105 min TURBO just sucks so hard as Signature Race

"
indczn wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hassefar60 wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:
Id like to see future signatures be mostly or completely fixed (maps, loot, monsters, the works). Those disliking the lack of randomness would still have plenty of it available in every other race mode.

I could definitely live with that but do the maps also have to be revealed? Is finding your way through the dungeon/labyrinth/wilderness not a part of the game?

For signature races, I vote for "completely" fixed but unrevealed maps (new seed every race of course), fixed white/blue ratios, densities etc. Loot is abit more difficult.

But I would very much appreciate it if, e.g., Sapphire rings were always available in races. Getting past Merveil in a turbo race in which Nessa did not have a single sapphire ring at lvl 11, 12, 13 and 14 was pretty difficult. At level 15 she had three sapphire rings. Great! Only lost 10 minutes.. (and I had seen no blue gems except that one quest reward which I did not take. Perhaps I should start doing that again. Don't know if one sapphire ring is enough in turbo though.)

You should be able to tank even with crappy cold resist with decent life and large flasks (lvl 14). While a sapphire makes it easier, its not necessary. Last race had good life (for a witch), 4 small flasks, but no cold resist and it was tolerable.

It was turbo. Played melee marauder. Had two life nodes, two corals, leather belt. I tried with 0 cold resist. I got destroyed. I did not find it possible to kill her on turbo with 0 cold resist. What difference does it make that you can do it with large life flasks (I am not sure you can) when you are only lvl 12 when you get there??

I would like to see you do turbo merveil with only small life flasks and no cold resist.

"
boof wrote:
Spoiler
"
indczn wrote:
[
but there are nuances on every map that indicate which map it is, including direction the entrance door faces, layout/shape of the initial room and impassible terrain and also the outer border. I don't believe there are any layouts that are similar enough that the landmark objectives can't be identified before you have to take a wrong turn, even the aforementioned submerged.

Please share these nuances for the prison levels. After all the races I've done I still don't know what is going on in there most of the time. If could reliably navigate them it'd be an immediate 2-4 minutes shaved off all my races.
I also have a knack for always picking the route in tidal island that takes me about 300 degrees around before getting to Hailrake.

Prison is harder to navigate in than most other areas, I agree. There are small things I recognise, but far less than in Submerged Passage and Caverns.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Sep 5, 2013, 5:57:12 PM
"
boof wrote:
"
indczn wrote:
[
but there are nuances on every map that indicate which map it is, including direction the entrance door faces, layout/shape of the initial room and impassible terrain and also the outer border. I don't believe there are any layouts that are similar enough that the landmark objectives can't be identified before you have to take a wrong turn, even the aforementioned submerged.

Please share these nuances for the prison levels. After all the races I've done I still don't know what is going on in there most of the time. If could reliably navigate them it'd be an immediate 2-4 minutes shaved off all my races.
I also have a knack for always picking the route in tidal island that takes me about 300 degrees around before getting to Hailrake.

I don't think you need the help :)
All I gotta say on the prison is that its more knowing the dead ends than the correct path and that my build relies on the prison for XP to make the brutus --> coves level jump.
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

It was turbo. Played melee marauder. Had two life nodes, two corals, leather belt. I tried with 0 cold resist. I got destroyed. I did not find it possible to kill her on turbo with 0 cold resist. What difference does it make that you can do it with large life flasks (I am not sure you can) when you are only lvl 12 when you get there??

Really? I thought we were talking about LACTIF in the 105 min TURBO thread.

And your post suggests you screwed around til level 15, otherwise you really shouldn't be checking nessa until then to find out she screwed you over that badly.
I really really enjoy the signature this season. It's the perfect length in my opinion, the good players can get to Sarn with 15-25 minutes remaining, and everyone else will be left in the dust farming Sins.

Also the point for reaching certain level isn't any worse than it was for last season's descent race. Only a few people in certain classes will ever reach the top reward, which is a little unfair in my opinion, but over the course of a season with high competition and participation, level 30 is feasible for duelists and maybe marauders for an insane run.

