Hegemonica's Level 99 CI Wander Witch Gear. UPDATED BATMAN BUILD 1.1 ready!

BATMAN? YES CLICK BELOW
http://i.imgur.com/mxLXKqQ.jpg

*** NEW MIRRORED CHEST ***
GG Saintly Chainmail compliments of Skalpo
PST him for more info!

added new praetor Crown

Build Pros/Cons
Strengths:
- High single target DPS
- High aoe DPS
- Ability to consistently chill/freeze/shock/burn/stun
- Knockback on crit to keep melee mobs at bay
- Save currency in having to reroll maps to make the feasible
- Decent Boss killer/Excellent map cleaner
- Don't have to carry mana flasks! (when you physical damage is great)
- Chill after freeze (more cc for bosses/exiles)

Weaknesses:
- The gear costs a fuckload to make it work (lol)
- Takes more skill to cycle through flasks and manage flask charges
- Susceptible to stun/shock/burn
- No regen for ES
- Mana costs at early gear levels
- Doesn't work that well with marauder/duelist

Gems (Please refer to My gear setup for gem links and supports.)
I carry these gems in my bags for map affix swapping. 5L cut out additional accuracy. 6L will be additional accuracy

Nemesis Gear
Spoiler

Current Nemesis Tree

Standard Gear (as lvl 99 Witch)
Spoiler

Current Standard Build

Saintly Variation Chest

- 38k dps with grace/hatred
- 54k dps with hatred/wrath
- 74k dps with grace/wrath/anger/haste
- Using Tempest shield on top of 2 60% auras.
- Don't use purity anymore as I am capped with resists and purity no longer grants you +2% max all resist.

FAQ:
Spoiler

1. How do you deal with reflect?
Spoiler
Block & Evade Entropy. What this means is that you have chance to evade which will fufill its percentages. For ex. If you have 50% chance to evade, this means you will take every other hit. You cannot screw your RNG over so much that you take two hits in a row. However, this does not guarantee by any means that you will dodge/evade/block the first hit! Blocking counts as successful hit that is fully mitigated (elemental or physical). So if you block the first hit you've already taken a successful hit and if you ahve 50% chance to evade, you are guaranteed to evade the next hit! This is why the block/evasion combo is so strong. This method is vastly superior to vaal pact and any kind of armor/resistance stacking. Dodging/blocking is just pushing reflect off the table. However, you need a substantial amount of this combo to make it feel smooth. Reminder that no amount of armor is going to mitigate ele reflect. Ele reflect will only go through your resistances if it is not blocked/dodge/evaded! This is why I think that at the highest gear levels BATMAN is vastly superior to vaal pact. I never ever ever ever have to carry around those pesky life leech gems anymore! Do not underestimate the amount of block chance and what it can do for you as far as consistency of survivability during the hardest map mods the game has to offer.

As you can see I run with 2 granites. One of the granites has +99% armor which leads to the granite itself being buffed along with my archon shield. This puts me over 7k armor when I pop this flask. The other granite is a puncture granite. Its not as strong as my other but I alternate chaining these two flasks in order to deal with physical reflect. Another great flask to use is a jade, as it will provide great amounts of evasion to evade those pesky reflects. Map mod physical reflect is much worse than the mob rare affix phys reflect. The mob affix has been nerfed twice. I feel like its 50% less effective than the actual map mod +18% phys reflect. Be weary when you have a map thats Vuln + Phys reflect.

Spoiler

2. Why don't I get more attack speed? Faster attacks increases DPS more.
Spoiler
Faster attacks although increases dps substantially, it creates other avenues of problems. Mainly the expenditure of mana consumption linked with strong support gems that will cause you to fire what I call "blanks" aka auto attacks. If you are in a situation where you're firing blanks you are not matching your dps potential. WED especially gets to be very costly so you have to handle the supports and your attack speed accordingly. Attack speed is not bad, it truely shines on temp chains/chilled ground maps. In these maps you should never be firing blanks due to the fact that you are not firing as frequently. As for everything else I believe 1.5 attkspeed base on a wand with maligaros is a adequate balance of attack speed vs mana consumption.
Do not be deceived by tooltip dps that is inflated by attack speed. There's only a base amount needed to be able to get shots off while being surrounded (without unwavering stance/chayula). The proper usage of granites and stun recovery flasks are pivotal to the success of the character. If you have an ultra slow wand, look to really struggle in temp chains/chilled ground and probably die when you get surrounded due to interrupts.

