Diablo 3 already started killing PoE

"
exorzist wrote:
its not a question that poe "IS" in fact dying ... i mean look at the activity and twitch viewers 6 months ago, and look at it now ... its dying

if you really deny it then you are just ignoring it because you dont want your game to die .. but it is ...

I read this post in a little kid's voice. It made me chuckle. 'Waaah waaaah it's dying how do you dare to say something else!'. Desperate D3 fanboi is desperate.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Moonyu wrote:
I miss key lime pie.

Kitkat for you good sir.
Last edited by Bobbyblind on Sep 6, 2013, 4:21:21 PM
I'm not so sure D3 is killing POE but it's, more or less, shooting itself in the foot...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792930515

I watched the Blizz vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOZStcQ23E) on the preview of the whole xpan thing. Eh... it's gothic (not bad, I like gothic but if done right), the new main baddie is Death - how original... no paragon ceiling, oh and you can take paragon points and add them to your other toons and improve their base stats I believe. Hmmm... reminiscent of D2 or other games...??? Maybe they're just trying to salvage this game and try to place D2 elements in it like it was supposed to be from the very beginning - I don't know...

Remember kids, most gaming companies today are big mega corps looking to make a buck. The days of getting a great game are becoming rarer and rarer... Even some smaller gaming companies that have made great games have sold their souls to the corporate devil for the almighty $$ :

Trion ring any bells. Yes Rift was great in the beginning and then Trion got greedy and now they put out mostly shit.

Blizz North gave us great stuff now we get shit.

I love the EQ franchise but after looking at one of SOE's other games, thinking it would be great as well, I just sighed... I can't help but wonder if EQ Next will be a great game or follow in the ill-fated footsteps of so many sequels.

Morrowind was great, Oblivion was good and Skyrim is just garbage; from an RPG gamer point of view, they watered down the game so much from the original mechanics the only thing going for it is the graphics... I am so hesitant of how TES online will turn out, I am still recovering from shell shock as to how horrific the next game turned out.

KOTOR I and KOTOR II were GREAT!! OMMFG!! How they destroyed The Old Republic :o :(

Ok, enough ranting for a while :)
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
Last edited by Udja on Sep 6, 2013, 8:40:33 PM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:
its not a question that poe "IS" in fact dying ... i mean look at the activity and twitch viewers 6 months ago, and look at it now ... its dying

if you really deny it then you are just ignoring it because you dont want your game to die .. but it is ...

Whats a Twitch?

Spoiler

Spoiler

The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
Udja wrote:
I'm not so sure D3 is killing POE but it's, more or less, shooting itself in the foot...

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9792930515

you should actually read the posts in the thread. it is explained why console loot has to be so much better then the pc version. additionally, the console version has already some features of the upcoming loot 2.0 implemented, which will be delivered for the pc version as a free patch probably after blizzcon.

"
Udja wrote:

I watched the Blizz vid (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrOZStcQ23E) on the preview of the whole xpan thing. Eh... it's gothic (not bad, I like gothic but if done right), the new main baddie is Death - how original... no paragon ceiling, oh and you can take paragon points and add them to your other toons and improve their base stats I believe.

not entirely true. you should do your research before claiming the idea of "Death" is unoriginal. you do not fight death in reaper of souls .. nobody knows who the end boss will be. the trailer just showed that the former Angel of Wisdom, who now is the Archangel of Death was after the Black Soulstone ... but if you watched closely you wouldve noticed that Malthael spared Tyrael's life. ... so there is much more going on than just one bad guy going around killing everyhing ... its not as simple as you try to put out here. in fact, the story of Malthael is quite complex ... again, do your research if you are interested.

regarding paragon levels; you are not only able to put paragon points into your main stats, but also put points in things like, movement speed, crit chance, cooldown reduction, magic find etc etc etc ... and yes, there is no cap anymore to paragon levels. the more you play, the more you get rewarded ... and paragon points are account wide now ...

anyway nice try to bash d3 but d3 will get fuckin awesome once loot 2.0 patch is out and even more awesome and probably will have the same effect to d3 what LoD had to d2, when RoS is out ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
Last edited by exorzist on Sep 6, 2013, 9:34:30 PM
Some good news! I don't have to give up alcohol completely now that I am a type 2 diabetic. Not that I drink much anyway. But now I can finish off my bottle of bourbon. Thought you would all like to know.
"
exorzist wrote:

anyway nice try to bash d3 but d3 will get fuckin awesome once loot 2.0 patch is out and even more awesome and probably will have the same effect to d3 what LoD had to d2, when RoS is out ...

