Client.exe has stopped working. Crashed out of map, then crash whenever rejoin tp

I just encountered this bug in the lv61 thicket map. I was doing the map with my claw witch and a tri-curse summoner witch. While running the map, I suddenly got crashed and saw "Client.exe has stopped working." After restarting the client, I rejoined the tp in the eternal lab and crashed again. Crashing after entering the tp happened repeatedly. This was the first time I encountered this issue after 100+ hrs.

Map details:
lv61 Thicket Map
-Area inhabited by skeletons
-20.5 chaos dmg/s
26% quantity of items

I have no clue if this is a related issue, but after giving up entering the map I entered the lab to start a new map. I decided not to run the map and went back to the forest encampment. Upon clicking the waypoint, I crashed with the same message.

edit: okay nvm i found out why. I wanted to listen to the new sound so i took off the --nosound line on my shortcut. that resulted in crashing frequently. that's strange because i have realtek
Starting from scratch in open beta.
Last edited by dsifu on Sep 17, 2012, 5:53:52 PM
Okay update, it's still crashing. The --nosound had nothing to do with the problem.

I think this has something to do with the new patch though, because I never encountered this issue prior to the patch today.

edit: also, once this map crash occurs and i create new instances of the eternal lab (or go to any other instance outside town like old fields etc.) and go back to the forest encampment, I get crashed again.

i tried returning to act 1, then leaving to terraces. I also crashed on the loading screen of terraces.

I decided to change characters, then leave the forest encampment and come back. I stopped crashing. When I switched back to my original character who created the map, I stopped crashing upon re-entering the forest encampment after leaving to old fields. I was able to get into my map without crashing.

Map details:

lv60 Grotto
-Players have elemental equilibrium
-20% increased monster movement speed/23% increased monster attack speed/24% increased monster cast speed
-47% more items

I didn't use any skills or anything during this incident. All I did was run around normally.
Last edited by dsifu on Sep 17, 2012, 8:24:07 PM
It sounds like your pack file has become corrupted, but we can't be sure without you running the Pack Check - Look for the Pack Check thread at the top of this forum, and see if following the instructions brings up any error messages?
Balance & Design
No errors came up.

It went back to my install directory after it finished in the cmd prompt.
I'm afraid our office day is over now, but I'll pass this on to be looked at tomorrow.
Balance & Design
My Client have start crashing after latest patch, G, Ancient Pyramid and Dry Penninsula or whatever the maps called :) Crashed twice in the last 2h of playing. Im pretty sure it has nothing to do with the maps tough.
Same here - crashes everywhere.
originally posted this in the X-Fi bug report thread but it doesn't seem to be connected to that.

"
played for about an hour with latest patch 0.9.12.h and had 6 crashes within that time.

I played Co-op on Fellshrine and everytime i tried to port back from town to fellshrine the game would crash regardless whether it was my own portal or someone elses.
Once i restarted the game the same portal that caused the crash would then let me port successfully.

Running beta drivers and "--nosound" so probably not soundcard related.

EDIT: make that 8 crashes in 70 minutes. And it is indeed everytime i try to port back from town to fellshrine.

EDIT2: does not occur when not playing in a party!
Looking over the crash reports, some are caused by something we're going to fix in 0.9.12i, which should be coming soon. Others are caused by a graphics glitch that we're still looking in to - Some people have reported that it doesn't happen as frequently if you delete the Minimap folder, found in My Documents/My Games/Path of Exile
Balance & Design
Last edited by Rory on Sep 18, 2012, 10:52:37 PM
I get the "client.exe" message as soon as I try to load the game. I've gotten it every stress test and have been unable to play yet.

Mike

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info