3. You seem to choose accuracy over many other great dps stats like flat-ele, crit chance, and physical damage. Why is this?
Spoiler
Character success is based off of every situation, not just the offscreen turreting. If you fail to survive if the shittiest of situation, then imo the build fails. With consistent accuracy and hit rating I'm able to freeze/knockback and generally relieve pressure that can be damn near instantaneous. You consistently leeching providing that extra toe-to-toe tankiness that you need to have vs exiles/bosses/turbo rares.

4. Bullying Hege? Really?
Spoiler
If you have a high phys wander and don't have bullying, you are doing it wrong! Bullying is by far one of the bread and butter keystones that make this build so viable and insanely fun! Again this is a common misconception of tooltip dps fanatics. Bullying allows you to turret more isntead of kite/run-like-a-bitch, thus increasing dps substantially. I'm able to negate many hits, many punctures, and many devasting melee hits (keep in mind I have dick for armor) thanks to bullying. This is another reason why chain+LMP shines. Bullying is also a great way of killing those pesky undying totems as you see the mobs get punted back to oblivion and eventually get you towards their leader! Bullying also knocks back based on player position instead of the way the projectile has been chained.

5. Chain? Why?
Spoiler
Again. I understand that chain lowers your tooltip dps. But it does so much more off the tooltip. It allows you to have more chances to crit (increasing the consistency of crit chance), in turn allowing more bullying (knockback), freezing, shocking, burning! Quality Chain is also nice because it clears rooms more effectively with the increased range. Contact damage with projectile is overall more consistent with quality chain when mobs have turbo or run extremely fast!

6. Why not GMP over LMP?
Spoiler
Simply put, GMP is not always effective in indoor maps and even some outdoor maps, but dps/damage aside you suffer an extra +50% mana modifier as a support gem making Power Siphon even MORE costly! 150% vs 200% Plain and simple answer.

7. You talk about watering down your dps per hit? What do you mean by this?
Spoiler
Every mob in the game has an armor value and a resistance. It works the same way as characters do as far as damage intake. The harder you hit per hit, the less armor plays in the mitigation sense. Thus providing more armor penetration and better leech (life/mana). Enfeeble will also
neuter your damage and leech often making your build feel very clunky and mana starved. Hitting hard is where it counts!

8. Bandits? What rewards and why?
Spoiler
Normal - Skillpoint. If you're going for the end game. This is the best choice. However, if you don't plan on getting the best gear possible. Then mana is a great choice for making the character feel good. You can eventually get enough mana on gear to trivialize the need for this bandit reward.

Cruel - This is a tricky one. While both attack speed and physical damage are good, IMO it comes down to what end game wand you would like to use. If you want to go the slower tornado wand route, i would suggest attack speed. But if you would like to go the imbued route (1.5s) then pick the physical damage for more heavy hitting action!

Merciless - power charge. everything else is irrelevant. No deviation, whatsoever, nada.

9. Shadow/Templar/Witch/Ranger phys wander? Which is the best? Why?
Spoiler
This is a question I get asked a fuckton. Here is the common pros/cons and general breakdowns of each.

Shadow - Due to the nature of its starting area and ample amount of attack speed. Shadow is a very fast slinging wanderer that is in proximity of all the good wand nodes near the witch tree. Generally speaking its very easy to level up as a phys wander once you transitioned from freezepulse.

Witch - My personal favorite! She's sexy, she's fucking beast mode of a phys wander. She's the closest to all the nodes that you need, and probably the fastest leveling phys wander out there. Also she's centralized next to all the sweet block nodes.

