One-week "Resistance Penalty Testing" Hardcore Ladder Race

I somehow welcome this change very much but I think that without a decent PST change marauders just got another big (race) advantage. I can't see any of my witch builds succeeding in this but I will try it for the love of beta testing. :)
How is it that marauders just got a big race advantage, considering the builds most vulnerable to elemental damage are actual melee builds? If you meant GS marauders in particular, then I can understand.
Marauders have one of the few resistance nodes right at the beginning and I'm sure it will be easy to pick up those nodes next to vaal pact.
That resistance node completely makes up for the increased risk of -75% resists, right, when templars and witches or rangers can spam from a distance or use meatshields?
"
Morsexier wrote:
Increase my killing power aye? Lets do it!
If I play this one I will get less HP, less resists and more damage, just get hit less and it wont even matter. A bunch of cheeky people made me increase my HP to over 2000 (MADNESS)! But this time I wont listen to their sweet talk. Getting more HP is equivalent to cheating and makes the game too easy, especially for evasion characters.

Option 8, I choose you!:
"
Chris wrote:
Choosing to not have maxed resistances, just as some characters choose to not max their armour or evasion, and instead focus on hitting harder.
In a race the first difficulties are most difficult. And yeah they get almost 30 resistances for just 7 points.
I am just saying that the right side of the tree needs some of those nodes.

"
when templars and witches or rangers can spam from a distance or use meatshields?

Do you mean I am forced to go this way?

Edit: Okay, so as a CI build that chose to suffer most from status ailments in the first place and not having nice evasion/armor without good equipment I now also choose to get obliterated by fire damage/burning? ;) I like the challenge and will make the best out of it. But some balance would be nice (a.k.a. I want to see others suffer too).
Last edited by Spacke on Sep 20, 2012, 8:40:04 AM
Well if you're playing a templar, witch or ranger in a race, and you're not playing ranged or with meatshields, what exactly are you doing?

(edit: Oh, yes, I'd agree that other classes should have extra resist nodes now, but even the marauder should get extra ones in that case, those resist nodes were there before resist penalties, because of balancing and the risk of melee)
"
Flab wrote:
Well if you're playing a templar, witch or ranger in a race, and you're not playing ranged or with meatshields, what exactly are you doing?
2H Acrobatics melee ranger

EDIT:
With low hp, Vaal Pact & only diamond flasks
Last edited by Metronomy on Sep 20, 2012, 8:41:42 AM
"
Flab wrote:

Since when is the templar mainly a ranged/necro type of character? And since when do we have the philosophy that certain classes are bound to one or two builds?
Specifying one or two oddball builds does not make up for the vast majority of people who DO use these classes for their main abilities.

Look at the skilltree if you don't believe me.

Metronomy, I admire and respect that you play a risky build like that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info