One-week "Resistance Penalty Testing" Hardcore Ladder Race

"
Chris wrote:
"
Septile wrote:
Now I'm tempted to help kraitlyn just so I can keep my gear options open.

IF only Oak wasn't a massive pain in the ass.

Tomorrow's patch makes Alira harder.

"Damn that Oak, he's too powerful!"

"Don't worry, we will make you forget Oak by making Alira overpowered"

This is what I read :P
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
How will large will the resistance penanties be?

Like -10 in cruel, -30 ruthless and -50 in merciless.
Or something like -20, -50 and -100?

Or will ruthless and merciless have the same penalty since the final game will only have 3 difficulties.

Will it include chaos resists?

Can we have an additional Cut Throat Test, that isn't on low level and ends up in spamming Spawnpoints?

Any chance to implement something so only people doing hard maps getting higher level maps?
This is just so frustrating to get stuck at level 60-62 with the hardest mods possible and other players having luck with simple mods like resistances and maze.

"
Now I'm tempted to help kraitlyn just so I can keep my gear options open.

IF only Oak wasn't a massive pain in the ass.

Would be more tempting if it also offered something like +2/+3 max resists. +8 resists is just nothing if high level rares already offer +30-40 resists

"
Oh Chris you sly dog, you're bringing back old memories of resist stacking in D2

Despite in D2 you never needed full resists, 25-50 were fine resists.
Mlebs in 1.09 were bugged high damagers killing you even with 95% resists the Febug did 4k damage on Nm and over 10k on hell even they fixed it for hell shortly after it was discovered.
The only leftover of hard damage were conviction souls with multiple enchantments and for that you just used absorbtion items.
There were bugged tombvipers that did hard damage once you walked into invisible clouds but nobody did the quest anyway.

Hillbert:

"
We're going to introduce additive elemental resistance penalties of:

Normal: 0%
Cruel: -25%
Ruthless: -50%
Merciless: -75%

Original post has a link to this information
I foresee many many more deaths to Vaal.

The "to All resist" mod is suddenly going to become a LOT more needed and may actually need buffing.

I actually hope Psyk and Panda stick with their old builds for this race. It would be neat to see if they can still be nearly as tanky.
I'm BACK :)
Ah thank you I thought it was the standard text.

"

More Maraudeur and duelist deaths in ruthless is my bet.

It's really not a big deal for other characters to pop in a topaz flask.

My build only needs slight modifications to do elem weakness maps since 125% is quiet much, I don't really see problems with a 75% penalty.
100% in merciless would be quiet challenging.

Still not a real motivation to participate map drops are still a pure frustation.
I don't really care about chisel drop rates I want higher level maps with a high chance once I do hard maps. :(
Wow trying to kill us Chris?

Not only do you have a 1 week race less than a week after the other one, but now you going to drop resists on us by -75%? Damn maybe I'm a masochist but I like it.

Would be funny if I don't die in this one.
In this race will be lot of deaths :D
http://path-of-exile.pl Polska strona

http://poestatistics.com Ladder statistics
There surely will be a lot of deaths, but is it worth it? For me it's not....
"
Coldet wrote:

The "to All resist" mod is suddenly going to become a LOT more needed and may actually need buffing.

I actually hope Psyk and Panda stick with their old builds for this race. It would be neat to see if they can still be nearly as tanky.

Is it possible to get information about their 'old builds' somewhere?

Anyway..looking forward for next race!
"
Balron wrote:
Spoiler
"
Coldet wrote:

Is it possible to get information about their 'old builds' somewhere?

Sadly these guys have been very secretive about their builds or they just don't know how to post them - LOLOLOLOL
I'm BACK :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info