Templar - Templars make the best elemental wanders with their catalyze accessibility and other elemental damage nodes. However, you do waste a handful of 10 stat point to get to the witch area for all the starting wand nodes. This is where its much harder to level and doesn't really pay off until you're able to get pick up that 7th power charge! You don't pick up the 7th power charge until way later, otherwise it makes your templar a bitch to level.

Ranger - Ranger is a very good phys wander, but really struggles to get near the nodes that it needs to feel fluid. I feel like Ranger wander is completely viable when you are around level 90 or so. Before that, its just rough as hell to get there. I'd recommend leveling up as something else, then using a lot of regrets to respec.

Duelist - Its possible to go phys wander on a duelist, but this class is the one that wastes points on bow nodes that you will never use. To get of the tree you take the fury bolts circle, and then go up and over through conduit/irongrip up into witch tree. its a long travel, and its not worth it unless you are high level, dont wanna reroll, and really really really want a phys wander!

Maurader - HP based, and IMO the worst phys wander. Its completely different from the builds that I use, its eldritch battery hp based.

Scion - Another sexy diva, but she will lose out on some talents due to her starting area. However, she does provide a great group avenue as she gets conduit on her way into the world of CI

10. How do you go about leveling one of these?
Spoiler

Facebreaker Infernal Blow Setup

Tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAVysHY-aBwFQRUHkDu9YxiAj0O-Hi920ZpystH8HzTLOio4IeBAd_xtsLHwInqX5ZEZY2xVptDkjYJCQ8pzSdqqIupwinXGKsUEIVUI9G2t3sGElR1p2MNh0U0NCP-lVL-tJMNc9lSTvb5yaVbXs26WaecH0oxVXGNntHBrVIJKrjasAaqZWAVvO-Fm-0o8LsGYVZ85BVGjJPfR6BrKqnhFFgS40n7XKpGjj_HHzZ890=

You can also go Freezepulse. Get the nodes that share with wanders, then spec out of the very few cold nodes later. I think it was like 7-8 respec points. Here is the build i started as freezepulse. When you get enough gear to sustain lmp/chain and a decent physical wand. Then you can transition over.

Freezepulse Leveling (to eventually transition into wander)
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMBAuMEBwdjB6UOSBEvEVARlha_F1QfAiKBLJwtHzvhSbJMs1AwVytfKm0ZcFJw1X_GghCIa448mZqdo56hoqOnK6-btve71sBRwFTB89te37Di9-OE5oHrY-vk8-r8qw==

11. Hege, you're rich as fuck, why not use shavs?
Spoiler
Plain and simple. I do not enjoy the attack speed gained from blood rage with any wand other than a prophecy wand. So while you are able to get a slow but high damage prophecy wand, you are now susceptible to your own blood rage and chaos damage. The defenses aren't enough for me to justify using a shavs. Try using a shavs with an imbued wand and just listen to your character say "i'm out of mana" over and over and over again. Then try it with a tornado or opal and hear it nearly as much. Its really only viable with the slower wands to be able to fire consistently. Trade off is shit imo. You pretty much bring in a market for prophecy wands, but thats about it. Why spend 60 ex on a shavs and get a cheap as fuck prophecy wand. I'd rather get better defenses, immunity to chaos damage, and use a sick ass imbued/tornado wand.

12. Do you need auxium for this build?
Spoiler

NO!!!!!!!!! Auxium is a luxury thats nice to have. You can easily run a great rustic sash with resists/strength/armor/es and run a dream fragments (substantially cheaper). You can also run w/o dream frags, but be prepared to get frozen and have flasks to combat it. I have been running phys wander since standard way before auxium even existed. I had an alpha howl instead of a dream frags cause I never got one to drop.

13. Are there any map mods that you DON'T do? If so, what are they
Spoiler

I have done 99.9% of map mods in the entirety that i've been playing past 90. And even done most of the bosses in each of the maps (ie. crema's maegaera/shrine's piety). This is where the build excels in saving currency. You can do nearly every map mod that isn't blood magic.
The ONE and absolute one map that me and my friends rolled that I did not do was a 74 gorge the map mods are as follows:

-23% max resist
-vulnerability
-physical reflect
-ele reflect
+1 other affix that didnt really matter.

