Download goes exceptionally slow

"
ulrikov wrote:
Most of the people willing to try this game out (after hearing about how good this game is) will be out the window the moment they realize that downloading the client would take ages.

Either, they do something what other MMOs are doing (getting client files hosted somewhere) or they stick with this system and ultimately loosing more than half of interested players down the drain.

Lol, you have no idea the scale of hosting which is going on right now.

WoW switched to their own bittorrent client, which is something GGG is not planning to do. That's much different than hosting their own traffic. Your theory about "loosing" players is more than ridiculous, did you base this on your own experience? I wish you luck with your drain.

"
ionface wrote:
Your theory about "loosing" players is more than ridiculous, did you base this on your own experience? I wish you luck with your drain.

As a matter of fact yes... Although I do have patience to get around things, but if you put this in an regular online gamer's point of perspective... most would be turned off if the thought of downloading a game you want to try would be a pain.

I do understand that the game is still young and has much room to grow but if the first impression for a gamer would be like this, what do you think would come to their minds?

I'm trying to be constructive here by (once again) bringing this up, as I've heard this is a problem that has been around for a long time. But this is a serious issue that should be addressed with extreme haste.
"
ulrikov wrote:
"
ionface wrote:
Your theory about "loosing" players is more than ridiculous, did you base this on your own experience? I wish you luck with your drain.

As a matter of fact yes... Although I do have patience to get around things, but if you put this in an regular online gamer's point of perspective... most would be turned off if the thought of downloading a game you want to try would be a pain.

The download speeds for the game are fine for the most part, patch day overload is nothing new many games suffer the same problem even torrents can have problems.
And regular gamers that have played mmos or even downloaded games from the game site will realize this and i've seen much worse...even WoW before they added the quick play feature.

Started downloading about 25 minutes ago but opted for a full clean download of the ggpk rather than the patch and sitting at 86% atm, would be quicker but the dl speed is still fluctuating a bit.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Aug 21, 2013, 1:57:18 AM
I'm sorry for my ignorance. I guess I downloaded the game when a major patch was being released... that explains a lot.

Oh, okay.. I guess I'll give it another day or two before I download this whole thing again.
i am getting roughly from 0kb/s to 155kb/s and the... the download speed is really unstable
but the bottom line its really slow because u usually download at 700kb/s to around 1.8mbps

certainly would have help if the file was made as full client that can be downloaded from a high speed server or from torrent :(
What DIABLO III never was is everything Path of Exile is

"
guhan85 wrote:
certainly would have help if the file was made as full client that can be downloaded from a high speed server or from torrent :(

Check the patch announcement thread. There are links to torrents and other things.
"
verminoth wrote:
Yes, everyone's is doing this and it's terribly slow. I am going 0B/sec to 125KB/sec.....

Until Now And so long .. I am going 0B/sec to 55KB/sec as max !
Need help :(
same problem need help
first 95% went ultra fast now im stuck at the last 250 mb :(
Gonna miss start of the league at this rate

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info