mustn't be a problem with items of choice.
This is a major flaw of the Mara tree.

Before Trolls Blood gave 10 Str you even sacrificed one skill point to the outer tree to be able to wear a Tribal Maul!
It's a 10 str issue only and that's the big problem here.
50% of the inner paths end up with 40str at level 12 and 60 str at level 17. After that you usueally end up on highways end collect str node after str node.

If heart of the Gladiator would give 20 Str again that would be a different story it would be fine till sledgehammer. I told that Chris that it has to give 20 Str right after the Mara patch but it looks like either he forgot it or it got ignored.

"
Hilbert wrote:
If you didn't take the 2 6 life nodes before you fight merv you don't have do wonder why merv is kicking your ass in Turbo. The 12% life have a bigger help than the 15 Life you get from 3 Str nodes.

If you didn't take one addition str node before you fight Merveil you don't have to wonder why you cannot use the gear you want. The upgraded weapon is a bigger help than the 6% life.

Whatever man. I give up. I see no balance issue, only a player who refuses to change his build. Your example build looks more like "how to hit lvl 13 and not get any str".
There are far more ways which end up at 40 Str!
In fact 50% of the builds inner path builds end up at 40 str, if you don't see that you are blind.

Your argument is simply:"lol just take the other path noob"

I could use the same argument:"lol turbo merv ez l2p"

And there is only one type of 2h str only weapon, that why it's essential to have some int/dex so you can use longswords, bastard swords, primitive staffs, long staffs.
There is a big chance you won't have a mallet at level 12.

Cleavers have no issue because they get spoonfed with 2 weapon types.
Str Dex Hybrids got 2 weapon types.
The nature of the tree allows them to use 3 1h types and 5 2h types.

Basically the only fucked up classes are the one Attribute classes.
Maras only have maces.
Rangers have only bows/dex only swords.
Witches can't even attempt anything else but caster because they have no off attribute node.

Basically each class is forced to take the off attribute nodes.

And guess what would happen if the witch had an off attribute node?
Yes you got it right. Ele Cleave witch ftw!

- I suggest that there is a vendor issue. You turn it into a discussion of class balance. I am not concerned with the items that boost you that a vendor might have (ms boots, as gloves), but the ones that they usually have and, when they don't, you are slowed down enough that your hopes of doing well disappear. You cannot build your character such that it is fail proof in those situations and expect to do well in a signature race. Imagine if Nessa had no affordable iron rings nor coral rings at lvl 1 (only blue ones). Rerolling would be the best choice = not cool.

- I don't what is your "only type of 2h str only weapon". I see mace and axe. Both can be used with Sweep and Leap Slam. One is for Cleave, the other for GS. Alright? Yes! If you get dex/int you also have one more for each, swords/staves.

- You compare the availability of off attribute nodes for a pure class with the availablity of class attribute nodes of a hybrid class (duelist/templar). When you compare marauder to witch and ranger you will see that the availability of off-nodes is the same (as ranger) or better (than witch). Alright? Yes!

- You point with a cleave witch is only slightly valid. The witch does not have any nodes that boost her potential cleave dmg (like every other class has).

Last edited by Hassefar60 on Sep 8, 2013, 3:49:08 PM
My issue isn't Tribal Maul or Jade Chopper.(Yes that one needs no dex and the other 2 types need less)
My issue is Mallet, Woodsplitter etc. Level 12-13.

If you take certain nodes you are fine till level 18.

Actually a witch makes a pretty good cleaver.

1st mule Dualstrike and Cleave.
2nd Mule Icenova

Level 5
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CSwY6-ES0=

There are 3 possible ways to pull it off:
Pure Lightbase:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CSwY6-ES18g836uJNirKFt1p0MfRB_xp6nCNrdMtGD9x8Cfq92EQQHl5WX9FJTPV8VUA==

Templarinvasion:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CSwY6-ES18g2KsoW3Wnc36uJMMfRB_xp4y0UVHtQRdxqcI2t0VUEbX7SDhc4uMn988Be98

Shockclever:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMA37CSwY6-ES18g2KsoW3Wnc36uJMMfRB_xp6nCNrdFVCPRoFJsjhmT9DQz2VVxhZvm6Fnve5v9Ok=

2 are low life but AOE.
1 is higher Life, no AOE and Shockbased.

If you do enough runs you find dex/str items and can pull it off.
Imo it is more effective than a eledmg based mara cleaver.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info