0.9.12g Patch Notes

"
Jonathan wrote:
Okay, I'd just like to say I'm really sorry about that. This kind of thing is not acceptable.

It's easy to forget that System32 is where the 64 bit executables are and SysWOW64 is where the 32 bit executables are.

In the future after changing any DLLs we will make sure to test a reinstall on a clean system and make sure the client runs.
Yeah, it happens. Recently we've been having a Russian .dll creep into the Japanese install of our software. Baffles me how it happens - I would assume the guy who makes our installs has a set of scripts to get all the stuff together.

A fun saying I got from a development conference was "Anything a developer has to remember to do, he will eventually forget to do."

Running heists fully zoomed in... because
Every time i use a portal/waypoint i crash 85% of the time. I have to get lucky if i want to go anywhere cause once i click on a new location, the "client.exe" comes up. This is problematic cause i'm playing the race, and I don't want to be "TPing while client crashed so now i'm in default league". This has happened to me b4.
"
Chris wrote:
Version 0.9.12g
  • The Ledge waypoint now always points towards the Rocky Climb.

YAY that was messing up my ladder racing strat so much in act 1. I tried loads of things to figure out how to get to rocky climb from warp point consistently.. like where the character spawns in relation to warp point, the water in relation to the warp point, the amount of fires in the first totem encounter from warp point etc... but everything was completely random lol. Eventually I had to settle for a way I could do my strat decently 75% of the time.

Edit: Oh.. just noticed its called waypoint lol
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Sep 17, 2012, 11:38:39 AM
Wow. The first system crash report comes in at 4:03 (EST), and the team is on it, they apologize, fix the problem, patch the server, and the solution is announced as fixed at 4:21. An 18-minute turnaround after hours is absolutely incredible.

*applause*
I would blame it on the history of Windows development...
what comes after 0.9.12z?
Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat Server Test, and Winner of the First Ever Cut-Throat League Event!
Hey guys, there are two audio problems that were introduced by the upgrade to OpenAL in this patch.

The first is some errant clicking and popping sounds. It's hard to notice at first but once you hear it it's really annoying. I think that these did happen from time to time in the old version as well, but this version caused those sounds to happen really frequently.

I'm happy to say that I've now found a fix for this issue and it will be deployed in the next point release.

The second problem is that the stereo separation has increased substantially. I'll be working on tweaking that with our audio engineer and we should get it back to how it was in the next point release as well.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
"
NotSorry wrote:
what comes after 0.9.12z?

Nothing. 0.9.12z is the zombie apocalypse.
Is it just me, or does the passive Reduced Mana Cost, which the tooltip reads "x% reduced Mana Cost of Skills" no longer reduce the cost of auras?

Are auras not skills?

I just took the 7% node and my aura cost remained the same.
Im sure it used to reduce it.

I could just be going crazy tho.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
"
bredin wrote:
Is it just me, or does the passive Reduced Mana Cost, which the tooltip reads "x% reduced Mana Cost of Skills" no longer reduce the cost of auras?

Are auras not skills?
They are. But they don't have mana costs - they have mana reservations. There are separate passives that affect those.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info