Reave

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The skill counter cannot be increased or manipulated in any way.

Doesn't temporal chains extend the duration of all buffs and debuffs on you? Increased duration nodes don't affect charge duration but temporal chains does.
People are being very ignorant about dual wield weapon alternating skills. I guess it's natural that whining is simpler than thinking.

Let me show you how you make the most out of it. Here's a few quick pointers about Reave:

Only works with Daggers, Claws and One Handed Swords.
When dual wielding, alternates between weapons if both weapons are one of the above.
If not, only hits with appropriate weapon.

This doesn't mean that non-appropriate weapon is as good as nothing. All global modifiers (Attack Speed, Global Crit, Increased Elemental Damage, Resistances, Stats etc.) apply to the attack, and that includes modifiers from your "stat stick" weapon.

Now, take a look at this beauty that costs 1 Alch:

50% Increased Attack Speed
30% Fire Res
30% Lightning Res

Damage sucks but who cares, Reave doesn't hit with Maces so only the damage from your other weapon counts. Also saves from having to get two godlike weapons.

Now suddenly the argument is whether a Shield is better than 10% MORE Attack Speed, 50% Increased Attack Speed and bunch of resistances.

And it doesn't end here. That's just one example of a weapon. You can use anything depending on build, a good rare, Supreme Truth for ele builds, even Soul Taker.
Last edited by Alhoon on Aug 21, 2013, 12:32:22 AM
Wish this worked with PotCG :(
"
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The skill counter cannot be increased or manipulated in any way.

Doesn't temporal chains extend the duration of all buffs and debuffs on you? Increased duration nodes don't affect charge duration but temporal chains does.
it isn't a buff.

unrelatedly, yes i too fully expected a cleave style dual wield mechanic. it is AoE so, i pretty much would expected further penalties for using both weapons together.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Aug 21, 2013, 1:00:58 AM
For the love of all things holy, please make this a radial skill which affects the entire area around your character, and get rid of this nasty cone.
IGN - Unhost
http://youtube.com/nativisions
http://twitch.tv/unhost
"
Alhoon wrote:
People are being very ignorant about dual wield weapon alternating skills. I guess it's natural that whining is simpler than thinking.

Let me show you how you make the most out of it. Here's a few quick pointers about Reave:

Only works with Daggers, Claws and One Handed Swords.
When dual wielding, alternates between weapons if both weapons are one of the above.
If not, only hits with appropriate weapon.

This doesn't mean that non-appropriate weapon is as good as nothing. All global modifiers (Attack Speed, Global Crit, Increased Elemental Damage, Resistances, Stats etc.) apply to the attack, and that includes modifiers from your "stat stick" weapon.

Now, take a look at this beauty that costs 1 Alch:

50% Increased Attack Speed
30% Fire Res
30% Lightning Res

Damage sucks but who cares, Reave doesn't hit with Maces so only the damage from your other weapon counts. Also saves from having to get two godlike weapons.

Now suddenly the argument is whether a Shield is better than 10% MORE Attack Speed, 50% Increased Attack Speed and bunch of resistances.

And it doesn't end here. That's just one example of a weapon. You can use anything depending on build, a good rare, Supreme Truth for ele builds, even Soul Taker.

I approve of your way of thinking. I myself will be trying out a soul taker + rare sword with reave. I'm using the blender build so my atk/s is so high that i'd run myself dry of mana w/o soul taker or put a big dent in my hp when attacking with bm.
IGN: Azuredrag, SpliTime

Fastest way to get a hold of me is in-game. Second fastest is through PM. I don't check on threads all that often since I prefer to play :)
20Q gem since I didn't see quality gem posted before.

Also, I suggest making the visual brighter because i can barely see the wave
IGN: RennacVD
Increased Attack Speed is local
What is the max number of stages?

"
Eternal_Echo wrote:
Increased Attack Speed is local

Yes, but when dual wielding I believe you only have one attack speed: the average of your two weapons. (I think this is to prevent some pretty awkward animations...) I don't think the ability checks just the attack speed of the specific weapon using the skill.
@Moylin (Beyond)
Last edited by Avelice on Aug 21, 2013, 1:09:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info