So there is no accommodation that I could have made through gems that would make this build doable without insta ripping. Even if i lowered my damage with a shittier wand, it would be a net loss across the board. I can do every other map affix though. No matter how shitty! bring on the 150%+ qty to hege and watch me get it done. no 75's or lower though!

14. Why lightning damage on your wand?
Spoiler

Lightning damage is an obvious shock stacking benefit. Lightning Weapon Dmg also scales with WED (support gem), Arcing blows (30% Weapon ele), fusilade (6% per pwr charge), Wand elemental Damage x3 (under fusilade). This provides more than average scaling with lightning damage for more reliable shock stacking. Also this provides a greatly needed balance in a wand as when you flirt with too much physical damage, you can gib yourself in 1 hit on a dbl phys reflect/vuln map with crit weakness with a wand such as the famous foe spell tornado wand on standard. I have tested this myself, and I am speaking from experience and from even watching the owner of that wand RIP at lvl 98 from a single golem with only Phys reflect/crit weak on the mob. There's such a thing as TOO MUCH physical damage.

15. Crown of eyes? Why don't you use it with your build?
Spoiler

I would if I had one. It is a 40% attack damage upgrade just from the implicit wand 19% spell damage and the 21% spell dmg per pwr charge node (7x3% in witch). However, with great dps comes great responsibility. Many people seem to not understand how the wander works as far as when you increase your damage, you need to make sure you have the defense to support it. Otherwise, you just become a glass cannon joke that will continue to rip over and over again and not see the tunnel to levels past 97. Finding the extra fire resist is gonna be quite the feat. You are already limited to using maligaros/auxium/rainbowstride/crown of eyes, so laves you pretty much 2 rings/chest/neck/shield to make up for that loss of fire resist. 40% attack damage is nice, but so is a nice hubris with fucktons of accuracy/resists/mana/int to make those maps more faceroll. Damage is not always the solution, it can often be the problem if not managed correctly.

16. Starting as shadow, what should the tree look like?
Spoiler

like this

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYADkgRLx4aKltQQohrjDaZmqIupzS0OLVItvfSGdbR44TlGetj_5M=

17. Any gameplay footage?
Spoiler

Sure just go to my channel. twitch.tv/deanhonda and look through the vods. If you want you can support my stream and donate or idle. Thanks again

18. Tempest Shield? Why?
Spoiler

You need a diesel mana pool to pull this ability off. But it gives you 4% attack block, and if you're using good rainbowstrides an extra 1% spell block. Making you that much safer against mobs/reflect and even spells. Not to mention you look cool as fuck!

8/8 Overachiever
http://twitch.tv/hegemonyTV
http://www.youtube.com/user/hegemonypoe
Last edited by HegemonyTV on Apr 7, 2014, 11:25:42 AM
Build it self?)almost no mana regen on gear no mana leech how it works?
ou the belt,now i see
Last edited by cislacoff on Aug 23, 2013, 2:00:41 PM
have you tried abyssus?
i have mind drinker and mana regen node at start of the witch tree

mind drinker = 2% mana leech on physical dmg
auxium = 6% mana leech with charges
8/8 Overachiever
bandits reward ?
Hegemonica is one good wander :D nice gear.
IGN - drewdog (physical_cannon)
(physical wanders - level 93 79k frenzy 38k lmp/chain)
If you can afford gear like this, why not go low life?
"
Justy wrote:
If you can afford gear like this, why not go low life?

I think the biggest issue with going Shavs+low-life is that you really don't benefit.

You can't really go blood rage, because most CI wander builds can't spare enough points to reach Zealots Oath. Even then, stacking chaos res to counter blood rage+chaos damage would be a pain.
Finally, I think it would be much harder to sustain power siphon with blood rage's attack speed bonus on low life.

You'd also lose out on quite a bit of potential res+es.

Very interesting build, thanks for posting!
twitch.tv/enki91
updated
8/8 Overachiever

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info