Season Four, Event 18: 1 Hour Endless Ledge

Got Sadima in first zone, should have done much better. Then got weapon elemental damage with about 15 minutes left. Best RNG I've had in a while.

Got a killer 2nd ledge this time, hidden elem weak / coldsnap elementals + fireball and spark goats + witches + elemental melee skeletons. Took 15 mins to clear and i couldnt even rush it due to the risk of getting instantly obliterated by elementals or getting 2-3 shot my pretty much anything under elem weak.

Still managed lvl17 even with the huge 2nd ledge time loss and terrible gear (white shortbow + quiver until 12, and no off weapon damage aside from 1 iron ring) and didnt perish, so i suppose it could have been worse.

Modes good fun. Endgame version pl0x!~
IGN: KoTao
"
t_golgari wrote:
"
fab83700 wrote:
3 die level 5 ...

what the fuck with the second ledge ?! we come lvl 3 without gear and fight against awful mobs
(first die : elite blackguard + elite tentacle miscreation + rhoas ... seriously ?!)

Me too, I did not die, but was slow as a snail.

Tried with Bowranger, not a chance. You just dont find any gear, bows are to rare, and short bow is not what you need anyways.

And the desync... Once found my mouse in my wife bedroom because I was desynced so hard...

Anyways, 4 points, and I am not a good racer in the first place. And I had fun, which is most important!

i found about 6-7 rare bows ;D and i did not need any of them -.-

to the race: was a lot of fun, my first race so far. But i have to agree, sometimes the monster packs where terrible.
really looking forward to the next endless ledge, or another race i can find time to play. :)
lol whaaaaat

I died 12 minutes in... I guess the competition did as well?

But time for a little fireside chat GGG...
The mode is great, and even putting aside the potentially very angering issue of being unable to upgrade your potions, there is one giant problem.
That problem is exploders, particularly in the early few instances.

The damage they do, and the pack sizes they come in make them virtually unmanageable, primarily because of desync, and secondarily because of the damage.
On my first run, I was in the third zone. It spawned with western forest exploders. I had TWO corals, essentially doubling what hitpoints one would expect to have around this point. Each exploder was hitting for over half my health.
Imagine if one were to encounter (and I'm sure people do) this at 1 or even no corals. Please look into balancing the damage these mobs do at early levels. I wouldn't be surprised if their damage doesn't even scale down properly to account for the lower level zone.

Getting these in the early zones is an immediate race ender, unless somehow by the grace of whatever god you worship you choose to run by everything and don't desync trip even once. Ironically, this is exactly what I did on my second run, as I got exploders on my second and again third zones. The third being double exploders (western + squids). This may serve as a direct counter to the argument I'm trying to make, but I implore you to take a look at these monsters. I'm all for challenge, but the amount of finesse required to somehow legitly get by early zones with exploders is simply no supported by the game's current net code state.
Died twice but still got to level 17. Wish i hadnt wasted that time though :(

Items:
Spoiler

Cleaver found with about 4 minutes left. Wish i had it longer
Whoever designed this race is batshit insane. RNG is already pretty bad even in normal races but it's even worst in this one.
Z0MG wheres muh demi !!111... Seriously though why u dont get demis for winning ledge events? Not that it matters to me just wondering why?
Last edited by OOOXOO on Sep 2, 2013, 9:15:57 PM
"
OOOXOO wrote:
Z0MG wheres muh demi !!111... Seriously though why u dont get demis for winning ledge events? Not that it matters to me just wondering why?
probably because theyre biggest rng fest this game has ever seen.
My first race, got 49.
Pretty fun, I think I'll keep playing races this season.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info