My real problem with this season is it just feels like a filler season. No one at all is impressed with the rewards chosen. The art is great, but the items are not inspiring. There is no new demi, only a change in flavor text. The lack of participation from top players is a real bummer, though I think most of that is attributed to Kripp not playing this season. I hate to say it, but as much as I disliked Descent as a competitive race, I think something like that may be needed next season to get people interested again. I think there is a nice sweet spot between new cool race and balanced competitive race that can be reached, and I think it needs to happen for the full release race season, or the few players that are still racing at the top will start to fall off as well.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
"

I would like to see you do turbo merveil with only small life flasks and no cold resist.

As somebody who goes mara to escape the cleave madness I can tell you it is possible to do her without cold rings.
Given following circumstances
You have at last 1 TP or a good weapon ~45 dmg.
You have 2 medium life potions or magic blues
You have a chestplate.

Merveils dangerous damage in turbo is the melee hit. You should be to able to dodge icespears.

I had an impossible merv once in S2 TF where I had the epic luck of no currency and potion at all and I posted a picture me having 1 charge left at merc.

"
and maybe marauders for an insane run.

Lol yeah if you find ondars clasp and go cleave-.-
"
Hilbert wrote:

Lol yeah if you find ondars clasp and go cleave-.-

Idk I had an OK run weapons wise and I hit 28. Seems feasible to have top ipd roll weapons all race long and get 30.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
God I am happy that there will be 2 Descent races tomorrow.
"
indczn wrote:
Spoiler
"
Hassefar60 wrote:

Really? I thought we were talking about LACTIF in the 105 min TURBO thread.

And your post suggests you screwed around til level 15, otherwise you really shouldn't be checking nessa until then to find out she screwed you over that badly.

Sorry! Of course we are talking turbo in this thread.
I guess bosses are just random on turbo. I really got destroyed by her melee hits and cold snaps within a few seconds. Just getting past her energy shield seemed impossible . Perhaps if I had had an abundance of portal scrolls I would have gone for it. Had mediocre gear except that I only had a white chopper. And I was lvl 12!!

The reason my post suggests I "screwed around" until level 15 is that I farmed Coves from 12 to 15 trying to get at least some cold resist. I was at Merveil the first time at lvl 12.

@Hilbert I don't know how you do merveil or how you play marauder.. but clearly different than me. I always go cleave ;). And I always have what you listed. I guess bosses are just random. Merveil or Brutus can on turbo consume a tp in a second.. and sometimes you don't even need one.
And I can assure you, Merveil's dangerous damage in turbo is her melee hit.. but not when your cold resist is 0. Being frozen is pretty dangerous with those swords (Merveil's) flying around.
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Sep 6, 2013, 2:27:50 PM
"
Merveil's dangerous damage in turbo is her melee hit.. but not when your cold resist is 0. Being frozen is pretty dangerous with those swords (Merveil's) flying around.

Heavy Strike but sometimes it's annoying that merveil ends up knocked into walls.

Your problem is that you use AoE on a boss.

Cleave is good for the second form but so is Ground Slam and Sweep.

But as melee you need dual strike, Heavy Strike, Double Strike, Infernal Blow or Double strike.

My Merv time on maras in Turbo belongs to the best players the problem I have comes after merv in lvl 18-20 areas where I need a new weapon and without an amber amulent I can't even wear a white mallet/Sledgehammer which is a massive designflaw on mara because Templars and Duelists can wear those item without escaping their path.

The Attack Speed Bonus and lack of elemental damage reduction makes cleave stronger in A2.
I was not being very precise. I use heavy strike on merveil of course. I meant that I use cleave from lvl 1 to 10.

So no, my problem is not that I use AoE on a boss ;). Your problem, on the other hand, if you cannot use the weapons that you want, is your build/"path".
Last edited by Hassefar60 on Sep 6, 2013, 4:59:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info