But Blizzard North is dead (like actually dead, not your wishful thinking dead regarding PoE), how can you be so sure about RoS being as good as LoD? Don't understand how people can be that hyped about a Blizzard game after what happened with vanilla D3.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
"
Moonyu wrote:
Some good news! I don't have to give up alcohol completely now that I am a type 2 diabetic. Not that I drink much anyway. But now I can finish off my bottle of bourbon. Thought you would all like to know.

Thanks for these updates. My old boss has recently been diagnosed and it's sad that he can no longer have all the good things in life, like rum and popcorn.

...Not always together.

The diabetic diet is actually very healthy for everyone. Carbs are one of the killers and pasta may be the worst. I love pasta and that is harder than giving up beer for me. But like everything else, its very personal. I have excellent blood pressure and cholesterol because I gave up fast food years ago and many processed foods when I went back to nights to help keep the weight off.

I also only need to lose about 15 pounds to get down to my 'ideal' weight. Since I started the diet two weeks ago, I've lost 7 of them. I think most of it came from giving up soda. I had tried to cut back before because sugar soda is horrible for you and diet soda maybe horrible for you too. I still drink coffee in the morning and now I enjoy tea later.

Best thing is my energy levels are up and I'm sleeping better. Another plus is I love to cook and to eat healthier, you need to cook your own meals.

Recent meal, Did a white wine reduction with olive oil and balsamic vinegar with fresh chopped garlic. Then added shrimp to it. Just before removing it, I add broccoli and some shredded cabbage and carrots. I like my veggies to have a snap. The I served over brown rice. Normally, I might have ordered pizza that night.
Im glad you're getting your Diabetes under control! My father has struggled for years with it, it's like forcing a dog to take his medicine. The recipe you mention at the end sounds scrumptious!
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:

But Blizzard North is dead (like actually dead, not your wishful thinking dead regarding PoE), how can you be so sure about RoS being as good as LoD? Don't understand how people can be that hyped about a Blizzard game after what happened with vanilla D3.

Because the chances are way higher that Blizzard will deliver with RoS what they have promised. And looking at all the footage and infos we got so far confirms that RoS, together with loot 2.0, paragon 2.0, loot runs, nephalem trials (and probably also will ladders) will enhance vanilla d3 so drastically that d3 will be a totally new experience. just like LoD was for d2. why I am so sure? the release of RoS is at least 6 months away. probably even more.

but PoE's so called "release" is only one month away.

and lets be honest here. since poe hit open beta, nothing really changed in this game. yes, they added a few skills here and there. and some (useless) uniques. some new race types. changed the skill tree n stuff. but the core problems werent adressed. not even until today.

everybody praises the skilltree being the #1 factor for so many players to play poe. but lets be honest here, too. yeah the skilltree looks amazing at first. but at a second look everybody tries to copy established builds. so in the end, everybody plays a build which has already been successful. or do you know somebody who uses all block nodes? what about the 4x 10% armor nodes next to vaal pact? anybody playing with swords and took sword nodes?

and what about life vs ES? its still unbalanced. for over one year. most of the new skills are totally uselss as some of them actually supports dsynch. and dont let me start on dsync. its still not fixed ... what about crafting in poe? its totally a waste of time and currency. you are better of trading. too much RNG going down in crafting. too many people frustrated.

what about melee? its still not viable compared to ranged ...

so the main question is. do you really believe that after release of poe all those things will be fixed with just one month left, when they couldnt fix it for over one year? probably not.

but what about d3? blizz already fixed A LOT of their problems. GGG didnt fix any of those mentioned above. and blizz has more than 6 months left to adress the rest of the d3 problems.

poe has only one month ..

in the end ... i believe the chances are higher that blizz will fix their game and GGG will not. maybe another year from now GGG will be able to fix them, but then again, the game will be dead by then 100% because the problems mentioned above are the main concerns why people leave ...
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
Last edited by exorzist on Sep 7, 2013, 10:08:27 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info